X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jerrynu26
    replied
    Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post

This team cannot blame the refs in any way. Put the puck in the net. But the consistency of reffing around the league is downright disgusting and if you don’t protect the players teams like USM are going to be in the more important games and get absolutely rolled once the refs actually do their effing job.

The reffing is far below the play in this league. A team that averages 4 penalties a game with 0 in a conference quarterfinal ?!
    there just are not enough referees available to weed out the bad ones.
    going from 3 to 4 on ice officials certainly had an impact on numbers, but also (at first) improved the quality of the officiating.
    Officials are in short supply in all sports, and everyone’s fan base has part of the blame for that.

Leave a comment:

• spwood
    replied
    Originally posted by Bog Hockey View Post
    So, where are you Ellsworth disciples? Is he at all responsible? Good luck recruiting on this record. Again, time to pull the plug on the failed Ellsworth experiment! Done!
    Who do you have ready to take the job that is an upgrade from your current coach? Be careful what you wish for…..l

Leave a comment:

• Bog Hockey
    replied
    Shall we blame the ice surface next?

Leave a comment:

• Bartman
    replied
    Only respect offered to the Norwich fans. Selfishly, I was hoping for an NEHC final at the Cooler against the cadets. The NEHC is a tough conference and Southern Maine played very well and looked to deserve the win. Good luck to Norwich and their fans in the future, we all need a strong Norwich in D3 hockey, for sure.

Leave a comment:

• 802Hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
    The refereeing was at least consistent. It was very apparent early in the game that they were going to “let them play”. There were several plays that should have been boarding calls (on both teams).
    the trouble is that this team isn’t playing a physical game, so they are constantly taking hits. Eventually that adds up.
    This team cannot blame the refs in any way. Put the puck in the net. But the consistency of reffing around the league is downright disgusting and if you don’t protect the players teams like USM are going to be in the more important games and get absolutely rolled once the refs actually do their effing job.

The reffing is far below the play in this league. A team that averages 4 penalties a game with 0 in a conference quarterfinal ?!

Leave a comment:

• jerrynu26
    replied
    The refereeing was at least consistent. It was very apparent early in the game that they were going to “let them play”. There were several plays that should have been boarding calls (on both teams).
    the trouble is that this team isn’t playing a physical game, so they are constantly taking hits. Eventually that adds up.
    Last edited by jerrynu26; 02-18-2024, 07:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied
    Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
    I don’t have much to say about the game. I don’t blame one single person for the state of the program. I do blame D3 reffing for my lack of giving a $&#! Zero penalties in a D3 hockey game is pretty freaking hilarious. If that’s the way they need to get parity in the league then good riddance.
    I didn’t watch much of the game so I can’t comment about the officiating last night.

I will say it’s not uncommon for Norwich teams to have games without taking a penalty though. Regularly under McShane and this has continued with Ellsworth Norwich is one of the least penalized teams in the country.

i can recall multiple Norwich/Babson and I believe a Norwich/Hobart game or two with zero penalties called all game.

Leave a comment:

• 802Hockey
    replied
    I don’t have much to say about the game. I don’t blame one single person for the state of the program. I do blame D3 reffing for my lack of giving a $&#! Zero penalties in a D3 hockey game is pretty freaking hilarious. If that’s the way they need to get parity in the league then good riddance.

Leave a comment:

• Bog Hockey
    replied
    We won’t hear from the Ellsworth supporters. They’ll go underground until the fall. Matson will have a tough time recruiting….

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    I just came here for the meltdowns…

Leave a comment:

• Bog Hockey
    replied
    So, where are you Ellsworth disciples? Is he at all responsible? Good luck recruiting on this record. Again, time to pull the plug on the failed Ellsworth experiment! Done!

Leave a comment:

• ***JCB***
    replied
    Better luck next year comments just don't cut it today. That was @#$^% horrible.

Leave a comment:

• PrezdeJohnson09
    replied
    Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

1-0 and 2-1 wins matter just the same as 5-0 and 6-1.

Given the goal scoring unpredictability, it wouldn't shock me if Norwich loses in the first round (that would be a major disappointment on home ice) but I could also see them going all the way and pulling off the upset against Hobart with the right bounce of the puck in the league finals.
    Unfortunately the former came true.

2 out of last 3 years quarterfinal losses in league tourney.

No at-large hopes this year. Going to be a long wait until October 27 or 28 whenever they open regular season next year.

Leave a comment:

• ***JCB***
    replied
    Period.

Leave a comment:

• KrbFlint
    replied
    Before anyone asks or calls me out, horrible loss. Period.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X