Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Threads we shall never see....D-III edition

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Personally I don't mind it. But, that's because I've only been here at Norwich for half a season and I bring an outsider's perspective in salvating at the chance that there could be more ECAC West/SUNYAC teams playing ECAC East/NESCAC teams.

Will there be a dramatic change? Probably not. But it certainly can't hurt scheduling purposes IMHO. Norwich has an extra game to play with now every year and I'm sure a lot of other teams have some holes to fill on their schedule too.

This will also help strengthen the intra-conference rivalries I feel. NEC, Babson, Castleton games should take on that much more meaning.

The Norwich @ Castleton game is setting up to be a gong show later this year if both teams keep this up.
    The number of NC games isn't going to change unless Midd goes away from the schedule and that would really p*** me off. I could envision the hockey rivalry going the way of the football rivalry. NU/Midd is THE game, and if we don't get AT LEAST one Midd game every year instead of AT MOST (based on the Primelink schedule) we will have tossed a lot of history out with the trash.

There is just a history of great games with Williams, Colby, Amherst, Trinity, Bowdoin and Hamilton. As far as Tufts, Wesleyan and Conn College, I don't really care. I do hear that the latter three were among the ringleaders.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      The number of NC games isn't going to change unless Midd goes away from the schedule and that would really p*** me off. I could envision the hockey rivalry going the way of the football rivalry. NU/Midd is THE game, and if we don't get AT LEAST one Midd game every year instead of AT MOST (based on the Primelink schedule) we will have tossed a lot of history out with the trash.

There is just a history of great games with Williams, Colby, Amherst, Trinity, Bowdoin and Hamilton. As far as Tufts, Wesleyan and Conn College, I don't really care. I do hear that the latter three were among the ringleaders.
      There is one extra game. We played Castleton twice this year (one non-conference) and we will have two league games against them next year. I doubt coach puts a third game with them on the schedule. Just doesn't make much sense.

We have 18 league games with two coming against each of the nine other teams. (This is also with the fact the D-II schools have two years to get their hockey teams D-III status or they are out)

We have two games from the Primelink and NSB Tourney giving us 22.

Two non-league games, one against Middlebury and one against Plattsburgh gives us 24.

You're allotted 25 games, which leaves us one extra .

The Dartmouth game will not count against the limit next year as far as my understanding goes.

18 League
      2 Primelink
      2 NSB Tourney
      1 Middlebury
      1 Plattsburgh

24 games.

It's anybody's guess who the final game is.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

There is one extra game. We played Castleton twice this year (one non-conference) and we will have two league games against them next year. I doubt coach puts a third game with them on the schedule. Just doesn't make much sense.

We have 18 league games with two coming against each of the nine other teams. (This is also with the fact the D-II schools have two years to get their hockey teams D-III status or they are out)

We have two games from the Primelink and NSB Tourney giving us 22.

Two non-league games, one against Middlebury and one against Plattsburgh gives us 24.

You're allotted 25 games, which leaves us one extra .

The Dartmouth game will not count against the limit next year as far as my understanding goes.

18 League
        2 Primelink
        2 NSB Tourney
        1 Middlebury
        1 Plattsburgh

24 games.

It's anybody's guess who the final game is.
        If we maintain our rivalry with Middlebury, we will only have one game left to schedule just like before - old schedule 19 league games including Midd, new schedule 18 league games not including Midd. Add Midd back in and we are back to where we started. If the DII's go away, then things change.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          If we maintain our rivalry with Middlebury, we will only have one game left to schedule just like before - old schedule 19 league games including Midd, new schedule 18 league games not including Midd. Add Midd back in and we are back to where we started. If the DII's go away, then things change.
          Yes but there is still an extra game that isn't committed to castleton anymore. We have an extra game that we can schedule against anyone.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            Norwich vs. NESCAC The series continue- I'm still ripped about this
            Not to happy about it either. My first year was 1997 and it's pretty much the only thing I have know. Plus USM seems to have more luck against the NESCAC. Also, if Tufts was a ringleader than it's pretty hypocrital as I am pretty sure they were part of the ECAC NE for a while. Sorry for spelling it's hard to type a long message on my phone.
            Last edited by hockeyfan77; 01-09-2011, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Yes but there is still an extra game that isn't committed to castleton anymore. We have an extra game that we can schedule against anyone.
              We've always had that one extra game. In recent years we used it against ECAC NE teams (or NE 10 teams), except this year we spent it on Castleton. Memorable choices were ex games against Curry and SNHU, we've also used it to schedule games against Wentworth. Just that one random extra game is what we had since St. M's went into the ECAC E and Tufts went into the NESCAC.

Comment

I will miss the road trip games to Maine, as many true Norwich fans made that trip and did some shopping in Freeport along the way,or stop at the brew pubs in Portland before the Southern Maine games. Now those where the fun and rememberable times.Plus the trip down I-91 to Amherst where Norwich fans always out numbered the Amherst faithful.The one trip I will not miss is driving back home from Hamaliton on those long dark roads in New York.Now look at it this way our travel milage has dropped a bit as we don,t have the trips down to Connecticut for Trinity,Wesleyan then Conn college with a lop around to Tufts college through Boston.Plus the 2 1/2 hour trip down and back to Williams.But the longest trip of all was down to Amherst then out to Hamaliton, what a long weekend that made it.I bet the Norwich bus milage well be shorter by 1000 miles next year.

Comment

Originally posted by NU 10 View Post
                  I will miss the road trip games to Maine, as many true Norwich fans made that trip and did some shopping in Freeport along the way,or stop at the brew pubs in Portland before the Southern Maine games. Now those where the fun and rememberable times.Plus the trip down I-91 to Amherst where Norwich fans always out numbered the Amherst faithful.The one trip I will not miss is driving back home from Hamaliton on those long dark roads in New York.Now look at it this way our travel milage has dropped a bit as we don,t have the trips down to Connecticut for Trinity,Wesleyan then Conn college with a lop around to Tufts college through Boston.Plus the 2 1/2 hour trip down and back to Williams.But the longest trip of all was down to Amherst then out to Hamaliton, what a long weekend that made it.I bet the Norwich bus milage well be shorter by 1000 miles next year.
                  Great points.
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

NU 10. I am pretty sure USM is still going to be in the East next year. Portland should still be a go .

Comment

Yea you are right,I got caught up in the moment thinking about those 20 oz brews and caught a buss off from it.I guess you know what road trip I,m looking forward to next year.

Comment

Las Vegas Presents The Land Rover D3 Frozen Four Sponsored By Patron Featuring the Rick's Cabaret National Championship Trophy Brought To You By Jreks Subs.... Never.
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by MCullen View Post
                          "D-III Championship game to be held in Texas"
                          Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but...

Sadly, if this DI/DIII combined championship format goes through (which it appears will happen), this could theoretically happen...
                          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Phooey! That's just plain wrong

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                              Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but...

Sadly, if this DI/DIII combined championship format goes through (which it appears will happen), this could theoretically happen...
                              Oswego alum Rob Lippolis is currently the Director of Broadcasting/Media Relations for the Corpus Christi IceRays, so at least there would be ONE person in Tejas who would be knowledgable and excited about D3 hockey - Yee-Haw!!!
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Working...
                              X