Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica University 2023-24: The Rebuild????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Win an NCAA playoff game, then you can start spouting off...
    Utica has won an NCAA playoff game more recently than Plattsburgh has, but I don't think we're ready for that conversation

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneer247 View Post

Utica has won an NCAA playoff game more recently than Plattsburgh has, but I don't think we're ready for that conversation
      Ouch...........

Comment

LOL. I didn't consider that angle. But you know what I'm getting at.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I waited for it. Give me credit for that.

Can't recall when Canton last won one, but I don't subscribe to the whole juvenile vicarious "my Daddy can beat up your Daddy" thing anymore, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            I waited for it. Give me credit for that.

Can't recall when Canton last won one, but I don't subscribe to the whole juvenile vicarious "my Daddy can beat up your Daddy" thing anymore, anyway.
            And Canton has what to do with this discussion?
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Pioneer is now my favorite Utica fan
              Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

Yeah, and Plattsburgh's won a national championship more recently than Utica has.... do either of us have real bragging rights on either of those points?
                Steve
                Penn State Class of '95
                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post

Yeah, and Plattsburgh's won a national championship more recently than Utica has.... do either of us have real bragging rights on either of those points?
                  That wasn't the point of the argument...

Comment

A big spat on the Utica thread and I'm not even involved. How refreshing...

Comment

Back to the here and now, we thought Stevenson looked better than Adrian did...

We'll see how it goes this afternoon.

Comment

Stevenson didn't look so much like Adrian today, but it wasn't that far off. Utica just took today's game over when it mattered.

The early results v. Adrian and Stevenson can't hurt Utica's PW calculus. I wouldn't be surprised to see both of those teams win a ton of games going forward, which would be helpful.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-04-2023, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Stevenson didn't look so much like Adrian today, but it wasn't that far off. Utica just took today's game over when it mattered.

The early results v. Adrian and Stevenson can't hurt Utica's PW calculus. I wouldn't be surprised to see both of those teams win a ton of games going forward, which would be helpful.
                          With the limited number of cross-region games in DIII the win over Adrian is huge for PWR...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

With the limited number of cross-region games in DIII the win over Adrian is huge for PWR...
                            I think so, too.

The UCHC schedule won't help much, but I do think that Stevenson, Naz and Wilkes might turn out to be quality opportunities by the end of the RS.

Edit: Starting to think about Alvernia, too.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-10-2023, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Good week in the polls (for me) this week: Utica Women #9, Utica Men #4, Wisconsin Women #1, AND, (after a long real long time.....) Wisconsin Men #1!
                              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

I think so, too.

The UCHC schedule won't help much, but I do think that Stevenson, Naz and Wilkes might turn out to be quality opportunities by the end of the RS.

Edit: Starting to think about Alvernia, too.
                                Alvernia certainly doesn't have the most talented roster, but if there's one thing I learned from our scrimmage against them is that theyre physical, theyre a-holes, and they will get under your skin, which goes a looooong way in d3 hockey. if you do not treat them like ur playing adrian, they will ruin ur night. There's a reason we why we won that game 7-6 after blowing a 4-1 lead
                                Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

Working...
                                X