Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica University 2023-24: The Rebuild????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to hockey, how's UU this year Mr Fish, any impact frosh ?
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

• Earth to fishy...come in please ! Are you ok ?

Comment

• Folks going to the Utica games this weekend.........Don't know how widespread this is known but the Friday game (tonight) at the Nexus Center has been postponed till 12:30 on Sunday (still at the Nexus Center) and Saturday's game at the AUD has had its start time moved up to 6:00 PM.
        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
          Folks going to the Utica games this weekend.........Don't know how widespread this is known but the Friday game (tonight) at the Nexus Center has been postponed till 12:30 on Sunday (still at the Nexus Center) and Saturday's game at the AUD has had its start time moved up to 6:00 PM.
          Are you guys getting the lake effect? Because I don't see anything in your forecast.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Are you guys getting the lake effect? Because I don't see anything in your forecast.
            No, but it I think we are expecting pretty severe wind chills tonight. I don't know what caused the change. I first heard it this morning (too early, this morning..lol) but did not hear the first part of the announcement which might have had a reason for the change. No further info on the institution's site. Perhaps something relating to travel issues for LVC?

EDIT: I see that all classes at LVC are being taught remotely today "due to the anticipated storm."
            Last edited by UCBadger; 01-19-2024, 12:45 PM.
            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
            2009 D-III TOP runner-up

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
              Earth to fishy...come in please ! Are you ok ?
              Hey, old bud! Check your PM. Not interested in posting on this dumpster fire of a troll-fest anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Hey, old bud! Check your PM. Not interested in posting on this dumpster fire of a troll-fest anymore.
                Another narcissist sent to the dumpster because he can't handle disagreement. You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Comment

• Nubs you completely ruined this thread, it used to be fun, thanks alot !

Comment

• Are we surprised? No

Comment

• Originally posted by Pioneer247 View Post
                      Are we surprised? No
                      Anonymity makes some cowardly folks feel brave.

All I ever want do on this site is to learn about/discuss "our" team.

Not much you can do about a little weenie troll ruining that calculus like it's her job.

(And, to get to hockey, not overconfident about beating Stevenson, whatsoever. That's a pretty good team.)

Comment

Anonymity makes some cowardly folks feel brave.

All I ever want do on this site is to learn about/discuss "our" team.

Not much you can do about a little weenie troll ruining that calculus like it's her job.

(And, to get to hockey, not overconfident about beating Stevenson, whatsoever. That's a pretty good team.)
                        No a Stevenson loss wouldn't shock me in the slightest, they've looked great this year.

On the plus side for Utica, I think they've grown since the teams faced off in November, and Roberts is coming off back to back shutouts in net, which is re-assuring

Comment

• Originally posted by Pioneer247 View Post

No a Stevenson loss wouldn't shock me in the slightest, they've looked great this year.

On the plus side for Utica, I think they've grown since the teams faced off in November, and Roberts is coming off back to back shutouts in net, which is re-assuring
                          I fully expect you guys to beat Stevenson. Like you mention, Utica has been playing very well lately. Maybe not against super great competition, but Utica has been getting it done. Impressively.

Meanwhile, I'll be checking the women out at Nazareth.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

More misogynistic language? You promised to do better...

Comment

Meanwhile, I'll be checking the women out at Nazareth.
                              Not sure that came out the way you meant it to, Russ. LOL

But, I am really hoping Utica gets over the hill that is Naz this year.

2009 D-III TOP runner-up

Comment

I fully expect you guys to beat Stevenson. Like you mention, Utica has been playing very well lately. Maybe not against super great competition, but Utica has been getting it done. Impressively.
                                They have been playing well in spurts. They played well against Alvernia, however for the first 2 periods Wednesday they made Nazareth look awful good.

It comes back to how I have felt many years recently. They ride their talent all season long (and weak league) and don’t really need to work all that hard, but come playoffs they look slow because they never pick up to play at that playoff speed and compete level.

My prediction, as a die hard but critical UU fan, is a close win Saturday over Stevenson and then a first round exit in the NCAAs. I hope I’m wrong about the latter.

Comment

Working...
                                X