RPI @ Dartmouth 2/29/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI @ Dartmouth 2/29/2020

For historical interest - Dartmouth and Harvard became travel partners in 2005-2006.

This is the first time RPI has ever swept both of them on the road in the same weekend.

Edit - Looking farther back, I see I have to revise the above statement. This is the first time RPI has swept both of them on the road since Vermont left the ECAC for Hockey East.

For a number of years, Dartmouth and UVM were travel partners, but prior to Union's entry into the ECAC, RPI and UVM were travel partners and Dartmouth was paired with Harvard.

RPI did beat both Dartmouth and Harvard on the road in the same weekend in 1984-85.
    Last edited by Waite21; 02-29-2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Cloninger RPI 96 View Post
      Probably, but don't they re-seed if there's an upset? Or is it a straight bracket? I forget the rules.
      They so reseed. So the 4th seed gets the best team which wins the first round, which will be Harvard if they win. Of course because it is Harvard, that is far from guaranteed.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        They so reseed. So the 4th seed gets the best team which wins the first round, which will be Harvard if they win. Of course because it is Harvard, that is far from guaranteed.
        And if for some reason SLU pulls off the upset, then it would be, in order: Dartmouth, Yale then Colgate.

So first round playoff series are set. Harvard- SLU, Dartmouth- Princeton, Yale- Union, Colgate- Brown.

Comment

Was out all evening but got to watch about 2/3 of the game at friends. We did not look great but we looked good enough to win by 3 goals in a place we usually do not win by any. Other than the miserable weekend at Western Michigan, since that last second win against Brown we have been a very good road team and a very good home team. For once in a long time we were a team that came together as the season went on and we are a far better team now than at any time during the year. Getting a bye is a new experience for all of these boys and for most of us something we have not seen in a long time and are not used to. They won it themselves, they did not back into it, and they deserve it. Hope they make the most of the time off to rest, practice, stay sharp and heal whatever ails anyone.
          I would be very surprised in two weeks to be facing anyone but Harvard and suspect coach Smith will have this team primed and ready. Having just faced them there should not be much of a surprise from them. We can hope but it is unlikely, that they have a brutally tough series against SLU with lots of physical play and perhaps need 3 games to get through it.
          Lets Go Red!!!!!!!!!!!! And EHF please remember to start the thread in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
            And if for some reason SLU pulls off the upset, then it would be, in order: Dartmouth, Yale then Colgate.

So first round playoff series are set. Harvard- SLU, Dartmouth- Princeton, Yale- Union, Colgate- Brown.
            For the last several years, it seems to me that the top four regular season finishers have been over-represented by the Ivies... this year, it's just Cornell.
            Good! Time for a change!

Comment

Clarkson limped home this weekend, giving up a tying goal to Colgate at 19:57 of the 3rd on Friday and getting suffocated by Cornell on Saturday.

From early January thru mid February, Clarkson was a very respectable 10-3. In these last two ECAC weekends when they were fighting for the #1 seed against Cornell, they were 1-2-1.

They might really appreciate the week off.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
                Yeah, nice to see you guys. GRuss, come look for me during the first intermission. You'll see me. I stick out like a sore thumb up here.
                Sorry I missed you yesterday - by the end of pregame the wifi in the rink cut out and the cell signal was so poor I couldn't get anything to load so didn't see your reply until this morning.

Didn't remember cell service being that bad, as I know I've live tweeted games from Thompson before but it wasn't happening last night.
                APBWiki

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Saw the last 15 minutes of the open practice today.
                    Met some other fans.
                    Nice to see some parents with some young children there.
                    Picked up my ticket for Friday's game. (Saturday is for looking in on my folks... wait and see how my schedule works out.)

Comment

Where do you guys watch live hockey, there are numerous numbers of spammy sites that i have to visit before finally finding a proper site and sometimes have to use vpn to open it.

Comment

You'll have to wait a while for the next live webcast, but RPI home hockey games are streamed live, free of charge, on www.rpitv.org.

The quality of the productions is usually quite good, although there were times this past season when somebody forgot to turn on the audio at the start of a period.

Comment

• A great looking website design can do wonders to make online business successful on the internet.I am impressed with your creativity.Keep it up.Thanks for providing useful information with us
                          Digital Marketing Training in Chennai

Comment

Working...
                          X