Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego Lakers 2023-24...Light The Lamp.....Lets go Lakers!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • well didnt end like we wanted to but sh*t happens, as stated the no goal was not a call to make in D3 semi final game, but unfortunately some refs like to seen ,when they are best when they are not noticed...again sh*t happens......Good luck to the outgoing members of the team,maybe a few will stick around?? BIG class will be coming in next year along with a few promising returning members....Looking forward to my daughter's remainder of the travel volleyball season, hope the best for the YAC teams going forward........GO LAKERS!!!!.......p.s not a good night for the Lakers as the b ball lost as well, but will be in the NCAAs for sure with an at large bid as they were ranked #5 in the land,,,,

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

      Poor guy, your thread is about to die too because your seasons over
      lol, Ill make sure to keep the thread alive. ;-)))))

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

        Lets just say the reffing in D3 is sub par ...as for the no goal, you don't call that goal off ,once again sub par....as far as the game, good game lots of everything,Oswego carried most of the game but shots on goal etc don't mean jack in the end......
        Like I said not good reffing but at the end of the day the team definitely deserved an outcome like this one. My favorite part in all this is how friendly geneseo and Oswego fans have suddenly become with each other within the past 12 hours
        Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post

          Like I said not good reffing but at the end of the day the team definitely deserved an outcome like this one. My favorite part in all this is how friendly geneseo and Oswego fans have suddenly become with each other within the past 12 hours
          Cortland played to win last night, but they definitely got considerable help from the linesmen. The first Cortland goal was an absolute howler of an offsides miss.

          I've always had great respect for Oswego fans.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by geneseo View Post

            Cortland played to win last night, but they definitely got considerable help from the linesmen. The first Cortland goal was an absolute howler of an offsides miss.
            Watching the play at full speed on video, it happened so fast, I can see how the ref doesn't turn in time to properly line himself up to make the call. In some ways, it's similar to how soccer refs don't always see offsides because of the speed of the play. (As a former certified soccer ref, I know...)

            As for Oswego, one thing I noticed after watching replays over and over again when I got home, is that both Plattsburgh goals were the direct result of Oswego being unable to clear the zone. In both cases, they had control of the puck, but could not manage to get out of their zone. Plattsburgh got the puck back, and the rest is history. That's what really caused the Plattsburgh goals. Anything else is white noise.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post
              Literally penalties wasn't the problem it was the no call goal that even d3 hockey news was like hey that really wasn't a good call and he's super anti oz. Geneseo also got absolutely jobbed on a non offsides call but you know I guess Utica fans need to talk somewhere cause their own thread died.
              You know he’s literally an Oswego student, right? He’s critical of Oswego when they deserve criticism, but avoids praising them too much to avoid appearing biased toward the Lakers.

              That said: the refs let a LOT go last night, which is to be expected of playoff hockey to an extent. In terms of penalties, the bad calls each way pretty much washed out. But I will concede that the no-goal against Oswego was one of the biggest blown calls I’ve seen all season, IMO.

              As for my fellow Plattsburgh fan complaining about the first goal: the broadcast doesn’t have a clear view of whether it was offsides, but it was close enough that I would tend to defer to the linesman who is in position to see that. But the claim that he held the puck for 2-3 seconds is obviously false, as the time the puck was off camera where he would have played it at the line was about 1 sec and by the time it’s back in frame he’s already released the puck. And the suggestion of a hand pass is irrelevant: the player who touched the puck with his hand at the blue was also the next player to play the puck with his stick, wiping out any hand pass situation. That looked like a valid goal to me, and the Plattsburgh D shouldn’t be leaving a guy all alone near the crease like that.

              I’m obviously thrilled Plattsburgh won, but anyone who thinks the refs favored the Lakers last night needs to take off the red-tinted glasses.
              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post

                You know he’s literally an Oswego student, right? He’s critical of Oswego when they deserve criticism, but avoids praising them too much to avoid appearing biased toward the Lakers.

                That said: the refs let a LOT go last night, which is to be expected of playoff hockey to an extent. In terms of penalties, the bad calls each way pretty much washed out. But I will concede that the no-goal against Oswego was one of the biggest blown calls I’ve seen all season, IMO.

                As for my fellow Plattsburgh fan complaining about the first goal: the broadcast doesn’t have a clear view of whether it was offsides, but it was close enough that I would tend to defer to the linesman who is in position to see that. But the claim that he held the puck for 2-3 seconds is obviously false, as the time the puck was off camera where he would have played it at the line was about 1 sec and by the time it’s back in frame he’s already released the puck. And the suggestion of a hand pass is irrelevant: the player who touched the puck with his hand at the blue was also the next player to play the puck with his stick, wiping out any hand pass situation. That looked like a valid goal to me, and the Plattsburgh D shouldn’t be leaving a guy all alone near the crease like that.

                I’m obviously thrilled Plattsburgh won, but anyone who thinks the refs favored the Lakers last night needs to take off the red-tinted glasses.
                Adults in the room. This and Russell's take.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

                  Watching the play at full speed on video, it happened so fast, I can see how the ref doesn't turn in time to properly line himself up to make the call. In some ways, it's similar to how soccer refs don't always see offsides because of the speed of the play. (As a former certified soccer ref, I know...)

                  As for Oswego, one thing I noticed after watching replays over and over again when I got home, is that both Plattsburgh goals were the direct result of Oswego being unable to clear the zone. In both cases, they had control of the puck, but could not manage to get out of their zone. Plattsburgh got the puck back, and the rest is history. That's what really caused the Plattsburgh goals. Anything else is white noise.
                  that and we did NOT cover their points......all 3 goals by Dmen 2 from the point and 1 allowed to slip in and short side it....

                  Comment


                  • As with any outcome when you lose and after the game you say goodbye to the 13 seniors it is a bitter taste. This Lakers team had the ability to beat the best teams all year and at the same time lose to un ranked teams. Saturday night we had an experienced ref and a rookie ref who just got his stripe. That can be a recipe for disaster. The disallowed deflected goal and the Plattsburgh high stick goal should both have had different calls. To see and know collegiate athletes sacrifice daily with studies and practice is nothing new, but when we see an official who refuses to talk to his colleagues that is very difficult to accept. The videos after are a luxury the refs do not have.
                    I want to say the level of community help from this entire team was totally unselfish. They are a great group of young men and we wish the seniors much good luck in their futures

                    Comment


                    • Wait they put a rookie in a playoff Oswego platty game??? What idiot thought that was a good idea u put the rookie in literally any other sunyac matchup besides an Oswego platty game.
                      Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by lakont55 View Post
                        As with any outcome when you lose and after the game you say goodbye to the 13 seniors it is a bitter taste. This Lakers team had the ability to beat the best teams all year and at the same time lose to un ranked teams. Saturday night we had an experienced ref and a rookie ref who just got his stripe. That can be a recipe for disaster. The disallowed deflected goal and the Plattsburgh high stick goal should both have had different calls. To see and know collegiate athletes sacrifice daily with studies and practice is nothing new, but when we see an official who refuses to talk to his colleagues that is very difficult to accept. The videos after are a luxury the refs do not have.
                        I want to say the level of community help from this entire team was totally unselfish. They are a great group of young men and we wish the seniors much good luck in their futures
                        Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref ! That has been the biggest cheer of the year, sorry but it gets old.

                        Comment


                        • I guess the big question for the Lakers is to see if any of the seniors come back as a grad student. I think this is the last class that can use the co-vid waver for a 5th year. Hey hornet I know you are a platty fan but you guys in the burg complain about the refs just as much as anyone. If and only if our no goal was allowed you would be complaining about the ref's.
                          Oswego '88

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                            I guess the big question for the Lakers is to see if any of the seniors come back as a grad student. I think this is the last class that can use the co-vid waver for a 5th year. Hey hornet I know you are a platty fan but you guys in the burg complain about the refs just as much as anyone. If and only if our no goal was allowed you would be complaining about the ref's.
                            Oswego '88
                            They do have an extra year but as much as that's a horrible way for ur hockey career to end the past 2 years have shown that if they decide to leave they're pretty much going to leave. The only guy who reversed his decision was bunka and he was given the C. These guys are 24/25 years old and they're families have sunk god knows how many 1000s of dollars into hockey. Throw in a not so great Canadian economy right now and I just don't see it.
                            Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by WCHornet View Post

                              Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref ! That has been the biggest cheer of the year, sorry but it gets old.
                              Not sure who WCHornet is but I can assure that I know lakont55 and my guess would be that lakont55 has forgotten more about hockey than most people know, and has SURELY seen more than most,if he says the reffing was ,to use my term subpar ,than it was.....and I'll throw in DIII's 50yrs of hockey experience as well..... subpar.....the refs should not be a part of the game its always best if you don't know who reffed the game...OK as you were.....if anymore debate is needed please go to the Utica thread and ask Fish...LOL. ;-)))))
                              Last edited by bakdraft21; 02-28-2024, 08:19 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                                I guess the big question for the Lakers is to see if any of the seniors come back as a grad student. I think this is the last class that can use the co-vid waver for a 5th year. Hey hornet I know you are a platty fan but you guys in the burg complain about the refs just as much as anyone. If and only if our no goal was allowed you would be complaining about the ref's.
                                Oswego '88
                                Count the posts with complaints this year, I am not the only one that sees it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X