Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canisius @ RPI 10-16-21 Two Wins In A Row Would Be Nice!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after 3 periods

RPI 2
    Canisius 2

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I guess our guys are going to try this 3-on-3 overtime thing until they get it right.

Hope tonight is the time they do it.

Comment

final

Canisius 3
        RPI 2

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Tough loss after controlling the puck for much of the OT. Still hate 3 on 3!!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

The older I get, the harder it is to take losses like this. We were the better team, and one really stupid penalty caused us to lose all focus. I think we would have been fine with just the five minute major. We had many good scoring chances after the penalties, but could not finish.
            Finishing has been a problem for RPI since Pirri and D'Amato left. That is a long time ago.
            On to Vermont.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Tough loss after controlling the puck for much of the OT. Still hate 3 on 3!!
              I hate it too! To me it's really no better than a shootout. Because there's so much open ice, one team has control of the puck and skates around with it, often back into their own zone, until they get an open one on one shot with the goalie. It takes a game played by rugged, aggressive participants and decides it with a skating exhibition. Four on four I might find satisfactory, but 3 on 3 is far too different.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

I hate it too! To me it's really no better than a shootout. Because there's so much open ice, one team has control of the puck and skates around with it, often back into their own zone, until they get an open one on one shot with the goalie. It takes a game played by rugged, aggressive participants and decides it with a skating exhibition. Four on four I might find satisfactory, but 3 on 3 is far too different.
                As I said on the main thread, the fact that the NCAA gives .55 wins to the winner and .45 wins to the loser makes it little different than a tie which is, of course, .5 wins to each team. So they don't regard it as significant.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                X