Clarkson at RPI 11/6/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post

Gooood news! Today's win makes next weekend all the more important! All season the Times Union and the Gazette have all but anointed Union the Monsters of the Midway. Somehow we're tied going into the Shoes Game.
    have to wonder how this affects the play of Union. After all, had they beaten Ithaca then next week would mean everything for them. now the game means only a lot to RPI. Union's loss to Ithaca means that only RPI or Ithaca can seal the deal and get the auto bid. i suppose that spoiling that bid for RPI is enough incentive for the Dutchmen but I cannot help but feel they truly wanted to be playing for the NCAA tournament bid. We shall see. BTW, was not thrilled with much of our play today. SLU is a mid level league team this year and we allowed them to push us around quite a bit and our offense seemed to sputter all day.
    Just as an aside, SLU suited up a freshman today #78. I did not see him get into the game (i might have missed it) but on the sidelines he may have been the biggest player I have ever seen. Not sure of his height (I think perhaps 6'5" or taller but his weight is listed as 400 pounds (and he looks every pound of that if not more). Holy cow if it turns out he is still a growing boy for the next 3 years we face them!!!!!!!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Will be here for the start of the Clarkson game - just not sure for how long. On call for two local hospital ER's and things have been rather busy this weekend. Still love to do this but the number of calls for injuries and especially car accidents are getting a bit out of hand. No wonder NJ has the highest auto insurance rates!

Comment

Lines for tonight:

Addamo-Dubinsky-Walsh
        Sellar-Beaton-Lacka
        Schriefells-Linden-Mashie
        Leppanen-Lee-Gagnon
        Kjellberg-Baxter
        Sertti-Klee
        Johnson-Agnew
        Davies (no Hallbauer :-o)

Marshall

Clarkson:
        Martino-Tsekos-Romano
        Campbell-Gosselin-Santerno
        Klack-Richardson-Jacome
        Campoli-Hurley-Grannis
        Kaelbel-McFaul
        Power-Underwood
        Beck-Taylor
        Pasanen

Haider
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Thanks Jericho-little bit of a very deserved shake up. Hope it works. This team can show flashes of being extremely good but it seems that we also have some times where we just make all the wrong choices for a spell. Hopefully as the season moves along this can be corrected -there is considerable talent here and we are not an easy team to play against when we limit the errors.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post

Great that the ladies survived the penalties but the effects of those penalties linger for much of the rest of the game. Lines have to be juggled, time on ice is altered and so often the box score cannot represent all the effects of being short handed, and especially the time spent 5 on 3 defending. I did not see most of the game but from the description it would certainly be nice to know if the penalties were all deserved? if the penalties seemed to be called all one way? Only then can a team address what they are doing or not doing properly.
            Yes, indeed! I hope that the video is available somewhere, because those 9 or 10 minutes may say a lot about this team. Gritty combatants who almost pulled out a win against a top 10 team despite the refs...or an undisciplined team that blew an otherwise winnable game? Answer will probably not be that simple

Comment

Picture!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Back on the RPItv website I see.

Comment

: mad :
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Clarkson scores
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

RPI penalty Addamo
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

after 1 period

CCT 1
                        RPI 0
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Did not play all that badly but still gave up a goal. if we do not start winning face offs this will be a long evening.

Comment

I don't think they keep statistics on the number of times fanned on a good scoring opportunity, but does anyone else get the feeling that if they did, RPI would lead the league in it?

Comment

There were a few segments where we controlled the puck in the offensive zone for a decent amount of time. Have to start taking advantage of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                                I don't think they keep statistics on the number of times fanned on a good scoring opportunity, but does anyone else get the feeling that if they did, RPI would lead the league in it?
                                no doubt one of our weaknesses. Passing could be more crisp and our D-men at the points need to be able to keep pucks in the zone a bit better. But all of this can be worked on. But there is still a lot to like from what i see. Just hope they start to put this together for longer stretches of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X