Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica University 2023-24: The Rebuild????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post

Selective memory is an amazing thing. Or did you forget the final four was on a Friday and Sunday last year.
    Of course I remember it was on a Friday and Sunday last year. What's your point? Ray's job last year could not take him away for three days, whatever those days were.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post

Aint the UCHC 6 teams next year? No way they decided to all play each other 4 times I think they do what the WIAC does play everyone 3x for 15 conference which leave 10 NC games
      I hate to break it to you, but from what I heard, from the coaches themselves (and they're not happy), they plan on playing each other four times.
      Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Pioneer247 View Post
        This is not confirmed, but the source I have is pretty reliable: non-conference slate is Adrian x2 in Michigan, Oswego at home, and the Thanksgiving tournament w/ Utica, Oswego, Stevenson and UNE, the rest is conference games
        I like that field. Usually always a solid tournament (except I think two years ago, but you can't always nail it), it's usually the one time I make a trip out to Utica.

I wish the Oswego tournament was as good as it always used to be. But, quite frankly, it's been fairly lame the past few years. I skipped it this past season.
        Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

Not saying you’re wrong with what might be happening but it’s still just that at this point.

The Empire 8 is not official and even if it becomes official, there is no guarantee that Hobart, Skidmore and Elmira all end up in the same league.

It’s wild out there and remember Geneseo and Brockport LEFT the SUNYAC, which I thought was probably the most ironclad conference that existed outside of the NESCAC.

Hobart and Skidmore will have plenty of courters should the NEHC dissolve and they look to join an established conference.
          Also, if Empire 8 hockey starts up, there is a question as to what Manhattanville and Chatham do.

Comment

• Originally posted by dhammond View Post

Also, if Empire 8 hockey starts up, there is a question as to what Manhattanville and Chatham do.
            So I was just looking through DIII Championships Committee reports the other day to confirm my recollection that they approved a pilot of doing pre-determined sites for the women's hockey tournament, and I stumbled across this from when they were approving the NEWHL AQ transferring immediately to the SUNYAC (which is obvious since it's literally the same teams), and found this interesting:

The committee reviewed and approved a request from the State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) to allow the Northeast Women’s Hockey League, a single-sport conference that is dissolving, to transition into the multisport SUNYAC and maintain its automatic qualification. The Championships Committee agreed that the request meets the standards of the waiver guideline the committee adopted in 2019, which states that a single-sport conference may transition into a multisport conference and maintain its automatic qualification so long as it satisfies all conditions of a multisport conference, and so long as each member of the single-sport conference joins the multisport conference to maintain the automatic qualification. (Note: Renee Bostic from the State University of New York at New Paltz, a member of the SUNYAC, abstained during the committee’s vote.)

In addition, the committee agreed to authorize staff to adjudicate subsequent waiver requests of this nature. (In other words, if a request satisfies the waiver guideline, staff has the authority to approve. If the request does not satisfy all components of the guideline, it will be submitted for the Championships Committee to review.)
            I could be wrong, but my interpretation of this wording is that the transfer of an AQ from the UCHC to the Empire 8 would only be "automatic" if they brought ALL teams with them, which would include Manhattanville and Chatham (but if they don't, it simply means the committee would have to review it).
            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I hate to break it to you, but from what I heard, from the coaches themselves (and they're not happy), they plan on playing each other four times.
              And if my source is true, it's two home and homes, so no team will have consecutive home games in conference play

Comment

• Originally posted by Pioneer247 View Post

And if my source is true, it's two home and homes, so no team will have consecutive home games in conference play
                They’ll have consecutive home conference games. They just won’t be on the same weekend against the same team.

And on the bright side, this means you get a home game basically every week, all season long.
                Last edited by altazo; 03-23-2024, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

That's soooooooooooo dumb.
                  Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post

That's soooooooooooo dumb.
                    Playing everyone in your conference four times during the RS isn't half as dumb as the usual idiocy of the one-off conference tournaments constituting the be-all, end-all in terms of the NCAA berths.

(In fact, that makes far more sense, as far as granting AQ's.)
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-24-2024, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X