Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego Lakers 2023-24...Light The Lamp.....Lets go Lakers!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dalton212 View Post

It doesn't matter who is in the net for Oswego, as they struggle to put the puck in the net. When your 4th line has NO Production YTD, and the third line last night has a total of two points, you will not win many games. I would love to know how the coaches scratch guys who have scored. I have said this before and will say it again, the game has changed and this coaching staff hasn't!
    Well we have not had the goal scoring going back for a while now,BUT many schools seem to be having the same problem, may be due to the fact that there are sooooo many new D3 teams?? This also really makes our Powerless play just that unfortunately,I am hoping that it's early in the season and the PP will get going....as for the line-up,I will have to defer to Coach G and Whitey on that, plenty of experience with those 2,I trust them as they see the players in practice every day, and you make your playing time in practice as well.....That said should be a good one tonight, after watching Milberg last night with his new pads, we could have a goalie battle which would be good for the team overall.....Go Lakers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

Well we have not had the goal scoring going back for a while now,BUT many schools seem to be having the same problem, may be due to the fact that there are sooooo many new D3 teams?? This also really makes our Powerless play just that unfortunately,I am hoping that it's early in the season and the PP will get going....as for the line-up,I will have to defer to Coach G and Whitey on that, plenty of experience with those 2,I trust them as they see the players in practice every day, and you make your playing time in practice as well.....That said should be a good one tonight, after watching Milberg last night with his new pads, we could have a goalie battle which would be good for the team overall.....Go Lakers!!!

IMO….Complacency gets you nowhere. Based on your thoughts, the kid should start again tonight in goal! Watch, Schell will start which will kill the other kids confidence! I have said this for years, OZ should dominate every season with National Championships, however skilled players have no desire to play for a dump-and-chase coach that plays head games with the players! ...Go Lakers....

Comment

Considering Brockport was the 1st time all year we hadn't scored 3 goals in a game and they're averaging 4 goals a game I don't think the offense is a problem this year. Considering a good d3 goalie these days has a GAA below 3 and save% around .900/.910 we don't need the 80s offense in this age of d3 hockey. PP definitely sucks for sure though
        Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post
          Considering Brockport was the 1st time all year we hadn't scored 3 goals in a game and they're averaging 4 goals a game I don't think the offense is a problem this year. Considering a good d3 goalie these days has a GAA below 3 and save% around .900/.910 we don't need the 80s offense in this age of d3 hockey. PP definitely sucks for sure though
          Watching the broadcast, pretty sparse crowd! Where is everybody?

Comment

Originally posted by WCHornet View Post

Out looking for our defense?

Comment

The 4 blind strips are giving the lakes a good screw job so far. Miss several balent Genny penalties, give them a penalty shot where we get nothing on the exact type of play. It's like they want to be the show. Tough to beat 2 teams at the same time. Also our goal judge looks like a turtle on a log at best. I don't know how many goals our goal judge has missed in the last 10 years. They just wait for the strip to motion a goal.
              Oswego '88

Comment

Originally posted by WCHornet View Post

Thanksgiving break started for students although will admit the locals did show up too bad they dont make that much noise
                Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                  The 4 blind strips are giving the lakes a good screw job so far. Miss several balent Genny penalties, give them a penalty shot where we get nothing on the exact type of play. It's like they want to be the show. Tough to beat 2 teams at the same time. Also our goal judge looks like a turtle on a log at best. I don't know how many goals our goal judge has missed in the last 10 years. They just wait for the strip to motion a goal.
                  Oswego '88
                  Looking at the game recap 6/12 min penalties for Geneseo 3/6 min penalties for Oswego.
                  Last edited by WCHornet; 11-18-2023, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I am just astonished at who the blind strips called this game . Oswego goes to the box for really soft sins. Bakers trip was the only no brainer call. If this game was called equally we would had many more PP that we would have not scored on. I wouldn't say Genny won this one,a but rather the Lakers lost it. No PP goals again. I thought it was equal play on both sides. Also to many missed chances that they have to make. Just my opinion
                    Oswego '88
                    ​​

Comment

• Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                      Oswego '88
                      Someone really needs some help with his spelling! Blame Harris for the loss if anyone.

Comment

• Several good comments on the past posts, the reffing was questionable at times, but what I noticed seems to be the linesmen always giving it to the Lakers on the draws,IIRC the visiting teams stick goes down first, then the home team?? That was not the case all night, and we lost many ozone and dzone draws, maybe its just me, ugh...We had no puck luck vs Bport and ZERO vs Genny,3 posts I counted and many blow chances, they had a few good chances and made good on the Penalty shot...we played a solid first 5 mins then a solid last 5 minutes, between that we took many minutes off that we were flat footed and slow....Powerplay was not good, look to shoot and crash the net...Schell and Harris were on their game......Yes where were the students,I guess another break or in their safe space???..we gave up way tooo many oddment rushes...we also need to finish our oddment rushes....Baker looked very good he had a "Good" penalty for sure.... As stated in a previous post,Offense is at a premium all around the league it seem.....Go Lakers!!!

Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-19-2023, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dalton212 View Post

IMO….Complacency gets you nowhere. Based on your thoughts, the kid should start again tonight in goal! Watch, Schell will start which will kill the other kids confidence! I have said this for years, OZ should dominate every season with National Championships, however skilled players have no desire to play for a dump-and-chase coach that plays head games with the players! ...Go Lakers....
                          Well not sure who should have started,Milberg played GREAT,but again I think the coaches see the players day in and day out in practice so they know better than me who gets the nod, and yes some of us old timers are longing for the days of Whitelaw,Rodrigues,and Moody, not to mention Gallati and Huslshof,who could put the puck past many a netminder and win championships......Still a long way to go, defense wins championships though, we will see......Go Lakers!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            Several good comments on the past posts, the reffing was questionable at times, but what I noticed seems to be the linesmen always giving it to the Lakers on the draws,IIRC the visiting teams stick goes down first, then the home team?? That was not the case all night, and we lost many ozone and dzone draws, maybe its just me, ugh...We had no puck luck vs Bport and ZERO vs Genny,3 posts I counted and many blow chances, they had a few good chances and made good on the Penalty shot...we played a solid first 5 mins then a solid last 5 minutes, between that we took many minutes off that we were flat footed and slow....Powerplay was not good, look to shoot and crash the net...Schell and Harris were on their game......Yes where were the students,I guess another break or in their safe space???..we gave up way tooo many oddment rushes...we also need to finish our oddment rushes....Baker looked very good he had a "Good" penalty for sure.... As stated in a previous post,Offense is at a premium all around the league it seem.....Go Lakers!!!

I'm sure our student numbers would have been low at Geneseo last night, with only Monday classes this week, though more would have stayed than otherwise if the opponent was Oswego. We play Elmira at home on Tuesday. Though it's Veteran's Night, I'm still expecting a pretty small crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by geneseo View Post

I'm sure our student numbers would have been low at Geneseo last night, with only Monday classes this week, though more would have stayed than otherwise if the opponent was Oswego. We play Elmira at home on Tuesday. Though it's Veteran's Night, I'm still expecting a pretty small crowd.
                              We dont even have classes monday at oswego and they forced everyone out of the dorms 8am yesterday. Considering we have far more freshman and sophomores than juniors and seniors due to covid, it was almost impossible for us to have any student section when like 2/3 of campus is forced to leave 12 hours before the game starts

Comment

• We were at last nights Geneseo’s game. Anyone who knows me will tell you I have little patience with poor officiating. We did not lose last nights game because of poor reffing. We were 0 for 4 on the PP. Four different players hit the pipes. At least that many missed open shots in the net. Geneseo had no fewer than six clean breaks behind our defense. Schell was very good in goal but you will never win scoring one goal a game. The Lakers are a very talented group and it is frustrating to see them playing a this kind of hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X