Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oswego Lakers 2022-23..Crash the net...Let's go Lakers!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oswego Lakers 2022-23..Crash the net...Let's go Lakers!!!!!

Ok anyone out there??? 1 new D man and 1 new net minder,along with 5 new forwards, should hopefully get us going for this season?? Let's hope for a little more O,and some good hits.........Reminder this Saturday's game is a 3pm start as/the website schedule..Go Lakers!!!

Have been following Cal Schell since last season. Think this could be Oswego’s best goalie since Ryan Scott.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Played one period today, looked pretty solid in a 3-1 win vs Stevenson,lets hope so???

Comment

Kind of a snoozy game, everyone fitting together. All three goalies looked good. Third goal was an emptynetter, so really a 2-1 score.

Strangest game ever. Oswego got a penalty for coming out of the locker room late for the second period. Then at the beginning of the third BOTH teams came out BEFORE the 1:00 mark and both got delay of game penalties. Go figure....
        Oswego State 1980 Grad
        (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

Originally posted by ColdInRomney View Post
          Strangest game ever. Oswego got a penalty for coming out of the locker room late for the second period. Then at the beginning of the third BOTH teams came out BEFORE the 1:00 mark and both got delay of game penalties. Go figure....
          Thus is a point of emphasis this year — protocol penalties. It’s already been called a ton of times in D1.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

While playing in The Police/Fire Games in Colorado Springs,1993,yea I'm old, we got called for the same delay of game penalty as the locker rooms were a long walk away and we could not hear the buzzer, lost the semi-final game on the PPG that they got, moral get your *** out of the locker room or it may cost ya...Let's hope this does not cost a team a game..

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Thus is a point of emphasis this year — protocol penalties. It’s already been called a ton of times in D1.
              Geneseo v. Alvernia started 3 on 3 due to Protocol Violations.

Comment

Originally posted by geneseo View Post

They had better straighten that **** out ......Not sure why this would be a big deal??? Perhaps they refs should pay more attention to reffing a good consistent game, than some silly rule???

Comment

How come 3 on 3?
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post

How come 3 on 3?
                    I assume that there were two guys on each team involved in the violations, some kind of pregame hijinks I'm guessing.

Comment

I assume that there were two guys on each team involved in the violations, some kind of pregame hijinks I'm guessing.
                      I doubt it. These are typically team bench penalties. But, there are different protocols which could have been broken at the same time, such as time to get on the ice, time to get off the ice after warmups, which teams gets to enter the ice first, time to lineup to get on the ice even if you get on the ice at the right time, etc.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post

They had better straighten that **** out ......Not sure why this would be a big deal??? Perhaps they refs should pay more attention to reffing a good consistent game, than some silly rule???
                        The refs are following orders to call this stuff. They have no choice if they want to keep their ratings up. And this is the easiest way to keep your ratings up. People behave based on how they are measured. And will take the easieset path to that measurement.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

I doubt it. These are typically team bench penalties. But, there are different protocols which could have been broken at the same time, such as time to get on the ice, time to get off the ice after warmups, which teams gets to enter the ice first, time to lineup to get on the ice even if you get on the ice at the right time, etc.
                          They tried harping over this stuff a couple years back early in the season, it never lasted. Players were getting tagged for crossing the red line in warm ups.

Comment

The refs are following orders to call this stuff. They have no choice if they want to keep their ratings up. And this is the easiest way to keep your ratings up. People behave based on how they are measured. And will take the easieset path to that measurement.
                            Following orders....I have heard that somewhere b4...

Comment

Originally posted by JSicedog View Post

They tried harping over this stuff a couple years back early in the season, it never lasted. Players were getting tagged for crossing the red line in warm ups.
                              Oh for sure. Points of emphasis always fade out about a third of the way through a season.

But for now, be prepared.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                              X