8.River Falls
    9.Adrian
    10.Geneseo
    11.Plattsburgh
    12.Williams
    13.Amherst
    14.Hamline
    15.Elmira

There is absolutely no reason for Plattsburgh to be ranked above Geneseo. However, I 96% guarantee that Plattsburgh will still be ranked higher than the Ice Knights.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: New Poll Predictions for 11/1

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    1.Norwich
    2.Oswego
    3.St. Norbert
    4.Middlebury
    5.Manhattanville
    6.Bowdoin
    7.Gustavus Adolphus
    8.River Falls
    9.Adrian
    10.Geneseo
    11.Plattsburgh
    12.Williams
    13.Amherst
    14.Hamline
    15.Elmira

There is absolutely no reason for Plattsburgh to be ranked above Geneseo. However, I 96% guarantee that Plattsburgh will still be ranked higher than the Ice Knights.
    I wouldn't say "no reason." When I voted in this thing, I would be willing to overlook some early season results if they didn't conform to my (well-researched) preseason rankings. It's still a small sample size. That being said, I do think the Ice Knights belong above the Cardinals right now.

And is there even a poll this week? Don't they usually hold off until the interlock* teams start up?

* Even after the interlock is gone, I will still be calling those leagues the interlock. Just warning people now because I will likely not be the only one.
    2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
    2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
    2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
    Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Carey View Post
      I wouldn't say "no reason." When I voted in this thing, I would be willing to overlook some early season results if they didn't conform to my (well-researched) preseason rankings. It's still a small sample size. That being said, I do think the Ice Knights belong above the Cardinals right now.

And is there even a poll this week? Don't they usually hold off until the interlock* teams start up?

* Even after the interlock is gone, I will still be calling those leagues the interlock. Just warning people now because I will likely not be the only one.
      Josh while I agree every team has a bad game...Geneseo took to Plattsburgh to the woodshed and then some. They are 3-0-1 with a win over Plattsburgh and Neumann with a tie to Neumann as well.

3-0-1 with a head to head beat down of another team in the poll should put you ahead of that team.

You might be correct about there not being a poll this week. That's something one of the USCHO D-III men's writers would have to answer since they are the ones that get the emails for a ballot.

I got an email this week about the D-III women's preseason poll coming out this week.
      GO LAKERS!!!
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Josh while I agree every team has a bad game...Geneseo took to Plattsburgh to the woodshed and then some. They are 3-0-1 with a win over Plattsburgh and Neumann with a tie to Neumann as well.

3-0-1 with a head to head beat down of another team in the poll should put you ahead of that team.

You might be correct about there not being a poll this week. That's something one of the USCHO D-III men's writers would have to answer since they are the ones that get the emails for a ballot.

I got an email this week about the D-III women's preseason poll coming out this week.
        Derek, check my post again. I agree that Geneseo should be above Plattsburgh. I was just pointing out that this early in the season, you could justify putting a team above another they had lost to (i.e. not "no reason")
        2010 D-III NCAA Tournament Pick'em Champion (Perfect Bracket)
        2008-09 USCHO MIAC Correspondent
        2007-09 WGSU Geneseo Play-by-play announcer
        Bracketologist For That Other Site

Comment

There is no DIII men's poll this week on USCHO. The usual weekly fun will start on Nov. 8th.
          Scott Biggar
          WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
          Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

Booooo....I was really looking forward to seeing where they would rank Geneseo/Plattsburgh.

Now its all moot. Plattsburgh will have played Oswego and if they win/lose/tie/play a good game etc., they will be a top 5 team again most likely.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
            X