DIII Conferences Shuffle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIII Conferences Shuffle?

Hi, excuse my ignorance to this topic. I have followed DI-Hockey East my whole life so I am new to the DIII landscape - as of the introduction of Rivier hockey.

Can anyone tell me their thoughts on when/where Rivier can land conference wise? This land of independence is obviously less than ideal. I had heard that New England College might be leaving their current conference home...could they wind up with Rivier and the (two?) other independents to begin to form a new conference? Help educate me

It is my understanding that the 4 independents are looking to have 2 schools join them to form a conference. Albertus M., Anna Maria, Rivier and SUNY Canton are the 4 current independents and last year they held an end of the year tournament with the blessing of the GNAC.

Comment

The GNAC is, I believe, one school away from having its own conference. That will open a can of worms
      Last edited by joecct; 09-30-2022, 08:36 PM.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
      X