Cornell Big Red @ North Dakota Fighting Hawks, Redux, 1/8/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently the UND fans have not abandoned Sioux. I hear "Lets go Sioux."
    . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

UND TO 18:25. I had thought they lost the TO when they made the unsuccessful review.

Comment

Originally posted by 40-Year Big Red Fan View Post

I may have confused last year's guidance, but yes a lot of eastern teams are cancelling games this month. Also see: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ege-Hockey.php
        Yeah, I was aware that some teams have cancelled games (for various reasons), but I don't believe they are abandoning the Pairwise this season...or at least, I have not seen that anywhere.

North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I may have confused last year's guidance, but yes a lot of eastern teams are cancelling games this month. Also see: https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ege-Hockey.php
          So far, we have played all our scheduled games, but. . .

Comment

UND TO 18:25. I had thought they lost the TO when they made the unsuccessful review.
            The refs reviewed it on their own accord.
            North Dakota

Comment

TO Cornell. 19:35 3d.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

The refs reviewed it on their own accord.
                Really I've never seen a review when no call was made that was initiated by the Refs. Cornell announcer said UND coach had requested.

Comment

FINAL: Cornell 3, UND 1.

Comment

That's the game.

Tip of the hat to Cornell. You guys fought hard last night to grab a victory from the jaws of defeat, and tonight played about as perfect of a road game as you can play. Special shout out to your presence around the net. Shane left a bunch of juicy rebounds, but the Big Red always had a player to either clear the puck out or cancel the attacking player.

Good luck the rest of the way. I'm not sure if we'll make the tournament, but it would be fun if we had a rematch come March or April. : )
                    North Dakota

Comment

Really I've never seen a review when no call was made that was initiated by the Refs. Cornell announcer said UND coach had requested.
                      Yeah, the NCHC refs (I would presume it works across all conferences, but I'm not sure) have the ability to review whether a play was a major penalty. They can't call a 2-minute minor after the review...only whether the play was a major.

FWIW, North Dakota drops to 11th in the Pairwise. Talk about a killer weekend. Going from a strong #1 seed, to barely hanging on to being a tournament team. Yuck.
                      North Dakota

Comment

3d period stats:

Shots: 31/8 UND
                        Shots on Goal:15/6 UND
                        Faceoffs: 12/7 UND
                        Power Plays: Cornell 0/0; UND 0/1
                        Blocked shots (whole game): 18/9 Cornell

Comment

Note: Cornell has now evened up its all time record against North Dakota at 5-5.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            That's the game.

Tip of the hat to Cornell. You guys fought hard last night to grab a victory from the jaws of defeat, and tonight played about as perfect of a road game as you can play. Special shout out to your presence around the net. Shane left a bunch of juicy rebounds, but the Big Red always had a player to either clear the puck out or cancel the attacking player.

Good luck the rest of the way. I'm not sure if we'll make the tournament, but it would be fun if we had a rematch come March or April. : )
                            Good Luck. As always we always root for our opponents when they aren't playing us: so good for the Pairwise.

Comment

Correction:

Cornell becomes the first non-conference team to sweep North Dakota at home since Maine in October 2006 (both teams would go onto the Frozen Four that year). Still, only the second non-conference team to pull off such a feat in the last 28 years. Again, kudos.
                              North Dakota

Comment

Is nice!
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X