No, we're here.

And don't you start. You know better.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Re: The Completely Unofficial Pre-Pre-Season Polls - 2010-2011 Edition

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Adrian is unofficial.
      As is, apparently, NU's tracking of your web surfing during work hours.
      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
        MILKAWHAT?!!?
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
          For all we know, it's part of his job description. Charlie?????
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

1. Norwich
            2. St. Norbert
            3. Plattsburgh
            4. Oswego
            5. Middlebury
            6. Adrian
            7. Elmira
            8. St. Scholastica
            9. Gustavus Adolphus
            10. Manhattanville

Final Four teams:

SNC, CSS, Norwich, Plattsburgh

Comment

I just can't see how people seem to think that plattsburgh is deserving of a higher ranking than Oswego. After we downright shellacked them in all the games at the campus centrelast season, and beat them handily at their own barn, after our evidently superior recruiting class [granted we lost 2 seriously talented players] can anyone explain the rationale??

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGuy_11 View Post
                I just can't see how people seem to think that plattsburgh is deserving of a higher ranking than Oswego. After we downright shellacked them in all the games at the campus centrelast season, and beat them handily at their own barn, after our evidently superior recruiting class [granted we lost 2 seriously talented players] can anyone explain the rationale??
                Longevity. A team's reputation in the early polls is influenced by how long you've been good. If two programs are close, the one with the better long-term reputation gets the advantage.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I suppose...but barring that. I still think that Oz is the better team this year. I've been following these forums for a while so I know better then to open up that pandoras box. But all that aside I'm pumped to see the head to head match ups again this year.

Comment

-Plattsburgh has 2 good goaltenders, Oswego only has one.

-Selleck, Lyon, Musselwhite, Dormo, KGT all gone.

-Historically Plattsburgh has beaten Oswego year in and year out. Last year wasn't necessarily a fluke, but with how Plattsburgh has been a consistent NCAA tournament participant, I'll put them over Oswego until games start.

After watching Plattsburgh taking it to teams before last year, I'm not confident enough in Oswego to put them above Platty in the beginning.

Comment

1. Norwich
                      2. SNC
                      3. Adrian
                      4. Oswego
                      5. Middlebury
                      6. Platty
                      7. CSS
                      8. Hamline
                      9. Elmira
                      10. River Falls

A little Western Flavor!

Westscout

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        Longevity. A team's reputation in the early polls is influenced by how long you've been good. If two programs are close, the one with the better long-term reputation gets the advantage.
                        What Prof said.

AND... Oswego loses KGT, Musselwhite, and Selleck (among others), whereas Plattsburgh graduated only 3, none were "stars" that will seriously cripple the team. Sure, Lags and Fox, and Whitelaw, et al. are returning. But can you seriously tell me that the numbers of those players weren't seriously padded by the presence of Selleck on the ice?

Goaltending in Plattsburgh started to sort itself out at the end of last season, and should be the last of the Cardinals' worries this season. Oswego is left with a starter named Beckwith who doesn't seem to have much luck in stay game-fit for a whole season. Oswego's core is gone, for the second time since their 07 championship. Plattsburgh's core is still there.

And if you're referring to THIS year's recruiting class, nothing there seems to scream "Oswego's is clearly better". Their each better than the other in different respects, and that reflects the differing coaching philosphies of the 2 schools. Sure, Oswego has a lot more guys with high numbers, but Plattsburgh has a lot of guys who contributed as team players to some successful (and soem not-so-successful) teams this year. None more so than Jensen, who put up .796 pts/game in the NAHL championship team. And please don't give me the "2 DI transfers" argument. Not all DI transfers work out so well. In fact, believe Oswego has a rather poor track record in that department (the most recent of which being Tim "Midol-man" Potter).

If you asked me, I'd say they're about even this year. Which fits in very nicely with the postseason last year, in which both lost hard-fought semifinals. Oswego may have gotten the SUNYAC sweep on Plattsburgh, and I will concede that they were the superior team last year... but neither made it further in the NCAAs than the other.

So, I would like to add on to what Prof said by saying: When two teams are very close, for the preseason things tend to lean towards
                        (1) the one who's been in that echelon longest,
                        and
                        (2) the one who lost less from the previous year.

That, my friend, is why I placed Plattsburgh ahead of Oswego (#3 ahead of #4... what a travesty! ). I'm not going to lie, homerism probably has some influence on this opinion. But I'd be very interested to see your response to my arguments.
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

::shrug:: you folks here are always lookin for a fight!!

i just wanted another opinion is all, when i walk through the campus centre and see that shiny new SUNYAC trophy from last season, thats all the proof i need. but longevity is certainly a fine reason for placing them ahead. i'm very excited for this season and what it has in store. saturday's contest against the rattlers shouldn't really be anything that difficult, but still get a chance to see everyone in action. let the games begin!

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                            What Prof said.

AND... Oswego loses KGT, Musselwhite, and Selleck (among others), whereas Plattsburgh graduated only 3, none were "stars" that will seriously cripple the team. Sure, Lags and Fox, and Whitelaw, et al. are returning. But can you seriously tell me that the numbers of those players weren't seriously padded by the presence of Selleck on the ice?

Goaltending in Plattsburgh started to sort itself out at the end of last season, and should be the last of the Cardinals' worries this season. Oswego is left with a starter named Beckwith who doesn't seem to have much luck in stay game-fit for a whole season. Oswego's core is gone, for the second time since their 07 championship. Plattsburgh's core is still there.

And if you're referring to THIS year's recruiting class, nothing there seems to scream "Oswego's is clearly better". Their each better than the other in different respects, and that reflects the differing coaching philosphies of the 2 schools. Sure, Oswego has a lot more guys with high numbers, but Plattsburgh has a lot of guys who contributed as team players to some successful (and soem not-so-successful) teams this year. None more so than Jensen, who put up .796 pts/game in the NAHL championship team. And please don't give me the "2 DI transfers" argument. Not all DI transfers work out so well. In fact, believe Oswego has a rather poor track record in that department (the most recent of which being Tim "Midol-man" Potter).

If you asked me, I'd say they're about even this year. Which fits in very nicely with the postseason last year, in which both lost hard-fought semifinals. Oswego may have gotten the SUNYAC sweep on Plattsburgh, and I will concede that they were the superior team last year... but neither made it further in the NCAAs than the other.

So, I would like to add on to what Prof said by saying: When two teams are very close, for the preseason things tend to lean towards
                            (1) the one who's been in that echelon longest,
                            and
                            (2) the one who lost less from the previous year.

That, my friend, is why I placed Plattsburgh ahead of Oswego (#3 ahead of #4... what a travesty! ). I'm not going to lie, homerism probably has some influence on this opinion. But I'd be very interested to see your response to my arguments.
                            WOW!!! Well thought out and written, perhaps a resume to the NY TIMES is in order.............nevertheless, they both should have great seasons, and would not be surprised to see both in NCAA postseason play, hopefully the Final 4.........lets get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

1) Oswego: Tremendous offensive output. Put up 154 goals last year. Have 5 players with >30pts and 8 >20pts. Only losing 2 20pt scores and #1 goalie. #2 Goalie had better save%. Great special teams and defense allowed 24.7 shots per game.

2) Norwich: Excellent firepower and goaltending. 10 players with >20pts and 3 with >30pts. Losing 2 scorers with >20pts and #1 goalie. #2 goalie excellent. Special teams not on par with many top 10 teams but defense allows a ridiculous 19.8 shots per game.

3) Adrian: Most goals scored last year (188) and have 11 players with >20pts and 7 with >30pts. WOW. Only losing 1 top scorer and 2 players overall. Special teams best overall with .299 PP and .905 PK. Goaltending excellent and defense allows 27.1 shots per game.

4) Middlebury: Best combination of goals scored, PP + PK in NESCAC. Team knows how to win and does. 2 scores had >30pts and 7 > 20pts and they only lose 2 top scorers. Defense always stingy giving up 24.4 shots per game and goaltending excellent with .903 save%.

5) Hamline: Has the tools to contend. 6 skaters scored >20pts and 1 >30pts. Lose only their #2 scoring forward. Excellent goaltending with .901 save% and solid special teams. D allows 26.3 shots per game.

6) Plattsburgh: Posted 125 goals last year with only 1 player with >30pts and 4 with >20pts. Well distributed and solid offense and only lose 3 players to graduation and only 1 top scorer. Excellent goaltending with .915 save% and excellent special teams. Allow 24.2 shots per game.

7) St. Norbert: Perennial top 3 losing alot of offense including their #1,2, 3, and 5 top scoring forwards and their #2 scoring D. In addition they are losing #1 goalie. That is a lot to replace.

8) Marian: Solid goaltending and solid special teams. Posted 131 goals last year with 2 >30pt scorers and 7 >20pt scorers. Losing only 1 top scorer and #2 goalie.

9) Manhattanville: Solid goaltending and good special teams. Scored 114 goals last year with 3 >30pt scorers and 6 >20pts. Losing 4 of their top 6 scorers including their top dman and their #2,4,5 forwards. Very stingy defense allowing 23 shots per game.

10) Hamilton: Sleeper pick. Solid goaltending and special teams. Coach of the year. Only 3 scorers > 20pts and one graduates but recruiting class is strong, experienced and big.

Comment

O'Brien is still on campus for SNC. Which # 1 goalie do you mean, or is there something else going on?

Comment

Working...
                                X