Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 SUNYAC additions ,subtractions and Tomfoolery......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 SUNYAC additions ,subtractions and Tomfoolery......

I know we have lost Geneseo and Brockport,can't remember if we added any teams???...What will the schedules look like, will Genny and Bport play any YAC teams?? I would imagine so...

So far for Oswego I have seen...Justin Ryan forward...NCDC,,,33gp 12g-21a for 33 pts.......Aiden Cooper..dman...OJHL. 41gp...4g-20 for 24pts.........From what I see on the Oz roster we have 12 guys returning, as we know nothing is in stone, that leaves us with a BIG hole to fill,I am guessing 15 players give or take a few, hope the coaching staff has new tread on the tires....Go Lakers!!!
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 04-08-2024, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
      I know we have lost Geneseo and Brockport,can't remember if we added any teams???...What will the schedules look like, will Genny and Bport play any YAC teams?? I would imagine so...
      SUNY Canton is being added and Morrisville became a full member instead of an affiliate member so 8 total teams. Travel Partners are Potsdam Platty, Canton Oz, Morrisville Cortland, Buff State Fredonia
      Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        Potsdam is not playing the defectors.

With 20 league games in the UCHC, leaving only 5 nonconference games available, there isn't much room for Brockport and Geneseo to play many, if any, real SUNYAC teams.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

D3 hockey news just announced on Twitter that 2 teams are leaving the NEHC for the sunyac. I wonder if Potsdam had those 2 non-conference games against fredonia just as placeholders for these teams
          Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

Two of Skidmore, Elmira, Hobart?

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
              3 top clubs right there,could only hope???

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
                I’m wondering if it’s Hobart and Skidmore, while Elmira joins the expected Empire 8 hockey conference.

Comment

Someone said it's a part of empire 8 bylaws that if the conference sponsors a sport all full members must join but does anyone have any actual proof of that?

Comment

Hobart and Skidmore would be upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post
                      Someone said it's a part of empire 8 bylaws that if the conference sponsors a sport all full members must join but does anyone have any actual proof of that?
                      Almost all conferences have that in their bylaws. Almost all also say that if enough full members play the sport to qualify for an AQ, the conference must sponsor the sport.
                      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Well then Hobart and Skidmore it is then Id imagine these would be the travel partners then. Buff state Fredonia, Cortland Morrisville, Oswego Hobart (theyre only 1 hour away shockingly) Skidmore Platty, Canton Potsdam. Thats 18 conference games and 7 non-conference games

Comment

Well then Hobart and Skidmore it is then Id imagine these would be the travel partners then. Buff state Fredonia, Cortland Morrisville, Oswego Hobart (theyre only 1 hour away shockingly) Skidmore Platty, Canton Potsdam. Thats 18 conference games and 7 non-conference games
                          Nate is correct regarding bylaws, and I have drawn the same conclusions you have down to the travel partner pairings. This is one of those cases where the obvious answer is the best case scenario so I hope this is what is happening.

Comment

Oswego / Hobart reminds me of the Vermont Death March (Norwich / Middlebury) 20 years or so ago.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

This is fun to speculate about, but is there any confirmation? Who is "d3 hockey news"?
                              Steve
                              Penn State Class of '95
                              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                              X