Alaska @ RPI, Saturday, 11/19/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Did not realize we had a shootout in an OOC game. I guess this one goes into the books as a tie.
    The coaches can agree to have one. That's the reason that I asked if I should start the next thread which everyone who has posted seemed to agree I should. We didn't have a precedent last season, did we? For a league game, I would definitely start the next thread since it counts as more than a tie.

Other opinions?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

The coaches can agree to have one. That's the reason that I asked if I should start the next thread which everyone who has posted seemed to agree I should. We didn't have a precedent last season, did we? For a league game, I would definitely start the next thread since it counts as more than a tie.

Other opinions?
      I don’t know about a precedent, but since we didn’t lose (the NCAA considers the game as a tie), I see no reason why you wouldn’t start the next thread.
      BTW, it was never mentioned during the game posts that Watson was pulled on both their 2nd and 3rd goals. Would love to know when the last time RPI pulled that off.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post

I don’t know about a precedent, but since we didn’t lose (the NCAA considers the game as a tie), I see no reason why you wouldn’t start the next thread.
        BTW, it was never mentioned during the game posts that Watson was pulled on both their 2nd and 3rd goals. Would love to know when the last time RPI pulled that off.
        As you wrote, the NCAA considers it a tie, so I think I should count it as a tie for the purpose of computing my percentage. In the past others have started the next thread after a tie. However, this feels better than a tie.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

As you wrote, the NCAA considers it a tie, so I think I should count it as a tie for the purpose of computing my percentage. In the past others have started the next thread after a tie. However, this feels better than a tie.
          I think it wise to try to consider how the NCAA counts the game. I see nothing wrong with games ending in a tie unless they are for a championship or in playoffs. I have to decide which I abhor more, shootouts to determine a winner or 3 x3 overtime for the same reason. Hockey has been a team sport played by 6 people on the ice for each team (unless there is a penalty) for ages. Change is not always for the better!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

I think it wise to try to consider how the NCAA counts the game. I see nothing wrong with games ending in a tie unless they are for a championship or in playoffs. I have to decide which I abhor more, shootouts to determine a winner or 3 x3 overtime for the same reason. Hockey has been a team sport played by 6 people on the ice for each team (unless there is a penalty) for ages. Change is not always for the better!
            Which is worse, shootouts or runners starting at 2nd base in baseball?

Neither is as bad as suggested tips. :-D (Unless there is also suggested prices for what the food costs.)
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-21-2022, 11:05 AM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Which is worse, shootouts or runners starting at 2nd base in baseball?

Neither is as bad as suggested tips. :-D (Unless there is also suggested prices for what the food costs.)
              Ralph-perfect example is the change to baseball! Simply absurd!
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
              X