Coaching Changes - 2011 Offseason Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coaching Changes - 2011 Offseason Edition

My beef isn't with 54. I actually like most of his banter.

My issue is with dogdodowatcher. I think he has a lot of issues in his own world wherever that might be. I think he thinks he's a tough guy which usually means he's not.

As for my promise to get back to the more serious topic of any new news on the D1 coaching front. I would think most would have to be decided by July 1st. I was informed by a parent from OSU that the Assistant coaches bio's are off the team page??

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
      ..but...but... I never said any of those things.
      True. But WCHFan had an HTML problem when he quoted dogwatcher, and when you quoted WCHFan, that problem was carried on, so without reading the entire thread, it isn't obvious where certain statements originated.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by crazyhkyfan1 View Post
        @5 4 fighting

Ok seriously there bud!
        first get a life, you clearly know nothing about the game of hockey. Second, congrats you coached hockey before, and you know that is fantastic that you said you knew Herb Brooks but anybody could meet the man get his autograph and claim they know him. Its not hard to rad his biography on the internet. Nice try though better luck next time. Third, have you taken a look at your posts? they are juvenile! I didnt know your opinion really mattered that much to be saying that the letter should have not been posted. You know what buddy? sometimes in order to get peoples attention and get them to realize what is really going on things need to be taken to drastic heights! and maybe you tihnk that it was a bad idea or childish or "juvenile" in your words, but if you played for her (as I did for three years) or knew anything at all about Adrian College then you would be on the same page as the rest of the intelligent people in here!

thanks so much for trying tho
        ow better luck next time
        Welcome to the intricacies of quoting on this board. You are attributing your comments to the wrong person....For your clarity, below is the flow of comments you are trying to comment on with the comments attributed to the correct poster. The "QUOTE delimiters" got messed up in one post, and that carried on to anyone replying to that post.

Originally posted by dogwatcher
        First off Brooks coached a team of males (whole different animal mentally). In case you don't know this fact W that happened in 1980 that would be thirty years ago at that time it was also common for coaches to hit, kick and manhandle their players. I don't think that that is how it is done now. So besides making an *** of yourself W have you ever played any sport at any level besides being the last one picked everytime.

Originally posted by WCHFan View Post
        I think you asked me a question.

Ok tough guy in a forum. Actually coaching is coaching and knowing how to coach the team you're given is what's most important. Being a good coach is adjusting sometimes every shift. How do I know this? Because I've coached both boys and girls hockey and yes girls are different genius. You do need to handle every girl different at times. It's people like you in the stands I just get a kick out of. You mentioned you couldn't coach girls. Of course you couldn't because you're a crazy person who needs to talk tough on a forum. I feel sorry for you as you don't seem to have a clue. I truly wish we could meet in person so I could what a? Read my mind little? Read my mind again.

By the way coached my B1 boy�s team to a state championship and my girl�s teams won a state championship at the 14 age group. Actually coached 17 D1 players. And as far as being picked last. Actually played minor league baseball and was a 3 sport varsity player. And smart guy I actuall knew Herb and he coached his way which was totally different than most. He tried to coach his player to their strengths. Which I admired because most didn't agree with. My reference point to him was you have to coach every team, game and sometimes shifts different. Coaching is a very hard thing to do and even GREAT coaches make mistakes. How do you feel Herbie felt being left off the Olympic team as the last cut? Did he move on? Did it ruin his life? I think he did just fine as will the Adrian girls. That's what parents are for helping your kids when they have tough times. Not blaming others.

Get a life and go away as you're hurting your D3 team by your juvenile comments. I didn't start this argument you seem to want. But I feel I had to defend myself from your 7 year old comments. My whole post was only to say not to post a private team letter or to say such crushing mean spirited things about someone who I'm sure is a very nice young lady. Maybe you should talk to your AD. The person who hired her.

Coaches need to coach their way and if it works? Great. If it doesn't? Move on. Period! Tell me if your boys team did this to you or question'd you. Would you have liked it? Of coarse not tough guy. Instant message me. I'll give you my name and you give me yours. I bet your a little man I think we'd be great friends.

I can't wait to read your posts next year and reading the same comments about the new coach and how you know everything because you're a genius.

Ok. Now I'm done with you. Thanks 54 for allowing me to post. I do like your spirit. Sometimes that is.

Now I'm done with Adrian.

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
        Don't Thank me...be thankful of your first ammendment right.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          True. But WCHFan had an HTML problem when he quoted dogwatcher, and when you quoted WCHFan, that problem was carried on, so without reading the entire thread, it isn't obvious where certain statements originated.
          Your right. Didn't notice that till now. Kinda distracted I guess with all the rioting and whatnot going on up here...

Comment

As for my promise to get back to the more serious topic of any new news on the D1 coaching front. I would think most would have to be decided by July 1st. I was informed by a parent from OSU that the Assistant coaches bio's are off the team page??
            I know you see it on the men's side quite a bit. New coach comes in and brings in his own people right away. Now that RMU didn't hire from within, one might think that that staff might be headed somewhere else.
            RIT TIGERS
            2007-08 AHA Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
              Welcome to the intricacies of quoting on this board. You are attributing your comments to the wrong person....For your clarity, below is the flow of comments you are trying to comment on with the comments attributed to the correct poster. The "QUOTE delimiters" got messed up in one post, and that carried on to anyone replying to that post.
              didnt realize it was messed up! sorry

Comment

I just went into the OSU website and that appears to be the case. Hope this link works.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/Spo...07&SPSID=89284

Comment

You all did see who is the new head coach at Robert Morris didn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by quixote View Post
                    You all did see who is the new head coach at Robert Morris didn't you?
                    Paul Colontino would be my Google-fueled guess. Or staying in the USCHO domain it looks very similar.
                    Last edited by ARM; 06-19-2011, 05:28 PM.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

My apologies in advance if this has already been discussed but has there been a decision on who the new Adrian BullDog Head Coach is yet?

Comment

Not totally unexpected... Considering the current political climate for state workers (academic staff=coaches), the fact she has a young child, and the way she was treated by the parents and fans during Mark's absence a year ago.

Taking into effect the face I saw dining with some former badgers in town this week I think I know who the eventual new assistant will be once the state hiring process concludes...

Good Luck Tracey! You'll always be one of my favorite coaches!

DeKeyser steps down from women's hockey program
                        After a 12-year tenure assistant coach Tracey DeKeyser has resigned from her position with the women's hockey program. This coming fall semester DeKeyser will serve as a mentor for freshmen student-athletes through the Fetzer Student-Athlete Academic Center. She will also assist the Life Skills staff with various projects this coming year.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...062111aab.html
                        The WCHA Dynasty
                        Wisconsin
                        National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
                        MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
                        National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
                        MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
                        National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
                        MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

Originally posted by WHKY blogger View Post
                          Not totally unexpected... Considering the current political climate for state workers (academic staff=coaches), the fact she has a young child, and the way she was treated by the parents and fans during Mark's absence a year ago.
                          Tracey's resignation doesn't seem to be for negative reasons. I would imagine she wants to focus on her family... nothing to be ashamed of there as she's had a long and successful run with Wisconsin. Nothing lasts forever, although she will be sorely missed. Cheers to Tracey for a great coaching career at Wisconsin and all the best in her future endeavors!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer View Post
                            Tracey's resignation doesn't seem to be for negative reasons. I would imagine she wants to focus on her family... nothing to be ashamed of there as she's had a long and successful run with Wisconsin. Nothing lasts forever, although she will be sorely missed. Cheers to Tracey for a great coaching career at Wisconsin and all the best in her future endeavors!
                            Did I say it was?? All I was inferring dip**** is that with all the reasons stated its not a surprise.
                            The WCHA Dynasty
                            Wisconsin
                            National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
                            MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
                            National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
                            MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
                            National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
                            MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

Originally posted by GoBullDogsGo View Post
                              My apologies in advance if this has already been discussed but has there been a decision on who the new Adrian BullDog Head Coach is yet?
                              My bet, someone off the Wayne State staff. Nicolette Frank would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer View Post
                                ....Cheers to Tracey for a great coaching career at Wisconsin and all the best in her future endeavors!
                                Yes, congrats, Tracey! Best of luck to you for the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X