X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s Go Gulls!!!!

Comment

As the World (of hockey) turns

Most interesting fact (for me) of this post-season ... 3 of the 4 semi-finalists' programs did not even exist in the 20th century!

Comment

This was a really fun game to watch. A great come back and heart from Utica. If Utica did win, then the discussion would have been did Utica win or did UNE loose. I hope that UNE's coach doesn't think about playing the defensive style down the stretch anymore. You got that lead by playing your game don't change until the other team adjusts. The winning goal looked like it went off the goalie from the throw out behind the net. Tough to see on the stream. The old saying of you can't score if you don't shoot is just to TRUE. Congrats UNE on a great win.
        Oswego'88

Comment

Originally posted by DIIIFan View Post
          This was a really fun game to watch. A great come back and heart from Utica. If Utica did win, then the discussion would have been did Utica win or did UNE loose. I hope that UNE's coach doesn't think about playing the defensive style down the stretch anymore. You got that lead by playing your game don't change until the other team adjusts. The winning goal looked like it went off the goalie from the throw out behind the net. Tough to see on the stream. The old saying of you can't score if you don't shoot is just to TRUE. Congrats UNE on a great win.
          Oswego'88
          Utica was the much better team, except in goal.

I've had season tickets for all 22 years, and this guy is not up to snuff.

Still, a fun enough year.

FORE!!!

Comment

Frankly, what this playoff season shows is the strength of all the participating teams. Some very good hockey and games that could have gone either way. The pill is most bitter in the close games.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I may need to delete this…
              Nah. You were right initially.

Comment

There's a day off between semis (3/24) and final (3/26). When did this start?

Visit Salem. Lots of history and a good eating.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  There's a day off between semis (3/24) and final (3/26). When did this start?

Visit Salem. Lots of history and a good eating.
                  This year!
                  2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                  2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                  2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                  2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                  2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                  Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                  1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post

This year!
                    Both genders.

And they are doing it for D3 basketball as well.
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Both genders.

And they are doing it for D3 basketball as well.
                      There is no such thing as gender.

Look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

There is no such thing as gender.

Look it up.
                        Looked it up there are 3 definitions of gender to pick from:

1. A grammatical category, often designated as male, female, or neuter, used in the classification of nouns, pronouns, adjectives, and, in some languages, verbs that may be arbitrary or based on characteristics such as sex or animacy and that determines agreement with or selection of modifiers, referents, or grammatical forms.
                        2. The fact of being classified as belonging to such a category.
                        3. Either of the two divisions, designated female and male, by which most organisms are classified on the basis of their reproductive organs and functions; sex.

The American Heritage? Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

Comment

Is Utica playing in the early game or the late game today?

Comment

I used to follow d3 men's hockey religiously, but have clearly lost touch with game in recent years. I know Hobart because I'm from central ny originally, but I had to look up the other schools to learn where they were located. We'll I was pretty sure that UNE was in New England and I correctly guessed Maine, but I couldn't name the town. The hockey landscape has definitely changed. I presume that the change is for the better. Best of luck to all of the players and coaches through the rest of the championship tourney!

Comment

7-7 UNE and Adrian? What the heck is going on in that game? I can't get the feed. Hoping it's just because they're between periods.

Comment

Adrian advances 8-7 with a PPG in overtime.
                                Adrian College Bulldogs!
                                MCHA Champs & Harris Cup Champions: 2008, '09, '10, '11
                                NCAA Tournament: 2010, '11

AC '09

Comment

Working...
                                X