Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VTpucksouteast View Post
    There’s going to end up being like 1 at-large bid
    I figured that would happen with the lowering of the auto-bid requirement plus all the new schools.

Comment

Originally posted by VTpucksouteast View Post
      There’s going to end up being like 1 at-large bid
      I hope that's not the case - some conferences are just too strong relative to some of the weaker ones to not have a few at large spots.
      Last edited by HockeyFan2000; 08-25-2023, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyFan2000 View Post

I hope that's note the case - some conferences are just too strong relative to some of the weaker ones to not have a few at large spots.
        Football is already at that situation. Out of a 32 team field, there are 28 automatic bids. Which means some very, very good teams are left out, as some pretty poor teams from weak conferences get in.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyFan2000 View Post

I hope that's note the case - some conferences are just too strong relative to some of the weaker ones to not have a few at large spots.
          Under the current setup, the top 9-10 PWR teams make it to the tournament. While it is a 12 team tournament, it's hard to say that anybody outside of the top 10 has a legit complaint about missing the field. If we were to start seeing teams in the top 8 routinely miss the tournament, then we would be in a position where at large bids are seriously hurting the strength of the field.
          5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
          2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Is the men’s NCAA Tournament field expanding to 13 teams this year? I believe we have enough teams to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by dhammond View Post
              Is the men’s NCAA Tournament field expanding to 13 teams this year? I believe we have enough teams to make it happen.
              I believe when it goes up, it will go up to 14.
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Its been announced that New England College is joining the LEC when the conference begins in 2025-2026 which will leave the NEHC with 6 teams all very spread far apart which i believe is the dealth nail for this conference. While teams like hobart elmira work with the UCHC babson with the CCC/Mascac/LEC and honestly norwich with the LEC fits great who knows where skdimore and albertus magnus end up https://littleeast.com/news/2024/2/8...hip-sport.aspx
                Last edited by Lord_Zubin; 02-13-2024, 06:51 PM.
                Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post
                  Its been announced that New England College is joining the LEC when the conference begins in 2025-2026 which will leave the NEHC with 6 teams all very spread far apart which i believe is the dealth nail for this conference. While teams like hobart elmira work with the UCHC babson with the CCC/Mascac/LEC and honestly norwich with the LEC fits great who knows where skdimore and albertus magnus end up https://littleeast.com/news/2024/2/8...hip-sport.aspx
                  The holdup for Norwich would be there are not enough women's teams in the LEC for an autobid yet. And if SUNYAC loses more teams, Plattsburgh COULD come to the NEHC (and would be welcomed).

Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post

The holdup for Norwich would be there are not enough women's teams in the LEC for an autobid yet. And if SUNYAC loses more teams, Plattsburgh COULD come to the NEHC (and would be welcomed).
                    Norwich and Plattsburgh as travel partners would be good!

Comment

Originally posted by Norwich59
                      Salve Regina is joining the NEHC next season also.
                      Johnson and Wales is leaving for the ccc so that's an even swap
                      Oswego 22' and 23' Student Section Leader 2022-2024. If you heard a weird or offensive chant during an Oswego Hockey Broadcast during that time... odds are my friend Tim and I started it.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post

LEC will have enough teams for an womens autobid starting 2027-2028 but u are right for 2 years their conference will not have a womens autobid according to the article

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Zubin View Post
                          When St. John Fisher starts their team, the Empire 8 will have enough full members playing hockey to sanction hockey. And if they do, by E8 bylaws, those teams have to play in the E8 hockey conference. This means Elmira would move over. So would Utica (talk about a conference death knell, as that could do in the UCHC since Brockport and Geneseo would also have to go to the E8).

I also know that Hobart (and presumably William Smith) are asking around to see if any conference would be open to the idea of having them as affiliate members for hockey. Of course, they need to be pro-active in times like these.

As for Plattsburgh, they can't go anywhere unless the whole school leaves SUNYAC. If that happens, what all sports conference would they join? And would that conference not have hockey, allowing the hockey team to join NEHC?
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I feel like the empire 8 would just absorb the UCHC kinda like what the sunyac did for the newhl on the women's side yeah it's a bunch of paperwork and name changes but at the end of the day it will pretty much be the same conference. also goodbye to the nehc for sure then it will be interesting to see where these teams end up

Comment

Skidmore and Norwich could affiliate with the SUNYAC for hockey. They would geographically fit in really well with Plattsburgh, Potsdam and Canton

Empire 8 could take Hobart, even if its just to add William Smith to give them six on the women's side (this assumes they accept Hilbert as an affiliate for WHKY as they have for football):

E8 Women:

Elmira
                              Utica
                              Nazareth
                              William Smith
                              St. John Fisher
                              Hilbert

It would leave Manhattanville in the NYC outer suburbs and Pittsburgh-area Chatham without a home...they technically would be entitled to a two year grace period with the UCHC's autobid but I can't imagine the NCAA letting that happen...I am cackling at the thought of Manhattanville and Chatham deciding to be a conference of 2 for a couple of seasons and the rage people would have seeing them get a Pool A bid...
                              Last edited by Scott_TG; 02-14-2024, 12:54 AM.

Comment

The sunyac could take Skidmore and Norwich but they kinda have a track record of not allowing anybody other than suny schools in their conference even as affiliate members

Comment

Working...
                                X