Coaching Changes - 2011 Offseason Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching Changes - 2011 Offseason Edition

Hey, any body know who is leaving UMD? There is an asst job posting on there web site, dated the 18th.

Comment

Originally posted by 1996 View Post
      Hey, any body know who is leaving UMD? There is an asst job posting on there web site, dated the 18th.
      Maria Rooth is going back to Sweden in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBart View Post
        Which Assistant Coach at Princeton is leaving/has left?
        Both Assistants are still listed on the program's Web site, so I'm interested to find out myself.

Comment

Sometimes vacancies are announced as a formality during the visa renewal process. I do not know this to be the case right now with Princeton. This is just a general comment.

Comment

I noticed Day 1's agenda of the 2011 AHCA Convention included the topic "The decline of female coaches in women's hockey".

Anyone have any insight into this? Is it an epidemic?

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
              I noticed Day 1's agenda of the 2011 AHCA Convention included the topic "The decline of female coaches in women's hockey".

Coaches have talked about how this is brought up formally and informally every year.

Comment

Assistant at SCSU is posted on the NCAA site. Not surprising, they would have to do something I would think!

Comment

Its not that surprising, they seem to have an assistant opening the last couple of years. So either Brita or Jenn is leaving. Maybe not traveling very far to her new job though.

Comment

Originally posted by Girls_Hockey_fan View Post
                    Assistant at SCSU is posted on the NCAA site. Not surprising, they would have to do something I would think!
                    I'm not calling for heads on a platter or recommending any action being taken...but I might have thought someone else could have been on "shaky" ground.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post

Kind of interesting given that, for the majority of girls looking at programs, those I have talked to would for the most part generally actually prefer having a male head coach, and state as much as one of their selection criteria...or at the very least have a male as part of the mix in the bench staff.

Is it also a coincidence that much of the negative talk about coaches over the past few years, both within and between programs, also tends to focus on some/many of the female coaches??

I would hope that the emphasis should be getting the most qualified and experienced coach possible, regardless of gender. Giving someone a job, primarily because they are female, or an alumnus, or other criteria ultimately does no one any favours.

Comment

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
                        I'm not calling for heads on a platter or recommending any action being taken...but I might have thought someone else could have been on "shaky" ground.
                        Previous discussion on this possibility concluded that he was recently extended and SCSU isn't in financial position to be eating any contracts at this time.

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
                        I would hope that the emphasis should be getting the most qualified and experienced coach possible, regardless of gender.
                        That is the comment I've seen most often from players -- they want the best possible coach.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

It sounds as though OSU will name their new coach very soon. A fresh start and new direction for this program is very exciting. I wish I had a crystal ball to see where they'll be 3, 4, 5 years down the road. The change was very necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                            Its not that surprising, they seem to have an assistant opening the last couple of years. So either Brita or Jenn is leaving. Maybe not traveling very far to her new job though.
                            It could be one of them leaving, it also could just be the formal posting of the job that Brita got last year - When Jason Johnson left there was no time for a formal search so I think technically Brita was an interim coach. This could be the formal posting for her position, which I assume she would also reapply for.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              Previous discussion on this possibility concluded that he was recently extended and SCSU isn't in financial position to be eating any contracts at this time.
                              The financial circumstances for SCSU would likely preclude a change at the top. I'm not sure he's the guy to turn it around just the same.
                              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Any news out of Columbus?

Edit: I think the right person could take the Buckeyes to the a greater level of success.
                                Last edited by brookyone; 05-13-2011, 04:35 PM.
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X