Norwich 2022-23 Back to Normal (ish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post

As long as they don't implode, at least the #2 seed is all but a lock. That's huge to have at least two rounds of home ice advantage (assuming wins in each round, which I know is a lot to assume in how good the NEHC is).

#1 is actually still very much in play too if Norwich can have considerable success out in NY. But that's a gauntlet of a weekend at Elmira and Hobart and just getting at least three points would be a very successful weekend.

Right now it appears Hobart and Norwich are back on their collision course to meet in the NEHC title game...although this year it could happen in Geneva for the first time after three years in Northfield. Lots of hockey left to be played though and Norwich still has work to do to stay in the Pool C hunt should they not end up winning the league. Any minor or major slip-ups could have grave consequences on getting into the big dance if you don't win your autobid.
    That slip up against Middlebury…

Comment

• Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post

That slip up against Middlebury…
      The Cooler collision on Feb. 10th, and hopefully one more in the NEHC tournament ( fingers crossed that's in the Cooler as well). Looking forward to some great D3 hockey from 2 top teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bartman View Post

The Cooler collision on Feb. 10th, and hopefully one more in the NEHC tournament ( fingers crossed that's in the Cooler as well). Looking forward to some great D3 hockey from 2 top teams.
        I'm thinking of going to this game, skipping whatever SUNYAC game is available.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Sorry I have been quiet since before Christmas, had a few health issue come up. Glad to see Albano has it in him. I have a hard time deciding who is the better goalie. That's up to coach to decide but Albano looked strong in the net even with our top D men out. Hope everyone gets healthy and gets cleared to play, we're going to need them the next 4 games. They way I see it, we need to win each game and then beat Hobart to get Top seed home ice advantage for the conference Championship. Not likely that Hobart will lose any more conference games, but you never know. Should be an exciting competition to the end.

There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

• Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
            Sorry I have been quiet since before Christmas, had a few health issue come up. Glad to see Albano has it in him. I have a hard time deciding who is the better goalie. That's up to coach to decide but Albano looked strong in the net even with our top D men out. Hope everyone gets healthy and gets cleared to play, we're going to need them the next 4 games. They way I see it, we need to win each game and then beat Hobart to get Top seed home ice advantage for the conference Championship. Not likely that Hobart will lose any more conference games, but you never know. Should be an exciting competition to the end.
            Hope you are doing better!

Comment

• Thanks Flint, it's a process but I am gaining ground every day and much better than 2-3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Puck Voice/George Commo, I have dreaded this day almost as much as you. Thank you for your calls of the action and the devotion to Norwich Hockey. I have enjoyed each and every game you have called since 1999 when I first started attending games at Norwich. Heck I even loved to sit in the rink and hear you call the game on my transistor radio! You are an inspiration for all of us, especially those with Parkinson's Disease and other disabling progressive diseases. I knew the day was coming soon when you backed away from calling games with Craig this season, but the ending is still bittersweet. Wish I could be there at tomorrow's game to give you a standing ovation, but I'm in Florida and my health has some limitations at this time. I'm sure I would not have dry eyes if I was there and may even shed a tear or two watching on the computer. Please enjoy your semi-retirement and occasionally shout "He Scores" every once in awhile. We all will miss your voice and will remember you fondly. Thanks for the memories!

Comment

• Gritty win. Wasn’t pretty at points, it they found a way to get it done in the third and keep pace in the NEHC. I expect a great effort tomorrow to wrap up the weekend.

This team *seems* to play to the level of the competition. Generally a negative, BUT, with a BIG weekend coming up next, hopefully will lead to great wins in NY

Comment

• A worrisome trap game going into the third but Wick rebounded and found a way to win the game. At one point I thought that too many players were trying to out maneuver their way into the offensive zone, almost as if they were the only ones on the ice. Norwich plays better as a team not an individual, which proved correct in the 3 goal third period. Nice to see and hear George at the game. At the same time, the 1st two periods lacked flow since So. Maine constantly iced the puck and blocked pucks like they were super human. They really clogged up the front of the net and their strategy (if it was planned) almost worked.

Anybody heard any news about McKenzie, Thibodeau and Cordeiro and if they are expected to return before the playoffs? Sure would like to have Mikey back, and Thibodeau for that matter. Cordeiro appeared to have a significant injury but I hope he is back next year.

Need to have as many hands on deck and play great games for the next 3, Babson, Hobart and Elmira.

Comment

• Thanks 17'sfan for the kind words .... Tough call but it is time.
                      ​​​​​​Still have this season though ....
                      ON nights when you don't play well you need to find ways to win.
                      • Cadets did that Tonite but they will need to be better tomorrow.

Comment

• Flint likely knows the status of players, but he may need to remain discreet. I trust his analysis, insight, and judgment.

Comment

• Hey Norwich fans ..... biggest game of the season Friday night
                          Where is everybody?

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                            Hey Norwich fans ..... biggest game of the season Friday night
                            Where is everybody?
                            The Cooler awaits.

Comment

• Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                              Hey Norwich fans ..... biggest game of the season Friday night
                              Where is everybody?
                              Waiting………
                              but in looking at the conference standings, am I wrong in thinking Norwich’s points are short by 1? Hopefully will make no difference, but there may exist a situation where it does.
                              Hi
                              Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Currently, Norwich points are 40 (12 wins @3pts+1 OTW@2pts and 2 Ties@1 pt each= 40), Hobart is 14 wins x 3 =42). So if Norwich wins in regulation Friday, they are the leader going into Saturday's games by 1 point. If Norwich wins in OT, NU gets 2pts and Hobart gets 1 and Hobart will have a 1 Pt lead going into Saturday. If the teams tie, Hobart will remain 2 points ahead before Saturday. If Hobart wins in regulation they will be seeded first in the tournament regardless of the Saturday outcomes. If Hobart wins in OT, Hobart will have a 3 pt lead going into Saturday, but a loss by Hobart and a win by NU on Saturday results in a tie for the season (Tiebreaker goes to NU having a regulation win vs Hobart and gets NU first seed??) I think, I have this right but happy to be corrected. In any case, the fight tomorrow is for home ice in the NEHC tournament, but these teams will most likely see each other again . Looking forward to it.
                                Last edited by Bartman; 02-09-2023, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X