Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego Lakers 2023-24...Light The Lamp.....Lets go Lakers!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just checking in from a completely biased perspective...

OSU was the better team tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post
      The Cardiac Lakers strike again, losing to an inferior conference opponent one night, and then beating the #4 team in the country the next night. To be fair the cortland goalie channeled his inner dominic hasek and made some UNREAL saves. Also worth noting Cal Schell wasnt even in Oswego saturday as he got sent home early with an illness which in part explains the terrible night (although the terrible defense and other wordly goaltending from cortland certainly explain a lot more)
      Update Richie Parent wasnt there either and Noah Bull was the EBUG for the Utica Game literally duct taped his name across the back of richies jersey. You can also see it at the 1:53:00 of the wtop10 livestram on youtube. Its entirely possible the senior 3rd string has decided to hang them up at the college level, id imagine well find out soon
      Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

• Word on the street was that Richie is not quite back from an injury and Cal fell ill last night before the game. Maybe made Coach's decision easier, but it all worked out in the end. It made for an "entertaining" warm-up session.

Tough team to figure out this year. A+ wins against #2 and #4, with a real clunker (against a very good Cortland team) thrown in in between? Go figure. Last night was the best I've seen them play in a while. Milberg held the fort and (finally) the defense supported him. Real intensity up front.

Rest up boys, a possible re-match with Cortland in the tourny.
        Oswego State 1980 Grad
        (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

• Watched the game on my phone as dad was in the hospital, from what I saw it was MUCH better than the night before......as stated go figure lose to Cortland who I said would be a tough game and beat the #4 team.....I guess we only get up for the BIG games, thats not a good sign we have many many seniors, half the team, they need to step up and get the team up vs team that are not in the top 10 ;-))....So not a bad first half of the season,goona have to win the YAC games to get some sort of home ice........GO Lakers!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            as stated go figure lose to Cortland who I said would be a tough game and beat the #4 team.....I guess we only get up for the BIG games, thats not a good sign we have many many seniors, half the team, they need to step up and get the team up vs team that are not in the top 10
            Hey backdraft- from an "inside the team" perspective, how do you explain that?
            Oswego State 1980 Grad

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              Watched the game on my phone as dad was in the hospital, from what I saw it was MUCH better than the night before......as stated go figure lose to Cortland who I said would be a tough game and beat the #4 team.....I guess we only get up for the BIG games, thats not a good sign we have many many seniors, half the team, they need to step up and get the team up vs team that are not in the top 10 ;-))....So not a bad first half of the season,goona have to win the YAC games to get some sort of home ice........GO Lakers!!!!!
              Folks, Cortland is 9-2-0 overall right now. People really need to stop "overlooking" them thinking they are the Cortland of old.

Now that Cortland is in the Oswego Tournament, something I complained about early in the season, LOL, it suddenly becomes very interesting again.

My thoughts are with your dad.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• [QUOTE=Russell Jaslow;n3846312]

Folks, Cortland is 9-2-0 overall right now. People really need to stop "overlooking" them thinking they are the Cortland of old.

I think I already said that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  I think I already said that.
                  People aren't listening to us. At least not Oswego fans... :-)
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

People aren't listening to us. At least not Oswego fans... :-)
                    Cortland is 9-2 cause they're schedule has been an absolute joke so far. They only have 2 wins over teams with winning records. U swap Neuman, Lebanon Valley, and wilkes with #1 Hobart #3 Elmira and #7 utica and I'd bet u 20$ they're 6-5 instead and were not having this conversation.
                    Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post

Cortland is 9-2 cause they're schedule has been an absolute joke so far. They only have 2 wins over teams with winning records. U swap Neuman, Lebanon Valley, and wilkes with #1 Hobart #3 Elmira and #7 utica and I'd bet u 20$ they're 6-5 instead and were not having this conversation.
                      Sure. But would a Cortland team a few years ago have a 9-2 record against that same schedule?

And didn't Cortland just beat Oswego? I think there is enough proof in the pudding that Oswego fans keep wanting to ignore them at their own peril.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Sure. But would a Cortland team a few years ago have a 9-2 record against that same schedule?

And didn't Cortland just beat Oswego? I think there is enough proof in the pudding that Oswego fans keep wanting to ignore them at their own peril.
                        They gave Geneseo a big scare, too, dominating the last two periods.
                        Last edited by geneseo; 12-11-2023, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geneseo View Post

They gave Geneseo a big scare, too, dominating the last two periods.
                          I was talking to a SUNYAC coach this past weekend. He is very impressed with Cortland.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

• I for one was not overlooking Cortland- but I don't think they're a Utica or Plattsburgh (yet). Oswego played poorly against Cortland but played very well against the other two- in a short frame of time. Inquiring minds want to know.
                            Oswego State 1980 Grad

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                              I for one was not overlooking Cortland- but I don't think they're a Utica or Plattsburgh (yet). Oswego played poorly against Cortland but played very well against the other two- in a short frame of time. Inquiring minds want to know.
                              I agree. Oswego is definitely a bit inconsistent this semester.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
                                I for one was not overlooking Cortland- but I don't think they're a Utica or Plattsburgh (yet). Oswego played poorly against Cortland but played very well against the other two- in a short frame of time. Inquiring minds want to know.
                                And this is the progression. They are knocking on the door of that level of respectability. They are undeniably 2 point out of first place at the halfway point of the SUNYAC season. Anyone want to say they don't have a chance to win the regular season title? They are not that easy game the weekend you play Oswego anymore. It's the toughest weekend, hands down, in SUNYAC.
                                Steve
                                Penn State Class of '95
                                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                                X