World University Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World University Games

The Team USA roster for the World University Games was released. Several top D3 teams have two players on the roster, while Adrian has three players on the roster. Some of these teams may have additional representation on Team Canada.

It will be interesting to see the impact on these teams of being without a couple of top players for two weeks.
    5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
    2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Geneseo's Peter Morgan on the roster and Alex Wilkins named a reserve.

Comment

https://www.uscho.com/2022/12/14/d-i...versity-games/

Comment

I'm utterly flabbergasted that "perennial national power" Utica does not have any representation on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
          I'm utterly flabbergasted that "perennial national power" Utica does not have any representation on this team.
          Me too..! The Republicans clearly had a hand in that.

While we're on the topic, do SNC players dominate the roster? I haven't bothered to look that up, and I'm fairly certain that no one outside of family and friends give a flying crap either, but do tell!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Me too..! The Republicans clearly had a hand in that.

While we're on the topic, do SNC players dominate the roster? I haven't bothered to look that up, and I'm fairly certain that no one outside of family and friends give a flying crap either, but do tell!
            They have three. Two for the United States and one for Slovakia.

And again, why so angry? So, so angry...
            Last edited by Sir Nubs; 12-14-2022, 10:51 PM.

Comment

They have three. Two for the United States and one for Slovakia.

And again, why so angry? So, so angry...
              IDK... Because you've been an intrusive dick for years..?

Hard to say, but best of luck to the boys.

Comment

It is fairly clear that there were multiple coaches who wouldn’t release their players to go play in a nothing-burger tournament mid season and miss games that count. This tournament is quite literally nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

IDK... Because you've been an intrusive dick for years..?

Hard to say, but best of luck to the boys.
                  Ah yes, back to the name calling. I feel bad for you, Steve. Especially when your late-evening foray into the hard stuff makes you an angry man.

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

It is fairly clear that there were multiple coaches who wouldn’t release their players to go play in a nothing-burger tournament mid season and miss games that count. This tournament is quite literally nothing
                    And now we are belittling the tournament and the experience the kids who are playing in it will get because Utica doesn't have anybody.

Any coach who won't allow their players to play in an international competition of any sort really needs to check himself and tells me a lot about them without a word even having to be spoken. Don't know if that's what happened in Utica's case but if so shame on their coaching staff.

Comment

Mike Szkodzinski no longer coaches at Lawrence.

Comment

And now we are belittling the tournament and the experience the kids who are playing in it will get because Utica doesn't have anybody.

Any coach who won't allow their players to play in an international competition of any sort really needs to check himself and tells me a lot about them without a word even having to be spoken. Don't know if that's what happened in Utica's case but if so shame on their coaching staff.
                        Yes shame on the coaching staff for wanting to win games instead of sending their top players to a meaningless mid-season tournament. I am sure you will be singing a different tune when StN misses out on a Pool C due to a couple losses in early January. That would be unfortunate.

You had no idea what the University Games were prior to this year, don't act like its all of a sudden a big event

Comment

I am sure you will be singing a different tune when StN misses out on a Pool C due to a couple losses in early January.
                          SNC might already be missing out on a Pool C due to a couple losses in November/December

Comment

Yes shame on the coaching staff for wanting to win games instead of sending their top players to a meaningless mid-season tournament. I am sure you will be singing a different tune when StN misses out on a Pool C due to a couple losses in early January. That would be unfortunate.

You had no idea what the University Games were prior to this year, don't act like its all of a sudden a big event
                            I unequivocally trust Tim Coghlin when it comes to making decisions regarding his program. His record speaks for itself. Letting those guys go play shows why he has been as successful as he is heading into his fourth decade. Perhaps those guys will be better when they come back having played in the tournament.

Utica is playing Neumann and Lebanon Valley those two weekends. If they're worried about losing games to those two teams then they either aren't that good or the coaches aren't good enough to figure out a way to win with one or two guys missing. Not any different than guys out injured.

Maybe Beaney and Taylor went Shoeless Joe in Field of Dreams and told Ty Cobb (Heenan) to stick it. There is always that possibility too.

Comment

I unequivocally trust Tim Coghlin when it comes to making decisions regarding his program. His record speaks for itself. Letting those guys go play shows why he has been as successful as he is heading into his fourth decade. Perhaps those guys will be better when they come back having played in the tournament.

Utica is playing Neumann and Lebanon Valley those two weekends. If they're worried about losing games to those two teams then they either aren't that good or the coaches aren't good enough to figure out a way to win with one or two guys missing. Not any different than guys out injured.

Maybe Beaney and Taylor went Shoeless Joe in Field of Dreams and told Ty Cobb (Heenan) to stick it. There is always that possibility too.
                              How does letting them go play show that he has been a successful coach? It's never been done before. You just made that up.

Per your second point, every game matters in a short D3 season. One or two hiccups a season goes a long way. Hence why Norbert isn't anywhere near the Pool C picture right now.

And third... is a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                              X