X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
    Hey Norwich fans ..... biggest game of the season Friday night
    Where is everybody?
    I've been kind of busy lately but have cleared my calendar for the next 2 games. I thought Atherton played his best game this season vs Babson. He gave up very few rebounds and I can't help but think that having 2 very competent goalies makes the non-starting goalie better. Our advantage and I am confident, and I think the team is confident, in the both of them.

We have already beaten this team once, we have to pull out the big guns to silence the crowd at the cooler. Good Luck Cadets, you can do this!

Just realized this sounds vaguely like a threat and I don't want Homeland Security knocking on my door! Let me clarify- big guns are the puck shooters who get the goals. We have them and need to use them often.
    Last edited by 17'sfanNU; 02-10-2023, 10:08 AM.
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

• Well the inconsistency came up again. This team can play well, but sometimes they just don’t play that way at all. Still two to go, but I can’t see them putting up 3, not tonight.

edit….. 60 minutes. Not 40.
      Go 'Wick!

Comment

• What a horrible 1st period, by the looks of it I thought the final score would be 9-0. Glad they recovered in the 2nd and 3rd and made a decent attempt to win the game. Why is the first period a problem for Norwich? How can they go to the locker room for 15 minutes and come back on the ice a totally different team?

Comment

• Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
          What a horrible 1st period, by the looks of it I thought the final score would be 9-0. Glad they recovered in the 2nd and 3rd and made a decent attempt to win the game. Why is the first period a problem for Norwich? How can they go to the locker room for 15 minutes and come back on the ice a totally different team?
          How can they come out against a team they have already beaten, with first place on the line, and play like that?
          On the plus side, I suppose, is that they won't face Castleton...... not that NEC is much easier.
          Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post

How can they come out against a team they have already beaten, with first place on the line, and play like that?
            On the plus side, I suppose, is that they won't face Castleton...... not that NEC is much easier.
            I thought it was more Hobart coming out Hot in the first period. Coach Taylor had them totally pumped before the game. Unfortunately, Hobart either starts hot or ends hot, but doesn't seem to keep it for three periods against a quality team like Norwich. So, my concern is letting Norwich back in the game like they did Friday when the playoffs come. The Cooler is the preferred venue but Norwich will be scratching for the tournament win as perhaps their only way to get into the NCAA field. Hobart blew it last year against Skidmore in the NEHC tourney, and had to travel to Adrian for the loss. BTW, the NEC goalie was awesome on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartman View Post

I thought it was more Hobart coming out Hot in the first period. Coach Taylor had them totally pumped before the game. Unfortunately, Hobart either starts hot or ends hot, but doesn't seem to keep it for three periods against a quality team like Norwich. So, my concern is letting Norwich back in the game like they did Friday when the playoffs come. The Cooler is the preferred venue but Norwich will be scratching for the tournament win as perhaps their only way to get into the NCAA field. Hobart blew it last year against Skidmore in the NEHC tourney, and had to travel to Adrian for the loss. BTW, the NEC goalie was awesome on Saturday.
              I agree with how Hobart came out for the first. My concern was why Norwich did NOT, at least until after the first intermission.
              Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Good win tonight. I’m sure Cadet fans wanted a larger margin of victory, but every win counts. I thought Norwich carried the play all night, just couldn’t pot more goals. From my vantage point, it looked like NEC’s goalie stopped three shots he never saw in the second period.

A lot of quality chances were narrowly missed. Game could’ve easily been 5-1. Elgstam, Kerner, Gaudette, Mantaro, and Callum Jones stood out IMO. And Atherton was steady Eddie as usual. On to the semifinals.

Kreitzberg was electric. Felt like the old days.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                  Great Game Great Atmosphere
                  Let's Keep It Going

NU71

Steve Day(NU71)
                  Go Cadets

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                    Good win tonight. I’m sure Cadet fans wanted a larger margin of victory, but every win counts. I thought Norwich carried the play all night, just couldn’t pot more goals. From my vantage point, it looked like NEC’s goalie stopped three shots he never saw in the second period.

A lot of quality chances were narrowly missed. Game could’ve easily been 5-1. Elgstam, Kerner, Gaudette, Mantaro, and Callum Jones stood out IMO. And Atherton was steady Eddie as usual. On to the semifinals.

2-1 wins are better than 5-4 losses at this time of the year. Doesn't matter how you get it, as long as you do.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Congrats to former men’s team 3 year captain, assistant coach for men’s first national championship, coach of the women’s team from club to varsity to national championship, national coach of the year, then national coach of the year in Division 1, NCAA semifinal appearence, and now the Ivy League and ECAC regular season champions, and a friend.
                      Wway to go Mark Bolding!!!
                      Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                        Congrats to former men’s team 3 year captain, assistant coach for men’s first national championship, coach of the women’s team from club to varsity to national championship, national coach of the year, then national coach of the year in Division 1, NCAA semifinal appearence, and now the Ivy League and ECAC regular season champions, and a friend.
                        Wway to go Mark Bolding!!!
                        Guy flat out wins.
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

• I would say this is disappointing, but not unexpected. Sad to say, but this years team didn’t seem to be able to overcome pressure games.
                          Unsure what next year brings, except rumor has it that possibly the next best d-man won’t be there.
                          Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Cadets need some scorers. Outshot by only one shot tonight, but lose 4-0. Offensively, Norwich is talented enough to generate the chances, but can’t put enough pucks behind goaltenders. Really left a TON of goals out there tonight. Ellsworth is really good and developing and coaching defensive schemes and REALLY good at coaching and developing goalies. A few more
                            scorers to complement guys like Kerner and Johnson and we’re cooking with gas.

Tonight was a tough and disappointing loss, but with what’s coming back and what’s coming in (BIG commitment last weekend, I hear), Norwich will be battling for the top of the NEHC once again in 2023-2024.

Comment

• Flint, I agree with your opinion about the Cadets needing shooters. We have some great offensive players but that doesn't seem enough. Strong defense is great but you can't win a game with out scoring goals. Does Norwich need an assistant coach who specializes in Offense? I have no ideal if that is already in place or not. It just seems to me that they need more set plays looking to feed the open man. Babson did that 3 times last night.

As for next year is it remotely possible that Albano will return for an extra season due to the Covid years? I think he might be eligible but I know it's a big undertaking financially and may not be in his plans. I just want to know if it is a possibility? JerryNU26 mentioned the potential for losing a top D-man, any idea who that might be?

Why do I ask these questions when little will be said now and we'll all have to wait until October to know more? I guess I am not ready to say the season is over, however I find it virtually impossible to get an at large bid at this time.

It was a good season and very entertaining with so many close games and 1 goal wins and losses. I thank Norwich, and all the coaches and players for keeping me close to the action by broadcasting the games and playing their hearts out. I'll keep an eye out for news. Until October, hope everyone has a happy and healthy spring and summer.

Puck Voice, it's been a pleasure, thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                                Flint, I agree with your opinion about the Cadets needing shooters. We have some great offensive players but that doesn't seem enough. Strong defense is great but you can't win a game with out scoring goals. Does Norwich need an assistant coach who specializes in Offense? I have no ideal if that is already in place or not. It just seems to me that they need more set plays looking to feed the open man. Babson did that 3 times last night.

As for next year is it remotely possible that Albano will return for an extra season due to the Covid years? I think he might be eligible but I know it's a big undertaking financially and may not be in his plans. I just want to know if it is a possibility? JerryNU26 mentioned the potential for losing a top D-man, any idea who that might be?

Why do I ask these questions when little will be said now and we'll all have to wait until October to know more? I guess I am not ready to say the season is over, however I find it virtually impossible to get an at large bid at this time.

It was a good season and very entertaining with so many close games and 1 goal wins and losses. I thank Norwich, and all the coaches and players for keeping me close to the action by broadcasting the games and playing their hearts out. I'll keep an eye out for news. Until October, hope everyone has a happy and healthy spring and summer.

Puck Voice, it's been a pleasure, thank you.
                                I'm quite out of the loop nowadays but my guess is Jerry might be referring to Callum Jones, who has the ability to come back for a 5th year still. If I had to guess, he's going to potentially look at spending a 5th year at a D1 or go play lacrosse somewhere else.

As hard as this is to believe, Callum is a better lacrosse player than a hockey player and could play that at a very-high level if he wanted to. I think he just loves hockey more.
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X