Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica University 2023-24: The Rebuild????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Hobart has owned Utica for pretty much the duration of the latter's existence. And this Hobart team looks to be the best iteration that Utica has faced.

So, yeah...

BUT, if Roberts is on his game, the boys certainly have a shot.
    As is always the case with one and done plus a great goalie. Just look at how close Curry came.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• 100 saves
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Hobart has owned Utica for pretty much the duration of the latter's existence. And this Hobart team looks to be the best iteration that Utica has faced.

So, yeah...

BUT, if Roberts is on his game, the boys certainly have a shot.
        The Curry goalie kept them in the game, but Curry also put 3 by Beaver....so no worries that Hobart will be overconfident this Thursday...They have always been a slow starter, evidence the 2-0 Curry lead but then Hobart usually go crazy in second period. Coach Taylor will be all over them to play like it's the second period to start the game....Utica is a step up from Curry theoretically, so they will be hyper focused and as Coach Taylor always says ...respect everyone, fear none. Good luck and good health to everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          100 saves
          98 saves. 102 shots, four goals.
          Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartman View Post

The Curry goalie kept them in the game, but Curry also put 3 by Beaver....so no worries that Hobart will be overconfident this Thursday...They have always been a slow starter, evidence the 2-0 Curry lead but then Hobart usually go crazy in second period. Coach Taylor will be all over them to play like it's the second period to start the game....Utica is a step up from Curry theoretically, so they will be hyper focused and as Coach Taylor always says ...respect everyone, fear none. Good luck and good health to everyone.
            I smell a really fun game. Hobart is clearly the better team on paper, but Utica isn't far behind. Neither team will bring enough fans to tilt it one way or the other.

And if Hobart wins, I'm all about that Statesmen in the final.

Call me a homer, but I always root for our Upstate brethren.

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              The moronic Sir Flubs is back....ignore. Dolphin is Nubs also !
              True, and she had several aliases last year as well.

Best just to scroll past her BS, Shabby... I do.

Haven't even been tempted to read what a de-facto 14 YO girl would type on here. It's a complete waste of time.

(And sorry about Colgate. Outplayed The Larries both nights by a wide margin. 'Gate was by far the better team, but hockey is a cruel game.)
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-17-2024, 08:47 PM.

Comment

And if Hobart wins, I'm all about that Statesmen in the final.

Call me a homer, but I always root for our Upstate brethren.
                Me, too. Yes, even I will root for Utica if they beat Hobart. :-)
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

• I'm not having any luck finding a listing for a stream for the game. Anyone know how to watch it..?

Comment

I'm not having any luck finding a listing for a stream for the game. Anyone know how to watch it..?
                    The links for the streams usually don't show up till closer to the games.

They will be on ncaa.com, usually under the videos link. You can also go to the men's ice hockey D3 page there, and the links will eventually show up. They may be mislabeled, but when you click on them, they should be the actual game(s).

And some nice poster tends to put the link(s) here just before the game(s).
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

I'm not having any luck finding a listing for a stream for the game. Anyone know how to watch it..?
                      All three games will be at www.ncaa.com no link yet

Comment

• Thanks, guys.

Back when I wasn't so ancient (I'm talking only a couple of years back) there wouldn't have been any way in the world that I would've balked at making the easy drive to Hartford to see a couple of local teams in the FF.

These days, the old **** isn't even considering such an adventure.

Hope the streams are of high quality, and I kinda assume that they are.

Comment

Thanks, guys.
                          Hope the streams are of high quality, and I kinda assume that they are.
                          These streams will be done by NCAA productions. So, they use real cameras and more than just one. And real production people.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

These streams will be done by NCAA productions. So, they use real cameras and more than just one. And real production people.
                            Real production people but not as good as Ray Biggs

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

Real production people but not as good as Ray Biggs
                              I'm a bit biased, but I've never heard a better D-3 hockey guy than Ray. He actually knows how the process works.

Comment

• How can we watch the game ?
                                It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Working...
                                X