Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego Lakers 2023-24...Light The Lamp.....Lets go Lakers!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OZFEST
    replied
    Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post
    Ah yes the 40k by 2040 plan. Highly doubt most of that growth will be on campus students. In that same article he mentioned wanting more international students hes probably gonna expand online learning a lot and turn oz into a more international school. Cheaper to do it that way anyway vs having to build more dorms and buildings to accomodate more on campus students. I just hope this leads us to finding a super kid from middle of nowhere russia or scandanavia leading us back to a national title

I like the way you think.

Leave a comment:

• Lord_Zubin
    replied
    Ah yes the 40k by 2040 plan. Highly doubt most of that growth will be on campus students. In that same article he mentioned wanting more international students hes probably gonna expand online learning a lot and turn oz into a more international school. Cheaper to do it that way anyway vs having to build more dorms and buildings to accomodate more on campus students. I just hope this leads us to finding a super kid from middle of nowhere russia or scandanavia leading us back to a national title
    Last edited by Lord_Zubin; 03-15-2024, 07:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OZFEST
    replied
    Just read the article in Alumni magazine about our new university president, he has aggressive plans to actually grow the university, with goals of 11k undergrad, 4k grad. Interesting (and smart ) considering the current climate of contraction and closure.

Leave a comment:

• OZFEST
    replied
    Congrats to Shane Bull on signing in the ECHL with the Adirondack thunder and AJ Ryan on signing with the Birmingham Bulls down on the SPHL
    Adirondack sits in first place, so good for Mr. Bull. I actually caught a Solar Bears game last weekend, good hockey, better than what I've seen in the past. Off-ice entertainment is a little over the top at the Kia Center, but that's what people want these days.

Leave a comment:

• Lord_Zubin
    replied
    Congrats to Shane Bull on signing in the ECHL with the Adirondack thunder and AJ Ryan on signing with the Birmingham Bulls down on the SPHL

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    There's a reason cortlands 2 nicknames are sportland and the gym teacher college. Ur not from upstate NY unless u knew at least 1 gym teacher that went to suny Cortland.
    And you're not from upstate NY unless you knew at least one music teacher that went to Potsdam's Crane School of Music. :-)

Leave a comment:

• geneseo
    replied
    There's a reason cortlands 2 nicknames are sportland and the gym teacher college. Ur not from upstate NY unless u knew at least 1 gym teacher that went to suny Cortland.
    And several SUNYAC officials.

Leave a comment:

• Lord_Zubin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• geneseo
    replied
    Originally posted by spwood View Post

I didn't mean to offend. Yes, I intentionally exaggerated a bit to make the point. Why do you care? You aren't even in SUNYAC any more...
    Believe me, I wasn't offended. I don't invest that much in this forum. Just proud of my school.

Leave a comment:

• geneseo
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

spwood may have exagerated a bit, but typically Cortland is very, very good in sports in general (except till recently, hockey). Sure, there are ups and downs for various programs over the years, and like you said, Geneseo has done extremely well across the board in recent years.

But if you look at the consistency and national championships across the years, Cortland has earned a reputation for a reason.
    Yes, I agree. Cortland won the cup almost every year until Geneseo's 7 in a row.

Leave a comment:

• bakdraft21
    replied

Now this in both men and women. I know Cortland has always been a good sports school, but I want to know what they've been putting in the water there...
    FYI they also won the SUNYAC Championship in women's volleyball as well.....my daughter is looking at that as an option for volleyball :-))),I wonder if I could wear my green and gold glasses to the volleyball game????

Leave a comment:

• spwood
    replied
    Originally posted by geneseo View Post

Excuse me but they don't dominate every other sport, as evidenced by Geneseo's taking home the SUNYAC Commissioner's Cup for quite a few years now. That said, I think Cortland will get it back this year.
    I didn't mean to offend. Yes, I intentionally exaggerated a bit to make the point. Why do you care? You aren't even in SUNYAC any more...

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by geneseo View Post

Excuse me but they don't dominate every other sport, as evidenced by Geneseo's taking home the SUNYAC Commissioner's Cup for quite a few years now. That said, I think Cortland will get it back this year.
    spwood may have exagerated a bit, but typically Cortland is very, very good in sports in general (except till recently, hockey). Sure, there are ups and downs for various programs over the years, and like you said, Geneseo has done extremely well across the board in recent years.

But if you look at the consistency and national championships across the years, Cortland has earned a reputation for a reason.

Leave a comment:

• geneseo
    replied
    Originally posted by spwood View Post

Seems like a new commitment to hockey in recent years, either by the staff or by the school. Neither team comes way out of left field - both the men's and women's teams have had a good couple of years. They dominate every other sport - can't they let someone else have hockey?!?!

Leave a comment:

• spwood
    replied

Now this in both men and women. I know Cortland has always been a good sports school, but I want to know what they've been putting in the water there...
    Seems like a new commitment to hockey in recent years, either by the staff or by the school. Neither team comes way out of left field - both the men's and women's teams have had a good couple of years. They dominate every other sport - can't they let someone else have hockey?!?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X