No announcement yet.

USCHO Meet-and-Greet in Lake Placid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USCHO Meet-and-Greet in Lake Placid?

Here's an Idea I just thought of:

What if we agreed to meet somewhere in the Arena between the games, and then discuss the whens and wheres of that evening's and saturday's festivities in person at that time?

It's an idea. Simple, yet effective. What do you guys think?

There's going to be at least 60 minutes in between the games. According to Webb "There's plenty of time. That's enough to meet, get organized and get a group shot on top of it. This will be the biggest poster gathering ever. Someone has to make it happen."

If memory serves me correctly, we should find no difficulty gathering in the Olympic center, even if there are 50+ of us.
    Last edited by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh; 03-16-2010, 01:20 AM.
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
      You have to be kidding. Why sell a three game pass if you cannot come and go as you please. That is nutso.
      A lot of arenas do that when there is a tournament format. I don't know why you are so shocked by it. The D1 Frozen Four no longer allows you to leave and reenter between games.

Some of it is security reasons. Some of it is money reasons to force you to buy the food in the arena. Some of it is arena logistics when you don't really have that much time between games.

According to some, LP allowed you out between games. I didn't know that.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
        Before the late game Friday makes most sense.....

FYI - there will be an official Oswego Alumni event Friday night after the second game at a watering hole downtown that will be later today....I suspect the other's may have their own events as well....
        Just got this from the Oswego Alumni Association:

Join us for a casual get-together following the tournament action at 9 p.m. Friday. The event will be hosted by The Oswego Alumni Association along with the SUNY Oswego Athletic Department and The Blueline Club at WiseGuys Sports Bar and Nightclub, 11 School St., Lake Placid.

Oswego alumni and friends will also gather at WiseGuys following Saturday's championship game.
        Oswego State 1980 Grad
        (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          A lot of arenas do that when there is a tournament format. I don't know why you are so shocked by it. The D1 Frozen Four no longer allows you to leave and reenter between games.

Some of it is security reasons. Some of it is money reasons to force you to buy the food in the arena. Some of it is arena logistics when you don't really have that much time between games.

According to some, LP allowed you out between games. I didn't know that.
          I know we did two years ago. We went and got a pizza across the street and then came back for the night cap.
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
            "This will be the biggest poster gathering ever. Someone has to make it happen."
            Okay James Cameron
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Looks like James Cameron dropped the ball maybe? nobody seems to want to call a place or a time, but maybe that's not practical anyway. So.... here's an idea: Name tags? I know it sounds dorky or nerdy or too much like a work related convention kind of a thing, but it might work well! We could then bump into each other anytime all weekend, and meet. It might be interesting just to see what kind of custom tag we individually come up with.
              from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy d View Post
                Looks like James Cameron dropped the ball maybe? nobody seems to want to call a place or a time, but maybe that's not practical anyway. So.... here's an idea: Name tags? I know it sounds dorky or nerdy or too much like a work related convention kind of a thing, but it might work well! We could then bump into each other anytime all weekend, and meet. It might be interesting just to see what kind of custom tag we individually come up with.
                Personally I intend to walk around LP all weekend sporting "peddler" printed in large fluorescent magic marker across my forehead. On second thought........maybe I'll write it on my wife's forehead, and see how people treat her, before introducing myself
                The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by peddler View Post
                  Personally I intend to walk around LP all weekend sporting "peddler" printed in large fluorescent magic marker across my forehead. On second thought........maybe I'll write it on my wife's forehead, and see how people treat her, before introducing myself
                  I think I'd choose to ignore both of you.

Maybe I'll walk around LP wearing my academic regalia.

Nah, I think I'll show up as a gray haired absent minded professor
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I figured that I'd take a beating for the suggestion, but this is cool, let's have some fun with it!
                    from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                      I think I'd choose to ignore both of you.

Maybe I'll walk around LP wearing my academic regalia.

Nah, I think I'll show up as a gray haired absent minded professor
                      The pipe, and elbow-patch tweed look? Or the cap and gown thing?
                      The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

The pipe, and elbow-patch tweed look? Or the cap and gown thing?
                        I think the elbow-patch tweed without the pipe might do. Maybe a Sherlock Holmes type hat

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                          I think the elbow-patch tweed without the pipe might do. Maybe a Sherlock Holmes type hat
                          NUProf at work.
                          Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                            Consensus here is it's pretty close

Comment

Consensus here is it's pretty close
                              Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally Posted by peddler

Nah, I think I'll show up as a gray haired absent minded professor [/QUOTE]

You're both nuts, I'll just ignore you and find the loud/fun section as I will be wearing my jersey and bringing my towel to wave for goals - they may not know who I am, but they will know I am a fan!

Comment

Working...
                                X