HOBART STATESMEN HOCKEY 2023-2023- REIGNING Dlll DIVISION CHAMPIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOBART STATESMEN HOCKEY 2023-2023- REIGNING Dlll DIVISION CHAMPIONS

The battle for retaining our Championship begins tonight against a strong Oswego team on their home ice. Every team will be aiming to upset the Statesmen....Embrace the target! GOBART!

Should be intense tilt tonight at The Campus Center...

Comment

Congrats to the Lakers for a hard fought 3-2 OT win. Great intensity throughout the game by both teams. Any team that can get 3 past Beaver deserves the win. Let's go Hobart, last year was great, but it was last year.....go out and earn it one game at a time.

Comment

It was a great college hockey game to see

Comment

Damon beaver definitely relaxed in the 3rd and it caught up with him. He was interacting with the oswego student section and was even playing rock paper scissors with them. I would know because I beat him in said rock paper scissors game. Still the best goalie in d3, but uh coach definitely needs to let loose on him
          Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

Nice rebound 7-0 game against Potsdam.Quite a few of the new Freshman cut their teeth with their first goals. Unlike the winning streak last year to start the season, reality set in early with a 1-1 start this year. The Champs return to the Cooler on Friday against the Cadets from Norwich....what a great way to start league play. Can't wait to feel the nervous excitement that comes with a Norwich game.

Comment

Hobart dominates the game against Norwich tonight and wins 3-0. Beaver focused from start to finish and the team just very active all night. Feels good to get back and protect the Cooler. New England tomorrow.

Comment

Southern Maine and Babson road trip this weekend. Should see both goalies and test the strength of these two NEHC members.

Comment

Congratulations to the Babson Beavers for the 3-1 win over the Statesmen. The Statesmen had a 47-13 advantage in shots (18-1 in 3rd period) but only one made it past their goalie. It just proves that all the offense in the world doesn't matter when good defense/goalie skills prevail. Maverick Goyer takes the loss in goal for Hobart. The Statesmen will get back on track , but kudos to Babson for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartman View Post
                    Congratulations to the Babson Beavers for the 3-1 win over the Statesmen. The Statesmen had a 47-13 advantage in shots (18-1 in 3rd period) but only one made it past their goalie. It just proves that all the offense in the world doesn't matter when good defense/goalie skills prevail. Maverick Goyer takes the loss in goal for Hobart. The Statesmen will get back on track , but kudos to Babson for the win.
                    Every night is a tough night in the NEHC…
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Every night is a tough night in the NEHC…
                      Yup. Happy to get home to the old familiar Cooler for a few games. Papa never said it would be easy. The magic of last year has faded, time to grind some wins out.

Comment

Hobart drops to #3 in Poll which is totally fair with Plattsburg the new #1. Hobart just needs to concentrate on winning the NEHC for now.

Comment

Hobart back on track after two early season losses and back to #1 this week. The offense was a shot machine this weekend against UMASS Boston and JWU at the Cooler. They look ready for the NEHC schedule with different players stepping up each night. Both goalies look great and the defense is solid. This team is ready for another run if their heads don't get too big and Coach Taylor keeps them focused.
                          Hobart leads the nation in penalty-killing percentage (1.000), scoring defense (0.73) and scoring margin (+4.18). The Statesmen have killed off all 31 of its opponent's power-play opportunities to start the year. In addition, Hobart is second in the nation in power-play percentage (.366) and scoring offense (4.91) and ninth in winning percentage (.818).
                          Congratulations to Tanner Hartman on his 11 point total this weekend and being named NEHC player of the week.
                          Last edited by Bartman; 12-05-2023, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartman View Post
                            Hobart back on track after two early season losses and back to #1 this week. The offense was a shot machine this weekend against UMASS Boston and JWU at the Cooler. They look ready for the NEHC schedule with different players stepping up each night. Both goalies look great and the defense is solid. This team is ready for another run if their heads don't get too big and Coach Taylor keeps them focused.
                            Hobart leads the nation in penalty-killing percentage (1.000), scoring defense (0.73) and scoring margin (+4.18). The Statesmen have killed off all 31 of its opponent's power-play opportunities to start the year. In addition, Hobart is second in the nation in power-play percentage (.366) and scoring offense (4.91) and ninth in winning percentage (.818).
                            Congratulations to Tanner Hartman on his 11 point total this weekend and being named NEHC player of the week.
                            Have been keeping an eye on and watching hockey webcasts of our Liberty League friends to the west over the last couple of seasons. In fact, intend to see it in person when they visit another Liberty League friend to the much closer north who is apparently very close to as good. Hopefully, this years weather cooperates better than last years. That municipal rink is nowhere to be when it's minus 10 outside because it's not much better inside.

However, I am baffled by one thing that there must be a reason for. Why do the still very good defending national champions draw less than 200 customers per game? Is it a rink so terrible that nobody wants to go there to watch a game? I suspect that because even with a bevy of empty seats available all over the place people pass on them and watch standing at the glass behind each goal!!!

Or is it something completely unrelated to athletics just like a certain supposedly "world renowned great institution" in the Capital District who for a very long time has shown nothing but utter disdain and contempt for the city, the surrounding community, nearby residents and their athletic supporters and booster. Naturally and understandably, all of the preceding return the disdain and contempt by hating the institution's guts and wanting little or nothing to do with them.

Can anyone shed some light on what seems very odd.

Comment

Tony/troy, All HWS sports went to a no charge for admissions back in 2021 for all sports. This was done partly for the community of Geneva to attract greater community attendance. One of the issues is that no one really tracks attendance accurately , so the numbers you see at events is just a plug number for the box score or estimated by eye. They also allow attendees to gather right behind the nets which is very popular, while in the past this was rarely allowed. I was there for both games this last weekend which were the least attended so far this season, but I'd say there were closer to 400 . I think the students should support the team more, but I think you'll see it in late Jan /Feb when the Spring term starts and the NEHC games get heavy and then you can't even walk in the rink, which might be a fire hazard, actually. But,I agree, it looks pretty light when you watch video, but that will change deeper into the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X