X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hux
    replied
    Re: Coaching Changes - 2011 Offseason Edition

Harvard's new Assistant Coach is Jeff Pellegrini, formally of the Bowdoin, UMass-Boston and Nichols College men's teams. He was also the Head Coach of the Boston Shamrocks in their first season.
    Last edited by Hux; 06-07-2011, 10:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hux
    replied

Originally posted by FranchisePlayer View Post
    Right, but if she can't recruit at a prep school (and one that is perfectly fine, but doesn't have ridiculously high admissions standards), how can she be expected to get it done at a college that DOES have ridiculously high admissions standards? I just don't get the hiring.
    It has to do with what the school is willing to give for financial aid. You can recruit all you want, but if the school doesn't fork over the FA you have a tough time getting players interested. As for Williams, I don't think they are really too concerned with attracting student-athletes to ensure wins for their hockey program.

Leave a comment:

• FranchisePlayer
    replied

Originally posted by Hux View Post
    It is Prep school, what do you expect? You get what you, ah, pay for.
    Right, but if she can't recruit at a prep school (and one that is perfectly fine, but doesn't have ridiculously high admissions standards), how can she be expected to get it done at a college that DOES have ridiculously high admissions standards? I just don't get the hiring.

Leave a comment:

• Hux
    replied

Originally posted by FranchisePlayer View Post
    Um, does anyone else find this to be a rather bizarre hiring? The team went to the N.E. Quarters her first year, then after a year of recruiting, they have a seriously sub-.500 season. I'm confused...
    It is Prep school, what do you expect? You get what you, ah, pay for.

Leave a comment:

• FranchisePlayer
    replied

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
    Congratulations to Meghan Gillis on being named as the new Williams head women's hockey coach!!! http://williams.prestosports.com/spo.../coaches/index
    Um, does anyone else find this to be a rather bizarre hiring? The team went to the N.E. Quarters her first year, then after a year of recruiting, they have a seriously sub-.500 season. I'm confused...

Leave a comment:

• dogwatcher
    replied

Originally posted by rugrats View Post
    Well Dick (fiver)... My friend has almost 20,000 posts to your 2,237. So, how about you go away. I'm certain there are more posters that think you're a pompous dick as well. East, west, north, or south... You're a pompous dick.... See ya Dick..... Oh, please check my spelling ok dick?
    Wow very insightful. This is not the corner C store and we are not you little buddies relax some.

Leave a comment:

• brookyone
    replied

Well Dick (fiver)... My friend has almost 20,000 posts to your 2,237. So, how about you go away. I'm certain there are more posters that think you're a pompous dick as well. East, west, north, or south... You're a pompous dick.... See ya Dick..... Oh, please check my spelling ok dick?
    More approval rep worthy material!

Leave a comment:

• rugrats
    replied

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
    You nailed it...Dual Income College Kids.

Go away...and take your friend with ya.

Leave a comment:

• 5 4 Fighting
    replied

Ok, replace easterner with D I C K.
    You nailed it...Dual Income College Kids.

Go away...and take your friend with ya.

Leave a comment:

• brookyone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rugrats
    replied

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    Fiver ... lmao at the folks calling you a pompous easterner! Based on the fact that your D enjoys playing college hockey at Elmira, along with your enthusiasm on the Elmira threads, I am pretty sure she made the right decision to play her college hockey there. She is getting a quality education and will no doubt be successful after her college days are over. Take care, Fiver. Watching that CTV Olympic dvd you helped me obtain right now. It's therapy for our recent issues with our football program. Seeing a former Buckeye (Tessa Bonhomme) win a gold medal in the Olympics makes me feel better.

Leave a comment:

• osualum86
    replied

Fiver ... lmao at the folks calling you a pompous easterner! Based on the fact that your D enjoys playing college hockey at Elmira, along with your enthusiasm on the Elmira threads, I am pretty sure she made the right decision to play her college hockey there. She is getting a quality education and will no doubt be successful after her college days are over. Take care, Fiver. Watching that CTV Olympic dvd you helped me obtain right now. It's therapy for our recent issues with our football program. Seeing a former Buckeye (Tessa Bonhomme) win a gold medal in the Olympics makes me feel better.

Leave a comment:

• 123kidd
    replied
    Originally posted by obserbear View Post
    Congratulations to Meghan Gillis on being named as the new Williams head women's hockey coach!!! http://williams.prestosports.com/spo.../coaches/index
    Thank you! Back to the subject of this thread.

Leave a comment:

• obserbear
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OnMAA
    replied

That's a POMPOUS Easterner.... Thanks for the reply.
    Rugrats. You obviously have no idea who you are talking to. Fiver is probably further west than you.
    Last edited by OnMAA; 05-28-2011, 11:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X