Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Where's the SCSU/Mankato Game 3 Score Thread? Oh, here it is

Originally posted by SCSU2039 View Post
    I have to say, even as a SCSU fan I've never liked the "you suck!" part of that cheer. Seive is good enough considering pretty often the goaltender didn't suck on that play. Its like saying SCSU only scores when the other goal screws up. Doesn't that mean SCSU sucks unless the other team sucks worse if we can only score when the other goaltender blows a play?
    That's deep!!

I was surprised at how many little kids were joining in (it was my first trip to SCSU this weekend). I looked at my wife and promised her that I wouldn't encourage my son to taunt like that. If he learns it as a college kid, fine, but not necessarily what I want to teach my kid. Don't get me wrong, it's not that big of a deal, but not something I would encourage.
    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU2039 View Post
      I have to say, even as a SCSU fan I've never liked the "you suck!" part of that cheer. Seive is good enough considering pretty often the goaltender didn't suck on that play. Its like saying SCSU only scores when the other goal screws up. Doesn't that mean SCSU sucks unless the other team sucks worse if we can only score when the other goaltender blows a play?
      Yeah right! I loved yelling as loud as I could at the other goalie. You give up a goal, there are consequences and hearing students yell is one of them. There are much worse student sections out there....
      "I'm not bias, but that should have been a penalty on the Badgers"- Frank Mazacco

Originally posted by Skeeterman
      The boner has a mind of its own.

Comment

Whew. I'm glad to be rid of Mankato State--they are the biggest thorn in our sides. After Friday's embarrassing collapse I didn't have much faith in the Huskies, but they proved me wrong.
        St. Cloud State University - Stearns County's Pride On Ice

Comment

Originally posted by andrewj063 View Post
          Yeah right! I loved yelling as loud as I could at the other goalie. You give up a goal, there are consequences and hearing students yell is one of them. There are much worse student sections out there....
          I never said that SCSU's student section or fans in general where horrible for doing so. I just don't think its very clever or proper. To call a goaltender a seive and say "you suck" to them is very different. I think calling someone a seive gets the point across. Saying "you suck" just implies you have less skill and need them to well, "suck," to score. At least in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
            I've always thought the Gary Glitter "hey, you suck" cheer was low-class. I'm glad our PA guy stopped playing the song, so it isn't done in Mankato anymore.

"Ole" is stupid, but it's just a celebration, not disrespecting the other team. Especially after this close of a series. Nobody in this series "sucked."
            Ole sucks as a soccer song, and really sucks as a hockey song. Get rid of it.

Comment

I've always thought the Gary Glitter "hey, you suck" cheer was low-class. I'm glad our PA guy stopped playing the song, so it isn't done in Mankato anymore.
              Waahhh.
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                Waahhh.
                So you approve of disrespecting the opponent after a hard-played, generally cleanly-played series goes your way. Nice. I'd really like to see some sportsmanship return to sports.
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

So you approve of disrespecting the opponent after a hard-played, generally cleanly-played series goes your way. Nice. I'd really like to see some sportsmanship return to sports.
                  Yes, I do.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Lighten up Francis! They do that after every goal....even if we are losing. Nobody was "disrespecting" anyone. If anyone should have been disprespected it should have been the guy in the box for taking a bad penalty at a crucial time.

Comment

Starting to sound sore, MavsFan.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                      X