Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica University 2023-24: The Rebuild????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officially, Utica (at #6) was the highest ranked team in D3 to not lose a game this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneer247 View Post
      Officially, Utica (at #6) was the highest ranked team in D3 to not lose a game this weekend
      But, Plattsburgh at number 7 went 1.000 (2-0) while Utica at number 6 went .750 (1-0-1)

Comment

Originally posted by WCHornet View Post

But, Plattsburgh at number 7 went 1.000 (2-0) while Utica at number 6 went .750 (1-0-1)
        Plattsburgh played Saint Anselm and Castleton, Utica played Adrian twice...

It's 2023, we're not rewarding teams for playing a poor non-conference schedule

Comment

Nope, just weak conference opponents !

Comment

Utica looked very strong.

I am glad they play as hard of a NC schedule as possible, instead of layup games vs Saint Anselem and Castleton…what a joke

Comment

Playing any road games this non-conference season? Just one? Interesting...
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95
              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post

Playing any road games this non-conference season? Just one? Interesting...
                And Plattsburgh has how many? Two? One of them against Saint Anselem, which shouldnt even count. They are a D4 team.

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

And Plattsburgh has how many? Two? One of them against Saint Anselem, which shouldnt even count. They are a D4 team.
                  I really do question St Anselm on the schedule. It really has no bearing at the end of the season pairwise. It happens to be the year Plattsburgh hosts the TG tourney. It is also the year they play a regular season game against Williams and Norwich at home. These all alternate every other year. (Tourmey is every 2) Pioneer made a post and I just reminded him that 2 wins is better than a tie and a win in the numbers. A tie is a half win and a half loss. At this point Adrian does seem to be a much tougher opponent than VSC or St A.
                  Last edited by WCHornet; 10-29-2023, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WCHornet View Post

I really do question St Anselm on the schedule. It really has no bearing at the end of the season pointswise. It happens to be the year Plattsburgh hosts the TG tourney. It is also the year they play a regular season game against Williams and Norwich at home. These all alternate every other year. (Tourmey is every 2) Pioneer made a post and I just reminded him that 2 wins is better than a tie and a win in the numbers. A tie is a half win and a half loss. At this point Adrian does seem to be a much tougher opponent than VSC or St A.
                    I think by year end 1-0-1 vs Adrian will look a lot better on the resume than two wins over StA and Castleton. What do you think?

Comment

I think by year end 1-0-1 vs Adrian will look a lot better on the resume than two wins over StA and Castleton. What do you think?
                      You would think so, But the pairwise does not count the StA game, even now. Right now Plattsburgh is tied with a bunch at 26 and UU tied with a few at 40. Go figure.

Comment

I’d say Utica plays most NC games at home for atmosphere, not many rinks you can go to and have a couple thousand spectators present. I’m sure visiting coaches see the same benefit, why not play Utica in hostile environment. Unfortunately the crowd size isn’t what it used to be with sell out crowd, but still beneficial to both

Comment

And Plattsburgh has how many? Two? One of them against Saint Anselem, which shouldn't even count. They are a D4 team.
                          Not sure why the D4 comment.... as for Plattsburgh's schedule, this is a one in six-year cycle where the artist-formerly-known-as-Primelink is in Plattsburgh (every three years) and their annual games with Norwich, Middlebury, and Williams are also home games (every other year).

Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95
                          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post

Not sure why the D4 comment.... as for Plattsburgh's schedule, this is a one in six-year cycle where the artist-formerly-known-as-Primelink is in Plattsburgh (every three years) and their annual games with Norwich, Middlebury, and Williams are also home games (every other year).
                            I'm not sure you can make a comment about Utica's home NC games when Plattsburgh has layup NC games primarily at home.

Comment

I'm not sure you can make a comment about Utica's home NC games when Plattsburgh has layup NC games primarily at home.
                              Wow, two of us have explained that to you. These NC games are on rotating schedules. Have been that way for years !!

Comment

Win an NCAA playoff game, then you can start spouting off...
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X