Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica Hockey more D1 speculation less Fish/Nubs d-baggery

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Pioneer247 View Post

    That has already been approved by the NCAA pending the hockey program getting a D1 conference home
    There is no official announcement of any of this yet though correct? Just rumors? I know there was that talk about a new D1 conference with Lindenwood, Stonehill, and maybe some reclassified NE10 schools - and Utica. But that is all, right? Or have I missed it.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by SNHUPenman View Post

      There is no official announcement of any of this yet though correct? Just rumors? I know there was that talk about a new D1 conference with Lindenwood, Stonehill, and maybe some reclassified NE10 schools - and Utica. But that is all, right? Or have I missed it.
      do they need a conference, or can they just go independent???

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

        do they need a conference, or can they just go independent???
        They won't go independent. Its AHA or nothing.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

          do they need a conference, or can they just go independent???
          I believe to go Indy they'd need to move ALL sports up still. Silly NCAA and their rule on one division. If they found a division I think they could go and play D2, but have hockey at D1. I could be off on a few points, and I am hoping these rules change with sports governance reform.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by SNHUPenman View Post

            I believe to go Indy they'd need to move ALL sports up still. Silly NCAA and their rule on one division. If they found a division I think they could go and play D2, but have hockey at D1. I could be off on a few points, and I am hoping these rules change with sports governance reform.
            No. What status your conference affiliation is has nothing to do with the rule of D2 hockey teams being allowed to play D1. Because independents can still make the NCAA playoffs (see Arizona State a few year ago) and thus since there is no D2 national tournament, that is the original reason why D2 schools can have their hockey teams play D1. Regardless of conference or no affiliation. Of course, Utica has to move their entire athletic program to D2 no matter what for their hockey team to play anywhere in D1, but we already know that is the plan.
            Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 10-12-2023, 02:54 PM.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

              do they need a conference, or can they just go independent???
              Sure they can. But apparently Utica has made the decision that if they can't get into the AHA, they won't go D1.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

              Comment


              • #67
                How close are we to knowing whether Utica will be accepted into Atlantic Hockey?

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by dhammond View Post
                  How close are we to knowing whether Utica will be accepted into Atlantic Hockey?
                  Well, considering this has been going on for at least two years, I can come up with many snarky answers to your question...
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X