Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego Lakers 2023-24...Light The Lamp.....Lets go Lakers!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The post regarding Oswego fans complaint about poor referring, for your information those two ref’s called one of the worst games any of us have ever seen. There was an Official at the game last night and he was visibly upset with their poor calls, and the no calls. They missed a lot of calls, his words not mine.
    Cortland forwards are very good and I don’t understand why they do not beat other teams with winning records

Comment

• I don't usually complain about the refs- it's a tough job that I sure wouldn't be up to. That said, last night's game was "below average" reffing.

However, it wasn't the reffing that lost the game for us, it was that Cortland played better than us all night in all areas of the game- except goaltending. Passing, defense, shot selection, zone time, you name it. If Cal hadn't played spectacularly it could have easily been 4-1. Particularly in the OT- they came out with the bit between their collective teeth and didn't back off. They almost scored on their first rush.

It's official- Cortland is for real. They beat us three times this year (I don't want to hear about the "tie"- at the end of the night they had one more goal than us). Genny is leaving the SUNYAC, but Cortland has stepped up to a new "top three" team in the conference. Get used to it.

As it turned out since Platty lost the game didn't mean anything for either team- except bragging rights.
      Oswego State 1980 Grad
      (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

• Originally posted by JSicedog View Post
        I’ve never seen a collective group of fans complain about refs more than Oswego fans. Its every game. Take the L.
        RIT fans say, "hold my beer."
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
          As it turned out since Platty lost the game didn't mean anything for either team- except bragging rights.
          Plattsburgh won yesterday.

I'm still trying to figure out the tie-breakers. Yes, Oswego beat Plattsburgh both times, so you would think they owned the tie-breaker. But it wasn't till the end of the night when the SUNYAC showed Oswego clinching second place even though the two teams can still tie just like before Friday even happened. Which makes me think the OT loss is what did it, since it's not a full loss, even though the standings say otherwise.

I know the SUNYAC had changed their tie-breaker rules a few years ago to some bizarre scenarios, and then kept them as a State secret. But, based on what happened down the stretch, I fear the head-to-head rule is not used. Which should be the very first tie-breaker in any league anywhere in the world.
          Russell Jaslow

Comment

• I believe head to head is the 1st tiebreaker. 1st tiebreaker certainly isn't goal differential other wise wed have to until tonight to figure out the seeds. Same thing if the tiebreaker was regulation wins wed have to wait until tonights results. I also remember back in 2021-2022 when they gave geneseo the #1 seed over oswego despite playing one less game because buff state had some COVID problems and buff state was already elminated. Geneseo owned the tiebreaker back then and both teams finished with 12 conference wins all in regulation.
            Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

• SUNYAC bracket is up, we got the tiebreaker, and we get the bye.

Comment

• Pack the Max on Friday for hoops
                Pack the Deb on Sat for pucks
                Go hard at em, Go Lakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                  Pack the Max on Friday for hoops
                  Pack the Deb on Sat for pucks
                  Go hard at em, Go Lakers.
                  Wish I could get up there......need to win to advance anywhere, should be a great game sat night vs the birds, if we pull off a win, then we are 0-5 vs both cort and genny combined, but due for a win,so there YAC champs already. LOL...GO LAKERS !!!!!

Comment

• Congrats to Quinn Warmuth Tyler Flack and Shane Bull for all SUNYAC first team as well as Cal Schell for 3rd team all SUNYAC
                    Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

• Can a top 25 team beat a top 10 team three times in a season? Tune in Saturday to find out!
                      Oswego State 1980 Grad
                      (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

Wish I could get up there......need to win to advance anywhere, should be a great game sat night vs the birds, if we pull off a win, then we are 0-5 vs both cort and genny combined, but due for a win,so there YAC champs already. LOL...GO LAKERS !!!!!
                        And Plattsburgh is due for a win against you guys. It goes both ways…
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Platty isn't due for a win. Russ look at the all time record between the 2. No one was saying the Lakers were due in the 87 championship game. That put platty 6-0 vs the Lakers for that season, booooo. The cards hold like a 50 win advantage.
                          Oswego '88

Comment

• Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                            Platty isn't due for a win. Russ look at the all time record between the 2. No one was saying the Lakers were due in the 87 championship game. That put platty 6-0 vs the Lakers for that season, booooo. The cards hold like a 50 win advantage.
                            Oswego '88
                            So there really was a championship game in 87. I thought my VHS of that game was made up!

Comment

• Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
                              Platty isn't due for a win. Russ look at the all time record between the 2. No one was saying the Lakers were due in the 87 championship game. That put platty 6-0 vs the Lakers for that season, booooo. The cards hold like a 50 win advantage.
                              Oswego '88
                              You totally missed the point.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by WCHornet View Post
                                So there really was a championship game in 87. I thought my VHS of that game was made up!
                                Not one that counted at least

Comment

Working...
                                X