Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not many scores reported

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Not many scores reported

    Last year USCHO was slow in getting D3 scores reported until late night. This year so far most of this weekend’s scores aren’t even posted. Is this what we can expect this season for D3?

  • #2
    Originally posted by dhammond View Post
    Last year USCHO was slow in getting D3 scores reported until late night. This year so far most of this weekend’s scores aren’t even posted. Is this what we can expect this season for D3?
    Remember all these games are exhibitions and do not count for anything. Many Division III staffs do not even cover these exhibitions because they are the equivalent of scrimmages, which are not covered in any sport generally.

    The athletic communications/sports information profession is really at a crossroads right now trying to keep people in jobs and replace those that leave.

    Look at the CoSIDA (now college sports communicators) job board. I believe there are 150 openings in there in mid October. Which is absolutely wild for a profession that works on a cyclical basis.

    My guess is part of the reason why scores aren’t being populated in Uscho is because many games aren’t officially being stated with box scores submitted to the NCAA, which is where Uscho pulls its information now that collegehockeystats is no longer.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

      Remember all these games are exhibitions and do not count for anything. Many Division III staffs do not even cover these exhibitions because they are the equivalent of scrimmages, which are not covered in any sport generally.

      The athletic communications/sports information profession is really at a crossroads right now trying to keep people in jobs and replace those that leave.

      Look at the CoSIDA (now college sports communicators) job board. I believe there are 150 openings in there in mid October. Which is absolutely wild for a profession that works on a cyclical basis.

      My guess is part of the reason why scores aren’t being populated in Uscho is because many games aren’t officially being stated with box scores submitted to the NCAA, which is where Uscho pulls its information now that collegehockeystats is no longer.
      In fact many teams aren't even posting scores of these games on their websites.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by dhammond View Post
        Last year USCHO was slow in getting D3 scores reported until late night. This year so far most of this weekend’s scores aren’t even posted. Is this what we can expect this season for D3?
        scores thread started. ;-)))

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by geneseo View Post

          In fact many teams aren't even posting scores of these games on their websites.
          Scores for exhibition games are one of the most useless things in sports.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dhammond View Post
            Last year USCHO was slow in getting D3 scores reported until late night. This year so far most of this weekend’s scores aren’t even posted. Is this what we can expect this season for D3?
            All our scores are fed directly from the NCAA data source. We have them up automatically within a couple of minutes of that. Any time you don't see a final score – or live scores for that matter – it's because they haven't been submitted by the schools.

            Comment

            Working...
            X