Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiram College starting D-3 hockey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hiram College starting D-3 hockey

    The D-iii Hockey News page on X just posted that Hiram College in northeast Ohio is hiring a coach for the new men’s NCAA Division 3 hockey program they’re starting in 25-26.

  • #2
    I noticed its just a grad assistant posting, not even full time. I doubt they'll have a good coach in place...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
      I noticed its just a grad assistant posting, not even full time. I doubt they'll have a good coach in place...
      It seems they're promoting their AAU team to the d3 level so they might already have a coaching staff in place. Also the primary responsibility according to the job posting seems to be more focused on recruiting.
      Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post

        It seems they're promoting their AAU team to the d3 level so they might already have a coaching staff in place. Also the primary responsibility according to the job posting seems to be more focused on recruiting.
        That coach doesn't appear to have experience beyond ACHA D3...a school elevating from club to varsity typically brings in a f/t coach with some experience at the NCAA level, especially men's programs.

        If this is how they're going forward this
        is a major break from the norms and not in a good way.

        Comment


        • #5
          Do they have a conference home? Hopefully not the NCHA.
          5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
          2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
            Do they have a conference home? Hopefully not the NCHA.
            Looking where they are, a conference west of the Hudson and East of Cleveland works.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

            ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

            Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

            I want to live forever. So far, so good.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by joecct View Post

              Looking where they are, a conference west of the Hudson and East of Cleveland works.
              I'm guessing the UCHC and the eastern most teams figure something else out by 2027 or so...

              Comment


              • #8
                731 students. now thats small

                Comment

                Working...
                X