Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching Changes - 2011 Offseason Edition

Originally posted by leafsfan View Post
    I heard that Dan Koch (SSM) and John Harrington (Italy) are also being considered.....
    Koch was a great part of the recruiting success at UW before going to SSM. OSU has not had a hard time getting players, in my opinion they need to do more with then once they are there. Koch doesn't have a lot of history being the X's and O's guy, but he would certainly be an improvement. Given the history with Digit recently I can't imagine they are really considering her and I wouldn't think they would want to roll the dice with Harrington based on no experience with the female game. Harrington remains a good friend of Mark Johnson and obviously Koch has a connection there as well. I am curious if he is providing any guidance behind the scenes.

Comment

Oh I am sure MJ has offered his insite into the selection process, and I am also sure that OSU would be smart enough to listen. Also agree that the Murphy interview is nothing more then a appeasment.

I am not so sure that a Harrington selection would be a "roll of the dice" he is well respected in the men's game and has alot to offer.

Should be interesting to see who the Buckeyes pick.

Comment

Originally posted by leafsfan View Post
        Oh I am sure MJ has offered his insite into the selection process, and I am also sure that OSU would be smart enough to listen. Also agree that the Murphy interview is nothing more then a appeasment.

I am not so sure that a Harrington selection would be a "roll of the dice" he is well respected in the men's game and has alot to offer.

Should be interesting to see who the Buckeyes pick.
        Agree Harrington is a strong well respected hockey coach; it just seems there are a number of solid proven options in the women's game already. Making the jump from men's to women's is probably better characterized as an " unknown variable" rather than a roll of the dice. I agree it should be very interesting.

Any update on the Penn State situation?

Comment

Originally posted by granddaddyscout View Post
          Agree Harrington is a strong well respected hockey coach; it just seems there are a number of solid proven options in the women's game already. Making the jump from men's to women's is probably better characterized as an " unknown variable" rather than a roll of the dice. I agree it should be very interesting.

Any update on the Penn State situation?
          Yeah I remember when people said the same thing on Mark Johnson at Wisconsin when he was a Men's assistant - seemed to have worked out just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by joehockey View Post
            Yeah I remember when people said the same thing on Mark Johnson at Wisconsin when he was a Men's assistant - seemed to have worked out just fine.
            Agree! Harrington would bring instant respect and I don't feel he would have to much trouble making the adjustment to the womens game. Also feel Koch would be a very strong candidate. Not a big fan of Digit and feel would be very close to what they had.

Comment

Originally posted by GumpW View Post
              Well, SCSU did lose an assistant coach - Jennifer Kranz is moving down the road to St Ben's as head coach (link). So not sure if the posting for her position was already up, or if indeed that was the formal posting for the interim slot Britta holds. In any case, SCSU will have two new assistants compared to a year ago (when Jason Johnson and Jennifer Kranz were there, at least at the start of the season).

What do you think - will there be lots of people applying for SCSU assistant job(s), or are these types of roles hard to fill?
              College hockey: Kranz moves from Huskies to Blazers

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20110...uskies-Blazers
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
                Its not that surprising, they seem to have an assistant opening the last couple of years. So either Brita or Jenn is leaving. Maybe not traveling very far to her new job though.
                Blind squirrel type of thing.

Comment

... I wouldn't think they would want to roll the dice with Harrington based on no experience with the female game.
                  Harrington must have some connection with the women's game, because he was at the WCHA tournament, hanging with the officials, coaches, and league brass. Strictly men's coaches off of the street don't typically do that.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by WCHFan View Post
                    Agree! Harrington would bring instant respect and I don't feel he would have to much trouble making the adjustment to the womens game. Also feel Koch would be a very strong candidate. Not a big fan of Digit and feel would be very close to what they had.
                    Agree with WCHFan ... excited about the possibility of having Koch or Harrington behind the bench. Digit ... not so much.

Comment

I'm going to say it won't be Harrington. I know there's a connection between him and Johnson at Wisco, but I don't buy the talk about how MJ is involved in the process or helping OSU find a coach. MJ, "yeah, he's a great guy. Hell of a recruiter, communicates well with players, has International experience, has the name recognition, knows his on-ice stuff. Yes you should hire him, he will probably give me a run for the money in two years."
                      Plus, John could be getting back into the men's game in Minnesota somewhere.

Comment

I agree. There is no way Johnson would be giving advice to OSU. I'm sure if they asked he would recommend but he'd be involved in no way. Any word on any others getting an interview? I heard a rumor there was a very strong candidate this week.

Comment

I heard it's Scotty Bowman (LOL)

Comment

Heard from a reliable source in Buckeyeland that Diget Murphy is being considered, along with two other "finalists". Any else have an update?
                            The Clarkson co-coaches have visited tOSU for an interview. They may be the other two.

Per Cap Carey in today's Watertown Daily Times "Knights Tales"
                            There is a possibility that Clarkson could have to go through this process all over again on the women’s side as co-coaches Matt and Shannon Desrosiers have interviewed for the vacant Ohio State head coaching position.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

hmmmm.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/C...982/story.html

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                The Clarkson co-coaches have visited tOSU for an interview. They may be the other two.

Per Cap Carey in today's Watertown Daily Times "Knights Tales"
                                That's an intriguing rumor. What coaches with the experience of these two and a bit of success wouldn't want to take the reigns of a team with the potential of the Buckeyes in the most successful, powerful and superior conference in the women's hockey universe?
                                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X