Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Yeah, I don't get that either.
    I waited until it was brought up before I said anything. They looked like someone put chlorine bleach in the color wash.

Comment

In regards to Hobart's unis-"Coming soon to an arena near you...PYLONS ON ICE!"
      There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by WCHornet View Post

Honestly, I don't think that was deserving of a 5 minute penalty. That was all they could call because Krug asked for a review. It was that or nothing.
        The refs should have blown their whistles because a player was in a dangerous position and then proceed to a neutral face off. The call could have easily gone against Adrian for delay of the game as the player made no attempt to get up. Don't understand why a major was called just because Krug asked for a review. I don't know why the ref didn't call it when it happened, they didn't see it or just wanted to let the guys play on. If it was a penalty, and the operative word is "if", it would have been a two minute minor, much less harsh then a 5. I don't know what to think of the coach's decision to ask for a review. He's either very smart and strategic, or a lowlife coach who would do anything to win a game. I don't understand an ounce of how this played out. Can someone a lot more hockey wise explain it to me? Seems to me UNE lost unfairly because a technical rule backfired.
        Last edited by 17'sfanNU; 03-25-2023, 01:56 AM.
        There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post

The refs should have blown their whistles because a player was in a dangerous position and then proceed to a neutral face off. The call could have easily gone against Adrian for delay of the game as the player made no attempt to get up. Don't understand why a major was called just because Krug asked for a review. I don't know why the ref didn't call it when it happened, they didn't see it or just wanted to let the guys play on. If it was a penalty, and the operative word is "if", it would have been a two minute minor, much less harsh then a 5. I don't know what to think of the coach's decision to ask for a review. He's either very smart and strategic, or a lowlife coach who would do anything to win a game. I don't understand an ounce of how this played out. Can someone a lot more hockey wise explain it to me? Seems to me UNE lost unfairly because a technical rule backfired.
          It's Krug. It's the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Yeah, I don't get that either.
            The winning percentage since introducing the all orange uniforms has been awesome! The opponents are so distracted by the flashing pumpkins on skates that we have a significant advantage. We love it, they hate it......works for me. Wait til you see the All Purple uniforms tomorrow hight. FEAR THE ORANGE AND PURPLE ......OWN THE UGLY AND WIN THE GAME.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartman View Post

The winning percentage since introducing the all orange uniforms has been awesome! The opponents are so distracted by the flashing pumpkins on skates that we have a significant advantage. We love it, they hate it......works for me. Wait til you see the All Purple uniforms tomorrow hight. FEAR THE ORANGE AND PURPLE ......OWN THE UGLY AND WIN THE GAME.
              I never minded the purple ones. But that orange … gag me.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Great atmosphere for the Hobart/Endicott game last night. Place was packed and that is a great rink. Endicott fans came out in force....and Hobart fans definitely took all 300 of the tickets we were allotted...and we were loud. Wasn't a foot of empty space in the whole barn- had to have been fun for the players to play in front of. One thing I will note - the ice didn't look to be up to par? There were very noticeable spots (of decent size) in each zone where the ice never set up and stayed wet. Don't think it impacted the game...but it was noticeable.

Great game - two very skilled, fast, well coached teams. I think Endicott was definitely trying to push a physical / chippy style...but you could see that team also had a ton of skill in the line up. Every single whistle had an Endicott player (or two) going after a Hobart player - nothing dirty - just clearly trying to get our guys off their game. Overall the game was a great display of size, speed and skill.

Shots were even but, from my POV, Hobart carried a bit more of the play overall and had more "grade A" chances. Especially in the first - Hobart had 3-4 really good looks but missed the net over and over again (and Patterson rang one of the post with a mid-slot shot we've seen him bury several times this year). The second period was Endicott's best....they definitely had some stretches where they could have banged another goal or two home and changed the game all together. They missed the net by inches in the closing seconds of the second period...that puck goes in and who knows how the third plays out. Hobart's second goal on the power play in the third was absolutely gorgeous. I had a perfect vantage point on that one. Great look from Shell to see the seem through the box - he zipped a perfectly placed pass to Mourar and he hammered the one timer. Absolutely no chance for the Endicott goalie as he got all of it and place just under the cross bar on the short side.

Maybe I am biased, but I do think the better team won. That is no dig at Endicott...that is a VERY good hockey team...I just think Hobart had the edge overall. That is a tough rink to win a game in...kudos to Coach Taylor and the boys for staying focused and getting the job done. The next one won't be any easier...

As far as the uniforms go...no idea why they pulled navy blue out of the gear. I've talked to a bunch of hockey alumn...nobody minds the home uniform. But the away unis are definitely polarizing, some guys love them for being unique and others think they are too flashy. I imagine from a players perspective they love them - nobody looks anything like them and it has to be easier to spot their teammates in the periphery with that crazy orange. Call 'em pumpkins, pylons...I don't care...I'm just hoping we get to call them national champions!

GO 'Bart!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by llama View Post
                  Great atmosphere for the Hobart/Endicott game last night. Place was packed and that is a great rink. Endicott fans came out in force....and Hobart fans definitely took all 300 of the tickets we were allotted...and we were loud. Wasn't a foot of empty space in the whole barn- had to have been fun for the players to play in front of. One thing I will note - the ice didn't look to be up to par? There were very noticeable spots (of decent size) in each zone where the ice never set up and stayed wet. Don't think it impacted the game...but it was noticeable.

Great game - two very skilled, fast, well coached teams. I think Endicott was definitely trying to push a physical / chippy style...but you could see that team also had a ton of skill in the line up. Every single whistle had an Endicott player (or two) going after a Hobart player - nothing dirty - just clearly trying to get our guys off their game. Overall the game was a great display of size, speed and skill.

Shots were even but, from my POV, Hobart carried a bit more of the play overall and had more "grade A" chances. Especially in the first - Hobart had 3-4 really good looks but missed the net over and over again (and Patterson rang one of the post with a mid-slot shot we've seen him bury several times this year). The second period was Endicott's best....they definitely had some stretches where they could have banged another goal or two home and changed the game all together. They missed the net by inches in the closing seconds of the second period...that puck goes in and who knows how the third plays out. Hobart's second goal on the power play in the third was absolutely gorgeous. I had a perfect vantage point on that one. Great look from Shell to see the seem through the box - he zipped a perfectly placed pass to Mourar and he hammered the one timer. Absolutely no chance for the Endicott goalie as he got all of it and place just under the cross bar on the short side.

Maybe I am biased, but I do think the better team won. That is no dig at Endicott...that is a VERY good hockey team...I just think Hobart had the edge overall. That is a tough rink to win a game in...kudos to Coach Taylor and the boys for staying focused and getting the job done. The next one won't be any easier...

As far as the uniforms go...no idea why they pulled navy blue out of the gear. I've talked to a bunch of hockey alumn...nobody minds the home uniform. But the away unis are definitely polarizing, some guys love them for being unique and others think they are too flashy. I imagine from a players perspective they love them - nobody looks anything like them and it has to be easier to spot their teammates in the periphery with that crazy orange. Call 'em pumpkins, pylons...I don't care...I'm just hoping we get to call them national champions!

GO 'Bart!!!!!!!
                  Just do it ! Beat Adrian.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartman View Post

I believe in Minnesota they call that the "Halloween Machine" (technically orange & black).
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by WCHornet View Post

Honestly, I don't think that was deserving of a 5 minute penalty. That was all they could call because Krug asked for a review. It was that or nothing.
                      Are we talking about the play where the Adrian defenseman went down on the puck and the players dug it out in two or three tries? Because if that's a five-minute major, that becomes the worst call in an NCAA game I've ever seen. I didn't see any penalty at all, let alone a spearing major.
                      Steve
                      Penn State Class of '95
                      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• Originally posted by spwood View Post

Are we talking about the play where the Adrian defenseman went down on the puck and the players dug it out in two or three tries? Because if that's a five-minute major, that becomes the worst call in an NCAA game I've ever seen. I didn't see any penalty at all, let alone a spearing major.
                        Given they took #20 for the spearing call...I think that had to have been the play. I agree - awful call. That situation (player falls on top of a puck and guys try to dig it out) happens quite frequently and it doesn't get called. #20 made contact with the puck when he pushed his stick under the body of the Adrian player...that was what popped the puck out so the play could continue. Didn't look malicious at all...don't see any hint of an "intent to injure".

Guessing Krug knew damn well there was a technicality that would force them to call it. That is some serious crap luck for UNE.

Comment

• Originally posted by llama View Post

Given they took #20 for the spearing call...I think that had to have been the play. I agree - awful call. That situation (player falls on top of a puck and guys try to dig it out) happens quite frequently and it doesn't get called. #20 made contact with the puck when he pushed his stick under the body of the Adrian player...that was what popped the puck out so the play could continue. Didn't look malicious at all...don't see any hint of an "intent to injure".

Guessing Krug knew damn well there was a technicality that would force them to call it. That is some serious crap luck for UNE.
                          If there was a rule that "forced" the officials to call that, I would say that rule needs to be changed immediately. Made the officials and the replay system look like clowns.
                          Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

• The fact that it took so long for the refs to make the decision on the call makes one think that they really had to look long and hard to find the call. BUT, and this is a biG BUT, UNE had so many chances to close this deal throughout the game, to point at that call and say ‘this was the game’, I don’t know.

I thought the refs and linesmen were out of the league being on the ice with these two teams. I don’t know how many times they disrupted plays at the blue line and in the corners, they couldn’t stay out of the way. The linesmen stop at least 3 Adrian rushes at the UNE blue line by being in the way.

Congrats to Adrian, if you want to win championships, you have to kick the king off the throne. UNE didn’t get that done yesterday

Comment

• Dino coach a right on assessment of the officiating the linesmen were awful and it appeared none of the officials could keep up with the play nor anticipate proper positioning

Comment

• Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                                The fact that it took so long for the refs to make the decision on the call makes one think that they really had to look long and hard to find the call. BUT, and this is a biG BUT, UNE had so many chances to close this deal throughout the game, to point at that call and say ‘this was the game’, I don’t know.
                                Yeah, I get the whole "one call doesn't make the game" argument. In this case, this bad call gave Adrian a five minute power play in overtime and took a UNE player out of the game. I get that if either goaltender or defense had shown up in regulation there wouldn't have been an overtime. That doesn't make the call any less terrible or that since they were in overtime, didn't decide the game.

Steve
                                Penn State Class of '95

Comment

Working...
                                X