RPI at Clarkson, 11/10/2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4-2 PP goal
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Discipline boys.

Comment

final
        RPI 4
        CCT 2

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good game, nice win.

Comment

Good to get a win, but we still are not playing well.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              Good to get a win, but we still are not playing well.
              Disagree. Refs handed Clarkson a million power plays and we still played even or better with them all around. At even strength, we were absolutely better

Comment

Had a good feeling about the game so that's why I started the thread and the team came through :-) I will need to remember to start it tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I guess we didn't pay the refs as much as CCT did.
                  This is the routine up there. We really did need that 4th goal. I have seen it so many time before when they call 3 or 4 consecutive penalties against us late in the game. The lead is almost never safe and you almost always need that insurance goal. Now on to St. Lawrence where we actually have a chance for a North Country sweep. Something totally unexpected after last weekend and all the previous games this season.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post

Disagree. Refs handed Clarkson a million power plays and we still played even or better with them all around. At even strength, we were absolutely better
                    yes, this is the first full game that I have seen this year and thought that we had a really good game. Muzzatti was good at both ends of the ice and Cherepak was solid.

Comment

Good: 2 goals allowed, only 26 SOG allowed, 2nd straight ECAC road win.
                      Bad: 7 penalties, badly out numbered in faceoffs won, struggled in final 5 minutes.

But a win is a win, and any win against Clarkson is a good win…

Comment

I truly cannot express how bad I thought the refs were tonight. The first 6 games, I thought we did a bad job of being disciplined, which was the reason for the penalties. I do not think tonight we lacked discipline

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I guess we didn't pay the refs as much as CCT did.
                          CCT? Cash & Carry Tech?

Been a long time since they changed their name. Late 70s, early 80s? Thinking Dave Taylor, Brian Shields, Sid Tanchak...
                          Last edited by fr. joe; 11-10-2023, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                            Good: 2 goals allowed, only 26 SOG allowed, 2nd straight ECAC road win.
                            Bad: 7 penalties, badly out numbered in faceoffs won, struggled in final 5 minutes.

But a win is a win, and any win against Clarkson is a good win…
                            Yes Yes yes
                            And a win in Potsdam is always a nice way to start the weekend off

Comment

[Interesting ECAC scores early season:
                              We won, Union won.
                              Princeton beat Yale in OT
                              Colgate beats Harvard in shootout
                              Cornell beats Dartmouth in shootout

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                                I truly cannot express how bad I thought the refs were tonight. The first 6 games, I thought we did a bad job of being disciplined, which was the reason for the penalties. I do not think tonight we lacked discipline
                                We have a long history of losing on the North Country trip and deservedly so. Those two teams have been extremely strong over the many years. However, I have seen some of the worst biased officiating in college hockey from some of the games up there. This game was a prime example. However, our offense was able to produce enough to win this one. Defense was a tad better than in previous games but still allowed far too many quality chances against our goalie. Goal tending was simply superb as CCT could have had 5 or 6 goals from the odd man rushes and breakaways alone.
                                Last edited by DrDemento; 11-11-2023, 05:04 AM.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X