No announcement yet.

HOBART STATESMEN HOCKEY 2023-2023- REIGNING Dlll DIVISION CHAMPIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The game vs Curry got a 30 second segment during the intermission of the new york rangers and winnepeg jets game on msg. Cool to see d3 hockey on such a big broadcast.
    Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

Also lots of mentions on ESPN platforms this week. D3 hockey !!

Comment

In the Finals! Congrats to Utica for a great season. Hobart thankfully scored 2 quick ones in the first period and hung on as Utica came so close to getting even, aggressive move to pull goalie with 2:30 left resulting in open net 3-1 final. We survive for one more on Saturday .

Comment

I watched the final seconds on twitter, and then the skate out to the tender for congratulations; impressed with the business-like demeanor, "ok fellas, good game, who's next..." Also, they didn't look too tired after this matinee....

Comment

Originally posted by Bartman View Post
            In the Finals! Congrats to Utica for a great season. Hobart thankfully scored 2 quick ones in the first period and hung on as Utica came so close to getting even, aggressive move to pull goalie with 2:30 left resulting in open net 3-1 final. We survive for one more on Saturday .
            My take:

1. That first goal was key. Roberts never saw it due to the Hobart traffic in front of him, and that tally was the the de-facto GWG, in retrospect.

2. Roberts was the first star, if one is completely objective. He made more big saves than did Beaver, but Hobart generated more good looks. If Roberts hadn't stood on his head for much of the game, it wouldn't have been close.

3. Hobart was the better team today. Great hands, great skating, great D and balls-out tenacity for 60 minutes. To be sure, HC earned that win. It was a much easier pill to swallow than watching Utica absolutely dominate UNE over the past two PS's, only to be stone-walled by that amazing little goalie the latter team had.

4. I'm with you; Utica pulled Roberts too early. But it most likely wouldn't have made any difference.

Good luck on Saturday. I'll be watching, and I expect 'Bart to be hoisting another trophy. That is one impressive hockey club.
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-21-2024, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

My take:

1. That first goal was key. Roberts never saw it due to the Hobart traffic in front of him, and that tally was the the de-facto GWG, in retrospect.

2. Roberts was the first star, if one is completely objective. He made more big saves than did Beaver, but Hobart generated more good looks. If Roberts hadn't stood on his head for much of the game, it wouldn't have been close.

3. Hobart was the better team today. Great hands, great skating, great D and balls-out tenacity for 60 minutes. To be sure, HC earned that win. It was a much easier pill to swallow than watching Utica absolutely dominate UNE over the past two PS's, only to be stone-walled by that amazing little goalie the latter team had.

4. I'm with you; Utica pulled Roberts too early. But it most likely wouldn't have made any difference.

Good luck on Saturday. I'll be watching, and I expect 'Bart to be hoisting another trophy. That is one impressive hockey club.
              Not sure I'd argue with any of your points, Fish. But if I were to "nitpick", I think it might have been the second goal that really broke open the game.

Kudos to Roberts....without him that game would have been over by midway through the second. Instead, he kept them in it and, IMO, Utica just got stronger as the game progressed. Utica definitely showed they could play with Hobart.

Overall, I do agree Hobart was the better team...but I give high praise to Utica. Felt like it took Utica a little while to get used to the pace / intensity....but they came close to matching both in the back-half of the game....and much of that 3rd period felt like Utica might very well tie it up.

If they don't go D1 (wink, wink ), this team could definitely make some more noise next year.

Now....let's see who the Skatesmen line up against Saturday night. It will likely take their best game of the year to beat whoever gets through to the final. As it should be....

Go 'Bart!!!

Comment

Congratulations to the Trinity Bantams....see you Saturday for the Rooster fight.

Comment

[QUOTE=llama;n3845980]

Had a rare chance to catch a Saturday afternoon game...and I am sooooo glad I did. Hobart @ Trinity...what a game.
                  Fast, physical hockey...both goalies were awesome and a commitment to team defense was on display for both clubs. Could have gone either way...but glad that Hobart pulled out the win. Trinity appears to be a very good team...guessing they might "make some noise" this year. /

QUOTE]

Hmm...I might have been on to something.

Hoping the boys can replicate the amazing road game they played back in December....the stakes are much higher now!!

G0 'Bart!!
                  Last edited by llama; 03-21-2024, 08:35 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=llama;n3869857]
                    Originally posted by llama View Post

Had a rare chance to catch a Saturday afternoon game...and I am sooooo glad I did. Hobart @ Trinity...what a game.
                    Fast, physical hockey...both goalies were awesome and a commitment to team defense was on display for both clubs. Could have gone either way...but glad that Hobart pulled out the win. Trinity appears to be a very good team...guessing they might "make some noise" this year. /

QUOTE]

Hmm...I might have been on to something.

Hoping the boys can replicate the amazing road game they played back in December....the stakes are much higher now!!

G0 'Bart!!
                    I remember your post, Trinity sure fulfilled your forecast. This should be an incredibly intense final.

Comment

• congratulations to Hobart-back to back national championships with so many good teams out there is a remarkable feat-

Comment

• Congrats 'Bart !!!

Comment

• Congratulations Hobart! Very strong showing in both games, you deserved this.
                          Oswego State 1980 Grad
                          (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

• All their best players still have ability to come back…..

does this train slow down anytime soon?
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              All their best players still have ability to come back…..

does this train slow down anytime soon?
                              The train stops when beaver graduates in 2 years his stats are so ridiculous if he keeps up this pace he will be the undisputed best goalie in d3 history he's on track for a .959 save % (#1 all time) 28 shutouts (also #1 all time) and 2nd all time in win % (but he will have 30 more gp than the guy in 1st so he's basically #1). Also in researching all that poor Norwich fans they lost arguably the greatest single season performance by a goalie in Tom Auburn to the pandemic 14 shutouts sweet lord
                              Last edited by Lord_Zubin; 03-24-2024, 12:17 AM.
                              Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

• Just got back from witnessing the sweet REPEAT! Trinity certainly made Hobart earn it....only respect for the Bantams and their great host facility. It said it was sold out, 3500 I think. Fan count was about 60 Trinity/40 Hobart, despite the "home ice" advantage. Hobart could return some of the Seniors that have a chance for an extra "Covid" year by attending the Masters in Management or Education . In any case, lots of talent returning, and recruit pool for Class of 2028 is rich. Coach Taylor has earned his luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X