Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oswego State 2009-2010 Playoff Disappointment Thread

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    Oswego fans shouldn't forget one of the oldest saws in sports. Beating the same team three times in one season is almost impossible to do.
    This post speaks to that.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
      This post speaks to that.
      I trump your remy with the 2004 Sox v Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
        I trump your remy with the 2004 Sox v Yankees.
        That was a series. Completely different dynamics.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          That was a series. Completely different dynamics.
          Noted. I was challenging their point of the rivalries history; it doesn't always repeat.

Comment

Noted. I was challenging their point of the rivalries history; it doesn't always repeat.
            True. Players don't take the history factor into account like fans do.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Token,

love ya to death man..But Plattsburgh is easily a lock for the NCAA's.

A fourth meeting between these teams could be on the horizon.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                Oswego fans shouldn't forget one of the oldest saws in sports. Beating the same team three times in one season is almost impossible to do.
                Pffft... 5 teams in the ecac-w did it against LVC two years in a row.

It can't be THAT hard

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
                  Pffft... 5 teams in the ecac-w did it against LVC two years in a row.

It can't be THAT hard
                  I completely agree. I think we should call Myth Busters to disprove this myth. I'd like to see some numbers which justify the belief that beating the same team 3+ times in one season is nearly impossible or very difficult.

I watched Plattsburgh beat Oswego *FIVE* teams in the '86-'87 season, including an 8-3 win in the NCAA Championship game. They could have played 10 times and the outcome might have been the same for every game.

That being said, Oswego did not out-shoot Plattsburgh in all 5 games during that season -- but Platty has out-shot Oswego in all 3 games this season, and by a large margin in games 1 and 3. Say what you will about SOG as a meaningful statistic, but if game #4 occurs, the outcome could be much different based on goaltender play.

Comment

Can we get a rewrite on the thread title please?
                    Twitter: DanMountSports
                    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

• Re: Oswego State 2009-2010 Playoff Disappointment Thread

Originally posted by Laker87Tiger97 View Post
                      I completely agree. I think we should call Myth Busters to disprove this myth. I'd like to see some numbers which justify the belief that beating the same team 3+ times in one season is nearly impossible or very difficult.

I watched Plattsburgh beat Oswego *FIVE* teams in the '86-'87 season, including an 8-3 win in the NCAA Championship game. They could have played 10 times and the outcome might have been the same for every game.

That being said, Oswego did not out-shoot Plattsburgh in all 5 games during that season -- but Platty has out-shot Oswego in all 3 games this season, and by a large margin in games 1 and 3. Say what you will about SOG as a meaningful statistic, but if game #4 occurs, the outcome could be much different based on goaltender play.
                      Or game 4 could be more horrible D zone coverage by Plattsburgh and much the same outcome.

Comment

This Thread Needs To Die! No Disappointment Here!

Comment

Did someone say this thread needs to die?

Got an alternative, but it needs some serious work.
                          http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=89142

Jeeest a suggestion...
                          "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                          this is for you."
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

This Thread Needs To Die! No Disappointment Here!
                            The thread seems to be working fine if you're a little superstitious
                            2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                            2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                            2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                            2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                            2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
                              "Intents and purposes" not "intensive purposes"

Just like the national anthem does not begin with "Jose can you see?"
                              Of Course STUPID... I'm not Blind!!!!!
                              If WNYO provides the "Voice of the Lakers" does that mean I'm the "Face of the Lakers?"

WTOP Sports Director & PxP 2009-2010

Comment

Bowdoin Polar Bears come to town for our Quarterfinal - no play-in.
                                "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                                this is for you."
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Working...
                                X