RPI at Clarkson, 11/10/2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Disagree. Refs handed Clarkson a million power plays and we still played even or better with them all around. At even strength, we were absolutely better
    They were awful in the defensive zone. And if Clarkson was any good, they would have put up 5 easily. Cherepak was great when he had to be, but Clarkson missed at least three open nets.
    We continue to give up the puck in our defensive zone and can't seem to get it out when they have total control of the puck.
    The play of our defense (all 5 players) was just as bad as last week, only, Clarkson sucks.
    As for the seven penalties, they were obvious. Can't blame the refs for that.
    The offense looked good when they had the puck, but because the defense is so bad, they don't get much offensive zone play.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

They were awful in the defensive zone. And if Clarkson was any good, they would have put up 5 easily. Cherepak was great when he had to be, but Clarkson missed at least three open nets.
      We continue to give up the puck in our defensive zone and can't seem to get it out when they have total control of the puck.
      The play of our defense (all 5 players) was just as bad as last week, only, Clarkson sucks.
      As for the seven penalties, they were obvious. Can't blame the refs for that.
      The offense looked good when they had the puck, but because the defense is so bad, they don't get much offensive zone play.
      EHF- that's pretty much how everyone I know saw it. I was only able to watch the first period+ before they changed the feed at the pub. Hockey is relly a true team sport. Much of the offense starts with good defense and vice versa and the best goal tending is when the goalie does not have to do much because the 5 boys on the ice in front of him are taking care of the defensive business. We have yet to show we can do that. I did think we were a tad better with the puck in our own zone but any sort of aggressive fore check and we are totally inept at handing it. We have a good nucleus up front and as much speed as most any team. But if we do not handle the puck in our own zone better, we are going to pay for it in each and every game. We were only successful last night, as you mentioned, because Clarkson was not able to hit the side of a barn.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
      X