Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: N_c_h_a (009'-010' A.d.)

Originally posted by Collegeman View Post
    Well a third of the way thru the seaon just before holiday brea and with Norbert losing and CSS doing well, and Superior overcoming a bad start the race is tightening up. After next weekend those two go at it and that will really shape up the race. If CSS sweeps that could secure a race between Norbert, CSS and River Falls. Not sure how much better the Green Knights can improve but I do think RF youth will make strides and CSS as well but not sure if CSS can make huge gains, haven`t watched then yet. Stevens Pointe and Eau Claire could be spoilers if top teams take them litely on a weekend after holiday break.
    Thanks for allowing EC to have the “Spoiler Role”. EC’s the Rodney Dangerfield of the NCHA, no respect. I know EC has to win to earn it, but since everyone is going by past history and not the current season I wanted to give people one more team to talk about. Currently EC is tied with Superior, only 1.5 games back of CSS and 1 game back of RF and Stout. They are coming off of a weekend where they held one of the most explosive lines in DIII hockey to just 1 point (Motz 1 assist, Gaulrapp 1 assist both on the same goal) during 125 minutes of hockey. Granted EC has had a couple of stinkers early but who hasn't? EC just needs to keep progressing every week like they have been and they will be just fine. So I wouldn’t put EC in the “Spoiler Role” as of right now.
    Last edited by Blugold Hockey; 12-06-2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blugold Hockey View Post
      They are coming off of a weekend where they held one of the most explosive lines in DIII hockey to just 1 point (Motz 1 assist, Gaulrapp 1 assist both on the same goal) during 125 minutes of hockey. .
      Not exactly sure where you getting "most explosive lines in D3 hockey" Gaulrapp currently is tied for 88th in points per game in the country, Motz isn't in the top 100. No one on stout is in the top 100 for goals scored and Gaulrapp is tied for 77th in assists.

talking about looking in the past. Stout is not asgood as they have been in the past...neither is Superior IMO. Eau Claires problem is that they don't beat the teams(except the one win over stout--who had a long lonely bus ride back from new england this week.) They lose and tie and lose to bad teams like marian and lawrence
      UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
      NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
      Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
        Not exactly sure where you getting "most explosive lines in D3 hockey" Gaulrapp currently is tied for 88th in points per game in the country, Motz isn't in the top 100. No one on stout is in the top 100 for goals scored and Gaulrapp is tied for 77th in assists.

talking about looking in the past. Stout is not asgood as they have been in the past...neither is Superior IMO. Eau Claires problem is that they don't beat the teams(except the one win over stout--who had a long lonely bus ride back from new england this week.) They lose and tie and lose to bad teams like marian and lawrence
        Maybe a bit too generous saying the most explosive, but they are still one of the most dangerous lines around. Like I said we've had our stinkers too (insert MCHA games here), but we've had our good games since the opening weekend too (insert Gustavus & Augsburg here). My main point is that it's way to early to put EC into the spoiler category.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
          http://www.collegehockeystats.net/09...s/mwspwsr1.d05
          Two Pointer and Jacket players each, will miss next Friday's NCHA game due to their post game tussle last night!!!!!
          This is the kind of game that should be a Hardcore Championship match.

Originally posted by Blugold Hockey
          Thanks for allowing EC to have the “Spoiler Role”. EC’s the Rodney Dangerfield of the NCHA, no respect. I know EC has to win to earn it, but since everyone is going by past history and not the current season I wanted to give people one more team to talk about. Currently EC is tied with Superior, only 1.5 games back of CSS and 1 game back of RF and Stout. They are coming off of a weekend where they held one of the most explosive lines in DIII hockey to just 1 point (Motz 1 assist, Gaulrapp 1 assist both on the same goal) during 125 minutes of hockey. Granted EC has had a couple of stinkers early but who hasn't? EC just needs to keep progressing every week like they have been and they will be just fine. So I wouldn’t put EC in the “Spoiler Role” as of right now.
          The thing about EC is they don't score goals (last in the NCHA). However, they also give up the fewest goals in the league. That's why I wouldn't really give call them spoilers. I look at them more like a team that has trouble winning but has no trouble making it hard for their opponents to score or get comfortable in a game. Coaches know this, and players probably do as well, so I would wager that nobody looks at EC as a pushover, but a team they should beat nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
            http://www.collegehockeystats.net/09...s/mwspwsr1.d05
            Two Pointer and Jacket players each, will miss next Friday's NCHA game due to their post game tussle last night!!!!!
            Those are a couple key players for UWS too. Yikes
            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

word on the street is.... uws goalie, jim patterson has quit the team. this is only a rumor!
              The U.P. should be the 27th star on Old Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by walktheline View Post
                word on the street is.... uws goalie, jim patterson has quit the team. this is only a rumor!
                Does this mean that UWS only has four or five goalies left on the roster?
                SNC: 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  The thing about EC is they don't score goals (last in the NCHA). However, they also give up the fewest goals in the league. That's why I wouldn't really give call them spoilers. I look at them more like a team that has trouble winning but has no trouble making it hard for their opponents to score or get comfortable in a game. Coaches know this, and players probably do as well, so I would wager that nobody looks at EC as a pushover, but a team they should beat nonetheless.
                  This is a very good description of Eau Claire. On any given night the Blugolds are far from 2 easy points, but they just don't score enough to be a legit contender over the course of an 18 game NCHA schedule. Frustrating teams into 1-1 ties earn you respect as a scrappy team but don't elevate you into contender status.

St. Sholastica actually frustrates teams in a very similar fashion. They don't make many mistakes and get a piece of equipment on a ton of shots and passes. They just have a little bit more offensive talent than Eau Claire and gives them an opportunity to be in the upper half of the league. Their goals against is similar but the extra goal or so a game they score gets them a tie in that 2-2 game when Eau Claire loses the same game 2-1 or they squeak out that 4-3 win when Eau Claire has to settle for a 3-3 tie despite a high offensive output night by their standards.
                  Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                  2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                  2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                  Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by Toe Blake's Brother View Post
                    Does this mean that UWS only has four or five goalies left on the roster?

down to 3.

Comment

• Re: N_c_h_a (009'-010' A.d.)

Some thoughts about this weekend's series at CSS v. UWS.

CSS was clearly the better team this weekend. Probably the best two games I've ever seen them play back-to-back. They were the better team on the ice and they continued to work hard every shift, every period both nights. UWS came out flat-footed Friday and payed for it. They played better in the 2nd and 3rd and got a few breaks to score 3 in the game, but were down 6-1 at one point and this game was never really close.

Saturday, the Saints capitalized on Jacket miscues, which resulted in the first 2 goals. Chong has really improved his game since last year, most notably his speed. Dalbec for Superior got a piece of each of the Saints goals and probably all of them should have been saves. Also, the official shot count of 29-18 is one I don't believe. I'll give UWS 20, maybe, at the very most. CSS blocked tons of shots, frustrating Superior the entire game. The Jackets had at least 2 very good scoring chances, but missed the net entirely on both. Offensively, the Saints had a lot of scoring chances, but didn't pour on the shots. UWS did a fair job of stopping one-timer passes and blue line shots.

All in all, I was very impressed with CSS, and UWS is a far cry from where they were last year. Not bad, but if you can't come out with good intensity against your biggest rival, something's not right. CSS played the most complete two games I've ever witnessed of them, so that probably made Superior look a little worse.

Comment

Once again word on the street Patterson told the coaching staff he has already been the backup goalie and if he's not the starter he want's to play somewhere where he can start.Also Rosette is currently nicked up so for the present they are down to 2
                        The West is the Best: Jim Morrison and the Doors from The End

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          Some thoughts about this weekend's series at CSS v. UWS.

CSS was clearly the better team this weekend. Probably the best two games I've ever seen them play back-to-back. They were the better team on the ice and they continued to work hard every shift, every period both nights. UWS came out flat-footed Friday and payed for it. They played better in the 2nd and 3rd and got a few breaks to score 3 in the game, but were down 6-1 at one point and this game was never really close.

Saturday, the Saints capitalized on Jacket miscues, which resulted in the first 2 goals. Chong has really improved his game since last year, most notably his speed. Dalbec for Superior got a piece of each of the Saints goals and probably all of them should have been saves. Also, the official shot count of 29-18 is one I don't believe. I'll give UWS 20, maybe, at the very most. CSS blocked tons of shots, frustrating Superior the entire game. The Jackets had at least 2 very good scoring chances, but missed the net entirely on both. Offensively, the Saints had a lot of scoring chances, but didn't pour on the shots. UWS did a fair job of stopping one-timer passes and blue line shots.

All in all, I was very impressed with CSS, and UWS is a far cry from where they were last year. Not bad, but if you can't come out with good intensity against your biggest rival, something's not right. CSS played the most complete two games I've ever witnessed of them, so that probably made Superior look a little worse.
                          I agree sir. Jackets played hard, but that's not enough. could NOT score anything anywhere.

Comment

(UW-EC @ UW-SP) I'll give the nod to the blugolds, taking all 4 points.
                            Yep.
                            D-III Rinks Map

"Who is that Viking up there?!" -Adrian Bench

SNC Fan: "Do you have many problems at the games?"
                            Security Guard: "No, only when Point plays here."

Comment

Working...
                            X