• Dartmouth @ RPI, Sunday 3/6/22

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3

Alma Mater
    http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/...ma%20Mater.mp3
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

2021-22 Thread-Starting Statistics:

Code:
    Ralph Baer         7- 3- 2 14 points  .667
    engineerhockeyfan  5- 8- 0 10 points  .385
    DrDemento          2- 3- 1  5 points  .417
    jericho            1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    sezenack           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    fr joe             1- 4- 0  2 points  .200

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2021-22 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
    Ralph Baer        77-75-20 174 points  .506
    fr joe            50-74-14 114 points  .413
    engineerhockeyfan 43-64- 9  95 points  .409
    DrDemento         15-29- 8  38 points  .365
    Red Cloud         11- 3- 1  23 points  .767
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1  23 points  .432
    GRussinko         10-15- 2  22 points  .407
    burgie12           6- 2- 1  13 points  .722
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1  13 points  .500
    Waite21            4- 9- 2  10 points  .333
    jericho            5-17- 0  10 points  .227
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1   9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0   8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1   7 points  .438
    JCrawford          2- 1- 0   4 points  .667
    REDRocket          2- 3- 0   4 points  .400
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1   3 points  .500
    fishcore12         0- 1- 3   3 points  .375
    berbs91            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0   2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0   2 points  .500
    sezenack           1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    ServinisScores     1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0   2 points  .333
    RPI92              1- 4- 0   2 points  .200
    RKarger            0- 0- 1   1 point   .500
    redrocker          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1   1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1   1 point   .125
    RPI_2003           0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RenPI              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    rsfs04             0- 1- 0   0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0   0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 3- 0   0 points  .000
    RPI fan 4 life     0- 5- 0   0 points  .000
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well, I deleted the thread dated 3/26/22. Maybe it was a premonition that we would be playing then. :-)
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

4PM is a bit early on a Sunday for me to celebrate with some Vodka. Wait, what am I saying, it is never too early! Go Red, fill the net early so we can all stop clenching our fingers and enjoy a pleasant Sunday afternoon. All the cliches today -give 110%, leave it all out there on the ice, put the pedal to the metal, play your game, this is your time, do not fire until you see the whites of their eyes! Wait, that was a different conflict - fire any time you want! Let's Go Red!!!!!!!!!!
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          4PM is a bit early on a Sunday for me to celebrate with some Vodka. Wait, what am I saying, it is never too early! Go Red, fill the net early so we can all stop clenching our fingers and enjoy a pleasant Sunday afternoon. All the cliches today -give 110%, leave it all out there on the ice, put the pedal to the metal, play your game, this is your time, do not fire until you see the whites of their eyes! Wait, that was a different conflict - fire any time you want! Let's Go Red!!!!!!!!!!
          I don’t think I can add anymore to that. Just have this feeling that after 2 close games, this one is going to be a 4-1 or 5-1 game. I just hope and pray (that one’s for you Fr. Joe!) that we are the ones with the 4 or 5. LGR!!!

Well, I was right that we were the one with the 5. Was just wrong that it was going to be a blowout.
          Last edited by RPI fan 4 life; 03-06-2022, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post

I don’t think I can add anymore to that. Just have this feeling that after 2 close games, this one is going to be a 4-1 or 5-1 game. I just hope and pray (that one’s for you Fr. Joe!) that we are the ones with the 4 or 5. LGR!!!
            Well, as a kid I always wanted to go to Harvard - why not now!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Well, I deleted the thread dated 3/26/22. Maybe it was a premonition that we would be playing then. :-)
              Knowledge and Thoroughness always moving forward! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Well, as a kid I always wanted to go to Harvard - why not now!
                OTOH, I was very happy when my HS guidance counselor told my mother that I had no hope of getting into an Ivy. After all the required humanities courses at the BHSS requiring a lot of writing, I wanted it minimize it in college.

When my HS class started a mailing list about 2002, several people stated that the guidance counselors were trying to minimize how many places they had to forward records to.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

OTOH, I was very happy when my HS guidance counselor told my mother that I had no hope of getting into an Ivy. After all the required humanities courses at the BHSS requiring a lot of writing, I wanted it minimize it in college.

When my HS class started a mailing list about 2002, several people stated that the guidance counselors were trying to minimize how many places they had to forward records to.
                  My meaning was only in reference to next Friday and Saturday for hockey. I was accepted at 2 Ivy schools. Yale and Dartmouth (the only ones i applied to). When i took a tour at each I knew immediately I did not fit in and felt very uncomfortable. I do not regret my choice of RPI for a moment and never have for the past 59 years. Obviously I have not been happy about many of the things that have happened there and especially with the last administration. But I am counting the days to July and hopeful that we see a return to some semblance of what I held so special.

Today is going to be a really tough game. Dartmouth showed quite a belligerent and nasty side in the game yesterday that I was not expecting from them. But, I was satisfied that our boys responded well (even though the officials penalized us a bit unfairly for our response). We took some fairly mean spirited hits and one boarding call from behind perhaps deserved a bit more than a minor penalty of 2 minutes. Especially when the hit was deliver high on the back, with a leading elbow and perhaps a slight hint of leaving ones skates off the ice (not obvious).

Comment

Dr. D commented on yesterday's thread on how Watson did not let the flubbed goal bother him, and played very well the rest of the game.

Brought back a memory of one of the worst goals against I ever saw. That came in the epic game against Ken Dryden's Cornell team in 1968. An errant Cornell clearing pass went the length of the ice but was on goal. When Tom Nichol went to stop the puck for what should have been the easiest save imaginable, it ticked off the end of his stick blade and went past his skate and into the net.

Other than that, Nichol played a great game, and RPI won.

Hope Watson plays tonight the way Nichol did so many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                      Dr. D commented on yesterday's thread on how Watson did not let the flubbed goal bother him, and played very well the rest of the game.

Brought back a memory of one of the worst goals against I ever saw. That came in the epic game against Ken Dryden's Cornell team in 1968. An errant Cornell clearing pass went the length of the ice but was on goal. When Tom Nichol went to stop the puck for what should have been the easiest save imaginable, it ticked off the end of his stick blade and went past his skate and into the net.

If Watson can get the defensive support from our team coming back to help clear anything left as a rebound and if the team can manage to get the pucks out of our end more quickly (before the Dartmouth forwards come flying in to fore check, he will stop just about everything and anything. he has, in my opinion, a huge upside potential and if his confidence can build at this level, he will join a list of goalies we have had who have truly stood out. But as just about everyone knows, the goal tender position depends to a great extent upon the defense and team flow in front of him and especially upon their communication with him and each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

IIRC in that game so many years ago, another Watson scored a goal which was not allowed because it was offsides.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

My last home game as a student. Hope it's bittersweet and not just bitter

Comment

Picture!
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

As an RPI fan, i liked what DC did last night. It showed that they don't have the confidence to beat us fair and square. They had to resort to more aggressive play to throw us off our game.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                              X