X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jerrynu26
    replied
    Originally posted by Norwich59 View Post

I wonder if Steve was ever considered for the head hockey coach job? Would he want it?
    IMO, there is no way Steve would want the head coach job. I think he is perfectly happy (and admirably suited) to be the recruiter. He might be “ unsettled” about his recommendations being ignored, and who could blame him, given his success in brining in talent in the past.

Leave a comment:

• Norwich59
    replied
    Originally posted by dwb View Post
    Steve Mattson has a history of recruiting some of the best players in d3-he would be the one person I would listen to
    I wonder if Steve was ever considered for the head hockey coach job? Would he want it?

Leave a comment:

• KrbFlint
    replied
    Originally posted by ***JCB*** View Post

Can you elaborate? I find it hard to believe tuition is doubling. Are you talking about aid packages?
    Aid packages. Aid has been slashed to address a deficit. The stated plan is to bring in more students and have them pay more.

IMO, the interim administration was actively working to HARM athletics (hockey). The only hope is newly appointed President Gen. Broadmeadow makes some changes…quickly.

Leave a comment:

• KrbFlint
    replied
    Originally posted by dwb View Post
    I wonder does that include international students already completed at least one year or does that only apply to incoming freshmen??

Incoming freshmen

Leave a comment:

• AmericanCadet
    replied
    Football might be three times the tuition, but it’s how many times the cost? I had an earlier post that detailed the cost of college sports. The conclusion was football is very expensive. I suppose if they increase tuition to $40k plus, maybe it becomes a winner. However, they definitely won’t be getting top talent. It would be nice if Norwich attempted to compete in one sport.

Leave a comment:

• bakdraft21
    replied
    Originally posted by AmericanCadet View Post
    Maybe the collapse of the University is extreme, but I have more information than what has been made public. This scandal won’t help with recruitment both athletics and academic wise. Athletes and parents are thinking twice about sending their children here.

Payouts due to the lawsuit could happen. That could come directly from the endowment. Think about asking the same rich folks for money this year after the scandal. Pocketbooks and wallets may not be so easy to pry open.

Schools *HAVE* survived worse, but we are coming into the GenZ and Gen Alpha population crunch. Increasing tuition and lowering scholarships is certainly one way to go. Other schools will decrease tuition and increase scholarships. The one thing Norwich has going for the, is their unique set of majors, being a military/cyber security college.

As for the hockey program….IDK. I still say shutdown football and throw resources at hockey. Football will never be anything special at Norwich.
    For the kids and people who play/coach football it is SPECIAL I am sure.......

Leave a comment:

• Lord_Zubin
    replied
    we are coming into the GenZ and Gen Alpha population crunch.
    Its also not really a secret that gen z and younger aren't exactly the biggest fans of the police and the military (more the police buts thats a conversation for a different website). You can find a bunch of articles online about the army recruiting struggles in general, so I would imagine a military academy would also struggle

Leave a comment:

• jerrynu26
    replied

As for the hockey program….IDK. I still say shutdown football and throw resources at hockey. Football will never be anything special at Norwich.
    Except football has three times the tuition income as hockey, and far more than that as alumni.

The shrinking group of college age students is the biggest challenge, IMO larger than the alleged scandal. That will
    largely be written off as the wrong choice to lead. The new choice, as an alum AND general officer is perfect for getting more military lifestyle students into the University.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    we are coming into the GenZ and Gen Alpha population crunch.
    This is definitely a key challenge to all colleges/universities moving forward.

Leave a comment:

• AmericanCadet
    replied
    Maybe the collapse of the University is extreme, but I have more information than what has been made public. This scandal won’t help with recruitment both athletics and academic wise. Athletes and parents are thinking twice about sending their children here.

Payouts due to the lawsuit could happen. That could come directly from the endowment. Think about asking the same rich folks for money this year after the scandal. Pocketbooks and wallets may not be so easy to pry open.

Schools *HAVE* survived worse, but we are coming into the GenZ and Gen Alpha population crunch. Increasing tuition and lowering scholarships is certainly one way to go. Other schools will decrease tuition and increase scholarships. The one thing Norwich has going for the, is their unique set of majors, being a military/cyber security college.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by spwood View Post

I assume he means this, though I doubt it's the "collapse of the entire University"...
    Not good. But schools have survived way worse scandals.

Leave a comment:

• spwood
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

What lawsuits from the prior President?
    I assume he means this, though I doubt it's the "collapse of the entire University"...

The former president of Norwich University, Mark Anarumo has been accused of discrimination and inappropriate sexual behavior in a lawsuit filed against the school this week.

Leave a comment:

• Norwich59
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Play the drama queen much?

I believe this is what "American Cadet" is referring to....

https://vtdigger.org/2024/04/24/laws...iscrimination/

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Obviously with the lawsuits from the prior President, and the interim President coming from California, there are some real issues going on with Norwich. We are witnessing the collapse of an entire University.
    Play the drama queen much?

Leave a comment:

• Norwich59
    replied
    Obviously with the lawsuits from the prior President, and the interim President coming from California, there are some real issues going on with Norwich. We are witnessing the collapse of an entire University.
    I doubt it...Get a grip!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X