Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied
    RPI scores first.

Leave a comment:

• hab
    replied
    Originally posted by hab View Post
    Good competitive first period for the women Engineers, but trailing #6 SLU, 1-0.
    Lacking the excitement of the good crowds and pep band of last weekend....it seems that there is another game about to start a few miles down Hwy #7?

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied
    Originally posted by hab View Post
    Good competitive first period for the women Engineers, but trailing #6 SLU, 1-0.
    We have to clear our zone a bit faster and with more purpose. SLU gets in deep really very quickly and we have narrowly avoided some turnovers deep in the zone. Rampado has been spot on so far with one really highlight reel save.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied
    Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

I think that the Exhibition showed that we are at a similar level. Now the coaches have to make them forget the last four games and instill some confidence in the team.
    Win or lose, we are going to find out a lot about this team tonight.
    I put very little weight upon exhibition games. Tonight is for real and we have to play far better than we have. I think we do have the offense up front to do that but I worry about our ability to keep teams from racking up tons of shots against us. Should know much more after the first 20 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• hab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• engineerhockeyfan
    replied
    Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

I think we still need to show that we are at the same level. This weekend is the chance to do that. Odds makers have both games as close with the home team given a 1/2 goal edge. Focus has to be on defense. We will only be competitive if we can shut down the opposition. We showed virtually no ability to do that in the 4 games against HE teams.
    I think that the Exhibition showed that we are at a similar level. Now the coaches have to make them forget the last four games and instill some confidence in the team.
    Win or lose, we are going to find out a lot about this team tonight.

Leave a comment:

• DrDemento
    replied
    Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Finally playing a team that is more on our level at this point in the season.
    We had two weeks to get ready for the conference opening.
    Lets see what we learned from the tough OOC games.

Lets go RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think we still need to show that we are at the same level. This weekend is the chance to do that. Odds makers have both games as close with the home team given a 1/2 goal edge. Focus has to be on defense. We will only be competitive if we can shut down the opposition. We showed virtually no ability to do that in the 4 games against HE teams.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied
    I may miss the game. Take good notes. :-D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X