AIC visits RPI, 1/10/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIC visits RPI, 1/10/12

A rare Tuesday night game in Troy... let's pick up the win on home ice. GO RED!
    Here we come!

Re: AIC visits RPI, 1/10/12

2011-12 Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         2- 3- 0  4 points  .400
    fr joe             1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    engineerhockeyfan  0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    GRussinko          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jericho            0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    NYhockeyguy        0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    DrDemento          0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

Cumulative 2003-4 - 2011-12 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    fr joe            26-28- 7 59 points  .484
    Ralph Baer        21-26- 8 50 points  .455
    engineerhockeyfan 15-19- 4 34 points  .447
    hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    GRussinko          7-14- 1 15 points  .341
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    DrDemento          3-13- 3  9 points  .239
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    burgie12           3- 1- 0  6 points  .750
    jericho            3- 7- 0  6 points  .300
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    REDRocket          1- 3- 0  2 points  .250
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-10-2012, 12:07 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hopefully we started to turn things around a little this past weekend-let's keep it going in Troy tonight and for the weekend coming up. Go Red!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

This is a must win for us tonight.
        We finally showed some progress this weekend, and now we are playing a team that we should beat. Losing to AIC will kill any confidence we attained this weekend.
        And a loss of confidence at this late stage in the season would be a killer.
        As I said in another thread, this is a no win situation for us. However, a blow out win, could give us some momentum going into the ECAC games coming up.

Lets go red!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

If losing to Army a couple of weeks ago didn't totally destroy RPI's confidence for the rest of the season, I'm not sure that losing to AIC would have any worse effect.

That said, I certainly hope that, when all is done tonight, RPI will have defeated AIC and we will not have to worry about what effect losing to them would have had on our guys' psyches.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
            If losing to Army a couple of weeks ago didn't totally destroy RPI's confidence for the rest of the season, I'm not sure that losing to AIC would have any worse effect.
            Losing to Army came a night after they'd just gotten destroyed and played poorly, not two nights removed from a decent weekend of obvious improvement.

Plus AIC is worse.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

AGREE!! I'm hoping that SA shake things up and players step it up. Shake up the lines...shake up the goalie. Put Diebold in!! Let's try a different strategy.
              GOOD LUCK TO SA and LET"S WIN TONIGHT! We Need a Win!

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Hopefully we started to turn things around a little this past weekend-let's keep it going in Troy tonight and for the weekend coming up. Go Red!

Comment

RPI's lines are up:

All four forward lines are jumbled, with Burgdoerfer dressing as a 13th forward:
                Lee/Higgs/Schroeder
                Neal/McGowan/Haggerty
                Laliberte/O'Grady/Tinordi
                Cullen/Malchuk/Rabbani
                Burgdoerfer

Going with only five defensemen tonight:
                Leonard/Bergin
                Leboeuf/Bailen
                Koudys

Merriam gets the start in the net.

Tonight's officials (from RPI's game notes) are Alex Dell and Peter Feola, with Matt Brady and Mike Emanatian as linesmen.

Comment

RPI lines are out http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...IC.pdf?id=1182 not quick enough
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                    RPI's lines are up:

All four forward lines are jumbled, with Burgdoerfer dressing as a 13th forward:
                    Lee/Higgs/Schroeder
                    Neal/McGowan/Haggerty
                    Laliberte/O'Grady/Tinordi
                    Cullen/Malchuk/Rabbani
                    Burgdoerfer

Going with only five defensemen tonight:
                    Leonard/Bergin
                    Leboeuf/Bailen
                    Koudys

Merriam gets the start in the net.

Tonight's officials (from RPI's game notes) are Alex Dell and Peter Feola, with Matt Brady and Mike Emanatian as linesmen.
                    scratches: Angers-Goulet, Smith, Rogic, Curadi, and Dolan. AAG is a bit of a surprise.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      scratches: Angers-Goulet, Smith, Rogic, Curadi, and Dolan. AAG is a bit of a surprise.
                      Based upon absolutely, nothing - I'm guessing that the illness that hit Haggerty and Curadi is making it's rounds....

BUT- that aside, what do people think about the new lines?? I know there was some discussion last week about how well a couple of the lines played... Haggery's and Tinordi's if I recall. Looks like maybe SA is taking the opportubity to see what else may work going into the meat of the ECAC schedule for RPI?? Should be interesting...

Comment

SA's pre-game take....http://www.rpiathletics.com/index.as...ey&path=hockey
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          Interesting comments from Seth - Especially the not connecting part... BUT at some point, the guys on the ice have to take responsibility that they're not getting the job done - for what ever reason. I hope that a third game of consistent, 60 minute play tonight foreshadows things to come the 2nd half of the season. I'm really interested in seeing how the new lines click, if they do. Wish RPITV was allowed to carry some of these types of games, since I won't be able to get out there in time after work tonight... WRPI and USCHO for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckfan90 View Post
                            Based upon absolutely, nothing - I'm guessing that the illness that hit Haggerty and Curadi is making it's rounds....

BUT- that aside, what do people think about the new lines?? I know there was some discussion last week about how well a couple of the lines played... Haggery's and Tinordi's if I recall. Looks like maybe SA is taking the opportubity to see what else may work going into the meat of the ECAC schedule for RPI?? Should be interesting...
                            If SA is going to experiment this late in the season, then this is the game to do it. I just felt we had the best offensive show last friday night against Dartmouth-I would have liked to see that set of lines play again just to see if it was a one time event or not. Never been a big fan of playing only 5 defensemen-one injury or major penalty and things can get a bit touchy. Hope we can get off to a good start and not let this opponent hang around since late in games Mr. Dell can make some very unusual calls.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              If SA is going to experiment this late in the season, then this is the game to do it. I just felt we had the best offensive show last friday night against Dartmouth-I would have liked to see that set of lines play again just to see if it was a one time event or not. Never been a big fan of playing only 5 defensemen-one injury or major penalty and things can get a bit touchy. Hope we can get off to a good start and not let this opponent hang around since late in games Mr. Dell can make some very unusual calls.
                              Yeah, I wasn't sure how to take the new lines... Agree that this is the type of game you would do it on (although I would have started Diebold too...), but on the other hand, by this time in the season, between games and practice he should have a pretty good idea who's clicking with who... I wonder how much sickness is impacting things - There IS an awful bug going around - OR if he's still searching for something to turn the season around. I hope Kurt can provide some insight into how the boys are looking tonight with the new lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X