Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mankato vs. UW - Saturday Nov 24

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
    I was season ticket holder (Saturday night) when I was in grad school a few years ago (can you guess when, based on my signature, below?) I posted a message to you on the Friday score thread.
    you were in grad school and got to see the Johannson's, Chelios and Driver? Badger Bob? I envy that experience! that had to be great times!
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      you were in grad school and got to see the Johannson's, Chelios and Driver? Badger Bob? I envy that experience! that had to be great times!
      Oh, yes! What an atmosphere at the Dane County Colosseum! (Remember, Wisconsin sucked at all sports except hockey in the up to and including the early 80's) Felt a bit old when Chris Chelios retired a few years ago...... I saw the transition from Johnson to Sauer (and Sauer winning the NCAA's with Bob's team). Saw Mike Richter play my final year at Madison. After moving to Utica College as a professor, I saw Wisconsin lose the 2nd game of a 3 game series (they also lost the 1st game) at Clarkson back when the 1st round was played at the higher seeds rinks. (And when they call a rink a "barn," Clarkson's rink was the model....that game was the last one played on that ice.) Saw them twice at Albany, once in regional play and then both games the year they finished 2nd. I have not been back to Madison since the Kohl center was built.
      2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
      2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
      2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
      2009 D-III TOP runner-up
      Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
      1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
        Oh, yes! What an atmosphere at the Dane County Colosseum! (Remember, Wisconsin sucked at all sports except hockey in the up to and including the early 80's) Felt a bit old when Chris Chelios retired a few years ago...... I saw the transition from Johnson to Sauer (and Sauer winning the NCAA's with Bob's team). Saw Mike Richter play my final year at Madison. After moving to Utica College as a professor, I saw Wisconsin lose the 2nd game of a 3 game series (they also lost the 1st game) at Clarkson back when the 1st round was played at the higher seeds rinks. (And when they call a rink a "barn," Clarkson's rink was the model....that game was the last one played on that ice.) Saw them twice at Albany, once in regional play and then both games the year they finished 2nd. I have not been back to Madison since the Kohl center was built.
        you have some great memories to cherish that's for sure! if there was an absolute zenith for UW hockey I'd have to say 81-83 would have been it if you really had to choose 3-4 years to describe or illustrate your programs history and dominance. though I didn't arrive w/my Dad until 1984 I know from reading and from watching those players in the NHL that had to be amazing.

and given they were IT on campus and that Sports Illustrated described the Great Dane as the Montreal Forum of NCAA Hockey? can't ask for more...and then there's Badger Bob.

well tell me...were you at the Water Bottle game then?

...and I think back now

NCAA Champions
        1980 Nodak defeats ??
        1981 Wisconsin defeats Minnesota
        1982 Nodak defeats Wisconsin
        1983 Wisconsin beats Harvard

just a classic!
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

well tell me...were you at the Water Bottle game then?
          Yes, I was (if we are talking about the same game, where a Wisconsin player squirted a water bottle into the opposing teams bench, causing quite a ruckus, to be sure). To be honest, I don't remember the player's name who started that. He was one of these "next sure NHL stars" who played for two years, but never quite became a NHL star. At the time we called it the "Squirt" game. What a brew-ha-ha that was!
          2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
          2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
          2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up
          Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
          1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Working...
          X