Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State 2009-2010 Playoff Disappointment Thread

Why are we still using this thread
    WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
      Why are we still using this thread
      Oh i dont know...Oswego is 2-0 while using it and we can stuff it in Carey's face if Oswego wins the National Championship.

just saying.

Oswego won the National Championship when the Fire Gosek thread became the most popular topic on here.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Oh i dont know...Oswego is 2-0 while using it and we can stuff it in Carey's face if Oswego wins the National Championship.

just saying.

Oswego won the National Championship when the Fire Gosek thread became the most popular topic on here.
        Fair enough

just seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy if we keep using it
        WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
          Fair enough

just seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy if we keep using it
          Just keeping the prophecy fulfilled and active.
          Things couldn't look more depressing right now for numbers of students turning out Saturday - trying me best, mateys, but getting people to come is tough . Reckon a lot of townies and season ticket holders will make up the deficit for the home ice send-off?
          "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
          this is for you."
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Ranger View Post
            Just keeping the prophecy fulfilled and active.
            Things couldn't look more depressing right now for numbers of students turning out Saturday - trying me best, mateys, but getting people to come is tough . Reckon a lot of townies and season ticket holders will make up the deficit for the home ice send-off?
            2000 at the very best.

It will be an extremely tough draw. Welcome to Oswego hockey and how a majority of the students view the team. We'll go when its free or when we're playing Plattsburgh...other than that...who gives a crap

I wouldn't count on Bowdoin bringing too many fans down either being it a long trip to make for a single game. Granted it's an NCAA game but still. I'd bet 50 tops unless they do a fan bus.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

I would normally come up for the game, but seeing as I just drove up for the last two and my broke *** can't afford to keep making the trek I have to sit this one out. I shall be glued to the feed for the game however.

Comment

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mg2P8gETSNc&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mg2P8gETSNc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

Comment

Does anyone know much about Bowdoin, outside of their record and schedule, in terms of playing style? I was gathering from the NESCAC championship that they're rather aggressive, even to the point of excessive penalties.
                  "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                  this is for you."
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Does anyone know much about Bowdoin, outside of their record and schedule, in terms of playing style? I was gathering from the NESCAC championship that they're rather aggressive, even to the point of excessive penalties.
                    The NESCAC schools are generally known for their skating ability. They have a lot of prep kids usually that can skate and usually play very systemized hockey.

Normally they aren't overly physical teams.

Granted, I haven't seen Bowdoin play in a long time but this is generally what NESCAC schools are about.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Hey, don't know if anyone posted this yet, but Musselwhite is going to Detroit!!

http://www.oswego.edu/athletics/news_story.html?id=9286
                      MJBeckman
                      Oswego '93
                      Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
                      1991-1993
                      2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mjbeckman View Post
                        Hey, don't know if anyone posted this yet, but Musselwhite is going to Detroit!!

http://www.oswego.edu/athletics/news_story.html?id=9286
                        Well-deserved. I know I voted for him.

Congrats!
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Congratulations Neil!

Comment

That's excellent news - was wondering when those results would finally pan out. Congratulations Neil!
                            this is for you."

Comment

Does anyone know much about Bowdoin
                              Maybe we should ask Tony Soprano; it seems he has some connections at Bowdoin:

******* width="560" height="340">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-3UhWiaAvY&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-3UhWiaAvY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340">

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                                2000 at the very best.

It will be an extremely tough draw. Welcome to Oswego hockey and how a majority of the students view the team. We'll go when its free or when we're playing Plattsburgh...other than that...who gives a crap

I wouldn't count on Bowdoin bringing too many fans down either being it a long trip to make for a single game. Granted it's an NCAA game but still. I'd bet 50 tops unless they do a fan bus.
                                Its also tough to get students to stay because dorms close at 8am on Saturday at the latest... the game isn't until 7pm... and then some students wouldnt be able to drive home after the game and would have to stay another night in the dorms costing them $30.... so plus the $3(+?) ticket.... i'd say its not necessarily worth it for the average student
                                If WNYO provides the "Voice of the Lakers" does that mean I'm the "Face of the Lakers?"

WTOP Sports Director & PxP 2009-2010

Comment

Working...
                                X