Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 SUNYAC additions ,subtractions and Tomfoolery......

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post

    Per Mike McMahon Keyes has committed to D1 Merrimack:

    https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/s...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    ok like I said not in stone.......

    Comment


    • #32
      It's official now https://www.sunyacsports.com/general...20240410jdu4v5
      Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

      Comment


      • #33
        So everyone in the SUNYAC is now playing for third with the financial aid disparity with Hobart and Skidmore. Sounds like a win.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Sk8save! View Post
          So everyone in the SUNYAC is now playing for third with the financial aid disparity with Hobart and Skidmore. Sounds like a win.
          I don’t think Plattsburgh and Oswego will have issues keeping up with Hobart and Skidmore and we’ll see if Cortland can keep their train rolling.

          should be five very good teams in that league with all five usually in the top 15 discussion most years.

          great pickups for SUNYAC after losing Geneseo and Brockport.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

            I don’t think Plattsburgh and Oswego will have issues keeping up with Hobart and Skidmore and we’ll see if Cortland can keep their train rolling.

            should be five very good teams in that league with all five usually in the top 15 discussion most years.

            great pickups for SUNYAC after losing Geneseo and Brockport.
            Hobart lost to Oswego in the opening game this year. Plattsburg and Cortland plus Skidmore will make for some very challenging competition as Coach Taylor is quite happy to compete in the SUNYAC. I also see a Babson/Norwich weekend in the future as well.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Bartman View Post

              Hobart lost to Oswego in the opening game this year. Plattsburg and Cortland plus Skidmore will make for some very challenging competition as Coach Taylor is quite happy to compete in the SUNYAC. I also see a Babson/Norwich weekend in the future as well.
              I’m unsure what the total number of league games will be for Norwich but if it stays at 18, they don’t have the wiggle room to add 2 games with Hobart and another NY opponent if they keep the Plattsburgh and Middlebury non-conference games. I don’t see those going away. Plus they play in the two tournaments every year so that’s four more games, leaves just one Non-Conference to play with.

              if the league only has 16 games, then 9 non-conference would leave a lot more to play with and open up potential to have a Hobart/Skidmore or Hobart/Elmira weekend.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

                I’m unsure what the total number of league games will be for Norwich but if it stays at 18, they don’t have the wiggle room to add 2 games with Hobart and another NY opponent if they keep the Plattsburgh and Middlebury non-conference games. I don’t see those going away. Plus they play in the two tournaments every year so that’s four more games, leaves just one Non-Conference to play with.

                if the league only has 16 games, then 9 non-conference would leave a lot more to play with and open up potential to have a Hobart/Skidmore or Hobart/Elmira weekend.
                The announcement said the SUNYAC will have 18 conference games. So seven nonconference games available.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

                Comment


                • #38
                  Russ he's talking about norwichs schedule. But I believe the LEC will have either 9 or 10 teams in 25-26(depending on where Salve Regina goes) so his concerns are quite valid for an 18 game schedule
                  Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    IMHO in 25-26 SUNYAC will be the strongest conference inD3 hockey.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Pretty soon we'll just be "the NYAC".
                      Oswego State 1980 Grad
                      (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                        Pretty soon we'll just be "the NYAC".
                        makes sense

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Sk8save! View Post
                          So everyone in the SUNYAC is now playing for third with the financial aid disparity with Hobart and Skidmore. Sounds like a win.
                          Cortland just won a sunyac title with 15 guys from ny and a majority of their roster from American leagues like the NAHL NCDC and the EHL. Hobart just won back to back national titles with a roster that's mostly NAHL and NCDC guys. Platty and Oswego have 5 ny guys between the 2 rosters. I thinks it's pretty clear that with every passing year the American junior leagues are becoming better than the Canadian ones and that suny tuition becomes a better bargain every year as well. I think the future for all suny schools is to have more NY guys that can take advantage of the cheaper tuition to counter Hobart and Skidmore instead of having mostly Canadian rosters like the past.
                          Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post
                            Cortland just won a sunyac title with 15 guys from ny and a majority of their roster from American leagues like the NAHL NCDC and the EHL. Hobart just won back to back national titles with a roster that's mostly NAHL and NCDC guys. Platty and Oswego have 5 ny guys between the 2 rosters. I thinks it's pretty clear that with every passing year the American junior leagues are becoming better than the Canadian ones and that suny tuition becomes a better bargain every year as well. I think the future for all suny schools is to have more NY guys that can take advantage of the cheaper tuition to counter Hobart and Skidmore instead of having mostly Canadian rosters like the past.
                            Canadian Jr hockey isn’t tuition free anymore and that pushed a lot of kids south of the border. BC is the only one still free. NAHL is clearly the strongest and NCDC right behind it as far as American leagues go

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by WCHornet View Post
                              IMHO in 25-26 SUNYAC will be the strongest conference inD3 hockey.
                              Agree

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

                                NAHL is clearly the strongest and NCDC right behind it as far as American leagues go
                                Do you not consider the USHL an “American” league?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X